Geckotec Systems Monitoring Panel

Bill Hines

In that case, I would suggest you replace the panel with a SeeLevel System which you can use some of the same wires. No need to run new wires. You would also need to install new sensors on the outside of the fresh water, grey water and black water tanks.

SeeLevel is a far better and more accurate tank level system.

I recently replaced a similar panel with the SeeLevel system and I am still kicking myself for not doing it years ago as Bruce Crocker implored me. As I said mine was similar and I did need to surgically remove the existing panel from the large panel that it was mounted in ( similar to yours) using a Dremel cutoff wheel. That took me the longest (about 15 minutes). Existing wiring system was used. The whole system just works great reporting percentage of liquids in the tank. The sensors mounted very easily and quickly to the outside of the tanks. My new sensors did have a bit of exposure to possible road dirt so I followed the suggestion to coat the sensors with spray undercoating ($4.00). 

I was very happy with the install and the operation so I went ahead and ordered and installed a 2nd panel in the wet bay to make it easy to check tank progress from outside. I am actually contemplating installing a 3rd panel in my bathroom because adding the remote panels is super easy once you have your main wiring complete. The remote panels are not wireless so you do need to have an easy way to pull the extra wires. I used standard bell wire. 

Amazon = https://www.amazon.com/LEVEL-709P31003-Tank-Monitoring-System/dp/B01N6B5ORH/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=garnet+seelevel&qid=1620137939&sr=8-1

I hope this helps.

Ken

gaugesBefore.jpg

gaugesInstalled.jpg

gaugesWetBayBefore.jpg

gaugesWetBayAfter.jpg

Bill, For what it's worth I replaced the poorly performing original gauges with same system as Ken showed pic's of in his Executive .I have had them for probably 10 years;I could not be happier.You'll be very pleased with the quality and performance of these'I also put one in wet bay also,comes in very handy when you want to just check levels and don't have to enter coach to see levels. With out a doubt some of the best money I have spent on this coach...wish I had them for my previous two RV's! Never any more surprises when you need to use the facilities just to be reminded you have to go out and dump a particular tank first.Let alone the freedom it gives you if you dry-camp and have to depend on those never accurate original gauges,ya don't jump from 1/3rd full to 3/4 with one flush! Give yourself an early fathers day present and order the one for the Wet-Bay also...you will never regret the addittional convience it affords you(best hundred bucks you'll spend for yourself) I love these gauges could not imagine traveling without them. 

Hope this helps,enjoy&safe travels!

Bruce Crocker

2004 Diplomat 40'PDQ

Bill'I neglected to mention my gauuge also has a pump switch and propane also,again with excellent accuracy for propane.Cheap way of updating these two functions if interested. 

Bruce Crocker

2004 Diplomat 40'PDQ

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:30 PM, SkyKingII said:

Bill, For what it's worth I replaced the poorly performing original gauges with same system as Ken showed pic's of in his Executive

Bruce Crocker

2004 Diplomat 40'PDQ

Bruce,

I believe my 2006 Dip has the same tank setup as your 2004. Where did you mount the sensors, and did you use the original wiring, or run your own?

I have my gauges in hand and will be installing them in the next couple of weeks, and planning for that…

Thanks,

Scotty