New couch

Replaced our tired, discolored cloth couch today w a new one from Bradd and Hall.  This one has a memory foam mattress and cup holders.  

20201004_181901.jpg

20201004_181913.jpg

20201004_181437.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, powersltc said:

Was it difficult to remove old sofa and replace?

I have a 2004 Monaco Executive.   

Not at all.  4 screws held it down. I pulled those and slid it out for working space then started pulling bolts and took it out in pieces.  It was mainly a 1 person job.  I also did the same putting this one in.  Took it apart outside the coach and brought in the pieces and put back together.   Pics of bolt holes help. 

9 hours ago, Military RVer said:

That couch looks amazing! I like the fold out it has. Do you still have the old couch? 

Sorry, its been listed for a couple of months with no interest.  It's been thrown away. 

8 hours ago, Military RVer said:

What are you gunna do with your old couch?

See above.

8 hours ago, Romeo84 said:

Oh shoot!!!? Interested in doing the exact same! How much and where did u get it!? How sofa is in mint condition but just folds down. Wanna get rid of it for 1 like that.

Ordered here:  https://www.braddandhall.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1359

Took about 4 months to get due to Covid. 

9 hours ago, Stingraysteve said:

Curious how much and the length. Thanks Steve

68" wide.  I included the link above. 

8 hours ago, Pampero said:

As many here, I also looking to replace my sofa bed.

With will be no problem, the lenght is because I don't have a slide out on the passenger side and I have a small leather seat.

Can you post more pics showing both sides?

Good job

Thank you.  Would you like pics of both sides of the coach or of the couch?  Can you post a pic of what space you are working with?  Maybe we can help w ideas. 

Is there anyway to get seatbelts up from behind and around the mattress?  I need to add a couple of spots for my daughter and granddaughter to sit.  I've got a sleeper sofa in there now but I can see no way of getting at the seatbelts anchored to the floor once the mattress is stored.

3 hours ago, Steven P said:

Thank you.  Would you like pics of both sides of the coach or of the couch?  Can you post a pic of what space you are working with?  Maybe we can help w ideas. 

couch 🙂 and coach (inside)

I would like to know what you have on the passenger side and how the couch extend to that.

Txs

12 hours ago, Moonwink said:

Is there anyway to get seatbelts up from behind and around the mattress?  I need to add a couple of spots for my daughter and granddaughter to sit.  I've got a sleeper sofa in there now but I can see no way of getting at the seatbelts anchored to the floor once the mattress is stored.

Did you look under the couch on the floor near the wall for seat belts? Our coach has factory installed seat belts that are up under the couch. They must be pulled up thru the area between the mattress and the back cushion of the couch for use. If you open the bed and lift the mattress you should be able to see the floor and if there are any seat belts there.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I know where the seatbelts are.  I put them there after taking out dinette.  I bought the couch at CoLaws in Carthage, Missouri but I'm thinking it came out of a trailer instead of a motorhome.  The bed frame tucks up under the back of the sofa when it stored.  The seatbelts would need to be very long and with all the things they'd need to go around to come out on the cushions, I don't think they'd be very safe in the event of an accident.  

I sent an email to Bradd and Hall and got this reply about their sleeper sofa from Stephanie Casey:

Thank you for your message!  If the seatbelts are mounted to the RV floor then you can pull them up through this sofa.

Please let me know if I can help in any way 😊

Stephanie Casey
Bradd and Hall Inc
28320 Charlotte Ave
Elkhart, IN 46517
1-800-445-1830
1-574-522-7435
1-574-522-4792 fax
http://www.braddandhall.com

Edited by Moonwink

22 minutes ago, RVSSNAKE said:

We replaced both ours couches last spring. Don't mind the seat belts they were holding the front on the slide out drawer till this past weekend when I fixed it.

70in_pic1.jpg

70in_pic2.jpg

72in_pic1.jpg

72in_pic2.jpg

I have the same laid out as our 2000 Windsor, can you send a picture with the sofa bed open? I want to know how it looks and how far it reachs.

Please do it at your convenience

Txs

I will have to get some pics. I don't have any of them laid out.

They are both jack knife versions.

The one behind the drivers seat can be down with the slide in and leave plenty of room to walk through.

Both folded down I believe there is still 13" between to walk through with the slide in.

In fact I was looking at it over the weekend for possibly adding a shallow cabinet and televator behind the one on the passenger side to get the TV out from over my head when driving..

10 hours ago, bklaes said:

Steven, I have the same coach.  I like your window valences.  No vertical pieces and no strings attached.   What replaced the day/night shades?

I removed the vertical pieces to the valances.  They just seemed to block out light and take up room.  It's a pretty easy job to remove them.  The PO replaced the blinds with these except for 2 windows.  I found his receipt and measured and ordered 2 for those.  It took about 3? months to get 2 blinds though.   Here's the link of mine:  https://www.selectblinds.com/rollershades/reminiscent-vinyl-roller-shades.html

And pics of the bedroom before and after. 

20200815_171726.jpg

20200815_174750.jpg

20200815_174806.jpg

• Thanks 1

Your couch looks great, Steven, I need to replace mine too and only have 68" of space, I wanted the air or foam mattress and was seeing prices around $2600 for Flexsteel, and didn't know what to do since they dropped out of the RV market.  Are you happy with the Lambright now that you've had it apart and re-assembled and are using it?

8 hours ago, Neil Loveless said:

Your couch looks great, Steven, I need to replace mine too and only have 68" of space, I wanted the air or foam mattress and was seeing prices around $2600 for Flexsteel, and didn't know what to do since they dropped out of the RV market.  Are you happy with the Lambright now that you've had it apart and re-assembled and are using it?

So far yes, just installed it Sun and haven't really used it yet.  But there is one thing.  I'm 5'7" and my wife is 5'.  We are gonna want ottomans.  This couch sits higher than the last one.  But that's minor to me. 

On 10/5/2020 at 7:03 PM, Pampero said:

couch 🙂 and coach (inside)

I would like to know what you have on the passenger side and how the couch extend to that.

Txs

Pics of what we have w slides in.  I didn't have time to open it all up, but there will be about 12 to 16" of space be the mattress and the J lounge when the mattress is open w both slides open. 

20201007_164728.jpg

20201007_164734.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, Pampero said:

I have the same laid out as our 2000 Windsor, can you send a picture with the sofa bed open? I want to know how it looks and how far it reachs.

Txs

Sorry, completely forgot about this till I was looking back at some posts.

Here is a pic of our couch’s laid down.

On 10/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, Pampero said:

Txs

607E96F5-71B1-41DB-B073-F75AE35B86C1.jpeg

Just now, RVSSNAKE said:

Sorry, completely forgot about this till I was looking back at some posts.

Here is a pic of our couch’s laid down.

607E96F5-71B1-41DB-B073-F75AE35B86C1.jpeg

Slide in BTW.

• Thanks 1