Bedroom soundbar

Steven P

Our bedroom TV has always been hard to hear. Today I installed an Insignia small soundbar under it and it has great sound.  $50 plus an optical cord. Has a remote, Bluetooth, etc...

20210213_133701.jpg

• Like 5

Something I learned the other day.....if you have DirecTV you can program the remote to control the sound bar. One less remote to fiddle with.

I installed a Vizio in the living room next to the TV when I upgraded. The one in the bedroom I stashed in the cabinet above the laundry hamper. However, I'm not happy with that arrangement so I'm looking for an alternative now. I anticipate an eventual issue with the optic cable since the bedroom TV is in a in/out cabinet. I think the movement of the TV will eventually compromise that cable and it's a pain to install. I'm looking for a smaller sound bar with decent sound that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...think BOSE. I want to install it next to the TV so it will move with the TV instead of back and forth. Space is a limitation and I would prefer it to look like a factory install. They are a big improvement. The search continues.........Dennis

18 hours ago, Dennis H said:

Something I learned the other day.....if you have DirecTV you can program the remote to control the sound bar. One less remote to fiddle with.

I installed a Vizio in the living room next to the TV when I upgraded. The one in the bedroom I stashed in the cabinet above the laundry hamper. However, I'm not happy with that arrangement so I'm looking for an alternative now. I anticipate an eventual issue with the optic cable since the bedroom TV is in a in/out cabinet. I think the movement of the TV will eventually compromise that cable and it's a pain to install. I'm looking for a smaller sound bar with decent sound that doesn't cost an arm and a leg...think BOSE. I want to install it next to the TV so it will move with the TV instead of back and forth. Space is a limitation and I would prefer it to look like a factory install. They are a big improvement. The search continues.........Dennis

Good thinking.  I bet the Dish remote will control the soundbar too. 

I certainly like Bose sound and would've loved that for the soundbar.  I went w Insignia for a few reasons: 1)small and lightweight.  2 screws hold it up and it is in there pretty tight. 2)cost $50-- I'm working FT so we are not able to use it a bunch,  especially this year, so spending a lot didn't make a whole lot of sense in my situation (and I like bells and whistles:)  3) lots of great reviews on Best Buy's website.  

I debated bw this one and the next expensive one which was like $70.  The only reason I chose this one was the smaller size, less weight.  

For what it's worth, I used the optical cord, but it has RCA inputs if preferred for movement.  

Good luck!

Yes, DishTV remotes (at least the newer ones) are also able to control more than just the tv. 

I was able to program one remote to do that, but don't remember how I did it so's I can program the other one too  🤔 .   Wife said to "read the manual" (did she forget I'm a guy, and 'guys don't read manuals'?)

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, Dennis H said:

That was the only disappointment I had with the Vizio soundbar I installed. Couldn't be operated with Samsung TV remote.  

On 2/15/2021 at 6:59 AM, RustyTools said:

Yes, DishTV remotes (at least the newer ones) are also able to control more than just the tv. 

I was able to program one remote to do that, but don't remember how I did it so's I can program the other one too  🤔 .   Wife said to "read the manual" (did she forget I'm a guy, and 'guys don't read manuals'?)

(For a Hopper) use the Dish remote and press menu, scroll to get to settings, then  Enter in the code for the auxiliary device and also set volume and mute buttons to be controlled by Auxiliary device.  Or perhaps you can bluetooth the audio.  I don't have a sound bar but use the Sony surround sound system this way.  I only have experience with the Dish Hooper in the coach so don't know about Wally or other Dish receivers.

3 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

New goal: At least once in this lifetime, I’m going to buy the TV and sound bar from the same company so everything works seamlessly...  😂

I have a Boston Acoustic's soundbar in the house, and have a feeling their never going to start making TV's.

Luckily it's been very easy to pair with any remote I have tried!

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 7:38 AM, Steven P said:

I'm working FT .........................

I would like to debate this statement with you during our next phone conversation. Never seen a small animal Veterinarian work full time let alone work hard. You seem to find the time to use your coach long enough to steal my scallop dinners. Obviously you had an accomplice in that event.......... that other slacker......Scotty Hutto. I foresee a free Vet office call in the future for my 2 German Shepherds. 🙂

• Haha 1