Awning, Slide Toppers and Outside window Fabric Replacement

Ron P.

2004 Monaco Executive. 

Does anyone have experience with changing out or replacing the fabric on their Monaco?  I'd like to change all at the same time with the same color.   Some are beginning to show wear and could fall apart at any time. 

Parts numbers or vendors that you have used would be helpful. 

I am getting estimates from a company called Tough Top today but their product is vinyl. 

Any ideas/suggestions on fabric replacement?

Screenshot_20210408-081504_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210408-081445_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210408-081414_Chrome.jpg

I don't know where you are located but Stacy Coates from AZ RV Awnings R Us 480-414-2444 has replaced all our awnings on our 2004 Executive.  They are Carefree and we had to replace the cases over the slide outs since the originals are no longer made.  It has been several years (2013) since he did that so I don't remember the exact reason we had to replace the covers too.  Just a month ago he replaced the slide toppers as the stitching came out.  We ordered gortex thread this time for the new toppers since we are in AZ and get lots of sun.  We like the fact that he comes to us and we don't have to move. (we are fulltimers)  He did the measurements first, then ordered the fabric and when it came in he installed them all.

Larry & Ellen Clark

2004 Monaco Executive SBW

P1000776.JPG

Stacy putting on new awnings.JPG

I posted when I didn't want to just yet!  We had a bad wind storm that tore out our slide toppers so our insurance covered the replacement.

• Like 1

Frankly I would not trust anyone except for Stone Vos Inc and Talin RV to make and install any and all slide toppers, window and patio awnings.

They have the BEST fabric and vinyl and use the best thread that will never rot from UV exposure. They also do double stitching which you won't get anywhere else.

Their warranty and customer service is by far light years ahead of the competition. Trust me, you won't be disappointed of the quality and service you will receive from Stone Vos, Inc and Talin RV.

Stone Vos makes the awnings and toppers and their sister company Talin RV does the install.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nope! Come to Florida from a break in the winter weather. That's where you will find Stone Vos and Talin RV.

If the trip is impossible, Stone Vos can ship the fabric to you and either you can install or they will recommend a place to take it that they trust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been in the awning/fabric business for over 15 years and my best advice when considering replacing awning or slide topper fabric is to shop based on warranty. The shorter the warranty, the shorter the life of the thread and fabric. All fabric replacement companies base their warranties on how long the life expectancy is of their product. They have to otherwise they would go bankrupt handling warranty claims.

Sadly many of the fabric replacement companies focus on profit versus quality and this shows up in their warranty terms. Some of the warranty terms are pro-rated too. I have seen a big influx of Chinese Sunbrella and thread used by aftermarket companies and one large aftermarket company not only uses chinese fabric and thread but all of its sewing is done in Mexico and then the orders are processed back in the USA.

Like so many other products you get what you pay for. Replacing fabric on slide toppers and awnings is a big investment in time and money so you want to buy the very best fabric replacements you can with the strongest warranty. Stone Vos imports their fabric from Germany and it is the highest quality fabric in the world and then sews it with lifetime Solarfix thread. The warranty is 10 years on fabric and lifetime on thread and is NOT prorated. With over 30,000 awning fabric replacements sewn over the last 15 years the failure rate and warranty claim rate for Stone Vos is 0.03 %. 

Pinching pennies on fabric replacements will end up costing you. Ask Dr4film about his previous awning fabric replacements. They fell apart after a couple short years.  😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I replaced my slide, main and door awnings with Stone Vos products 5 or 6 years ago and they all still look like new.  I have recommended Mr. Throgmartin and his company to many RVers over the past 15 years and have not had a single complaint.

Ron, I have both ToughTop and Stone Vos on my coach and can't say enough good about Stone Vos awning and topper material. Tough Top is a fine company and they do what they say they will do and provide an excellent warranty and price, but my experience with vinyl awnings is, they roll up looser creating a bigger roll, they stretch in places you don't want, and they misbehave when the weather cools down. Your mileage may vary.

Jamie J.

• Thanks 1

Replaced all my toppers myself. Ordered from Stone Vos. Plus they instructed me on how to put more tension on the springs if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1