My Next New Motor Coach AFTER I Win the Lottery!

3 minutes ago, Romeo84 said:

Lol lotteries.... amazing

Don’t play, waiting for my folks to get the numbers LOL. 

Just now, tomevansfl said:

Newell is my favorite motor coach. I think you get so much more for your $2.3 million than with one of the conversions. 

😂😂😂

• Haha 1

This Coach was showcased-back in January and was supposed to be on display at the Tampa Super Show. It did not make the show because of some Technical Difficulties. Newell does make a very fine coach.

After watching the Video and comparing all the amenities that were presented I thought I was watching a Video of my Foretravel. Foretravel has all these systems Integrated into the ih-45 and some in the Realm. The Quality of a Foretravel is superb and the Foretravel Factory Support is excellent. We looked at the Newell prior to purchasing our ih-45 and I just could not see where in the Newell Justification for an additional million bucks. After four years of owning our ih-45 we know we made the right choice. We have put over Forty Thousand miles on our coach with very few issues and all were minor or operator Error. The ih-45,like a Newell and a Prevost Conversion require a whole new learning curve to operate and be familiar with all the technology that these coaches have. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, David Pratt said:

This Coach was showcased-back in January and was supposed to be on display at the Tampa Super Show. It did not make the show because of some Technical Difficulties. Newell does make a very fine coach.

After watching the Video and comparing all the amenities that were presented I thought I was watching a Video of my Foretravel. Foretravel has all these systems Integrated into the ih-45 and some in the Realm. The Quality of a Foretravel is superb and the Foretravel Factory Support is excellent. We looked at the Newell prior to purchasing our ih-45 and I just could not see where in the Newell Justification for an additional million bucks. After four years of owning our ih-45 we know we made the right choice. We have put over Forty Thousand miles on our coach with very few issues and all were minor or operator Error. The ih-45,like a Newell and a Prevost Conversion require a whole new learning curve to operate and be familiar with all the technology that these coaches have. 

You have a very beautiful Coach. I’m in no way shape or form in the market for one. Can you tell me differences in construction? I look at what top to bottom of products and how stuff is made. We bought the new 5th wheel, and it’s night and day from our old one, fit/finish/construction.

A very good choice Richard, I would do the same. Been watching the Newell web site for years and still dreaming...

Dave Elsner

6 hours ago, JDCrow said:

You have a very beautiful Coach. I’m in no way shape or form in the market for one. Can you tell me differences in construction? I look at what top to bottom of products and how stuff is made. We bought the new 5th wheel, and it’s night and day from our old one, fit/finish/construction.

The Foretravel ih-45 is built from the ground up. it has an all steel welded house structure that is welded to the chassis. IFS front suspension and all the air bags are mounted outboard in line with the tires. The roof is a welded steel truss design.

• Like 1

Just now, David Pratt said:

The Foretravel ih-45 is built from the ground up. it has an all steel welded house structure that is welded to the chassis. IFS front suspension and all the air bags are mounted outboard in line with the tires. The roof is a welded steel truss design.

Awesome, so not like converted coach, more like a country coach till they went away from a “chassis” Thanks for the insight! 

50 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

I wouldn’t want anyone to know I’d won a big lottery so I’d keep what I have. Not really a issue as my odds of winning are only slightly lower since I do not buy any tickets.

I guess the mistake most people make is signing the back of the ticket, which is encouraged as it proves the ticket is yours. I’ve read that your first call should be to a lawyer and set up a trust, then sign as a trustee. Not sure if that keeps your name out of the mix or not, but I guess it’s a start. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, David Pratt said:

Andrew must have been listening 

• Haha 1

Andrew is a leach. He latches onto some of the high end consignment dealers that have questionable sales tactics. Andrew has little knowledge of motorhomes. I have seen him flog coaches  that were dogs. Some of the frequent posters in this forum could do a much better job without prostituting their reputation. You tube is full of way too many self proclaimed  experts.

40 minutes ago, birdshill123 said:

Andrew is a leach. He latches onto some of the high end consignment dealers that have questionable sales tactics. Andrew has little knowledge of motorhomes. I have seen him flog coaches  that were dogs. Some of the frequent posters in this forum could do a much better job without prostituting their reputation. You tube is full of way too many self proclaimed  experts.

I don’t focus on Andrew, I focus on the coach. I wouldn’t base any any decision based on his info, let alone a $200K+ decision. And I’m not shaking my booty on corner for anyone 😂😂😂

Edited by JDCrow
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, David Pratt said:

I would much rather have a steel superstructure than a aluminum one! Good choice, Dave!

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

I would much rather have a steel superstructure than a aluminum one! Good choice, Dave!

Yeah I agree. The one thing I didn’t know was Newell and Aluminum super structure. I thought is was great they use Aluminum for their exterior walls. I guess that’s one way to avoid delamination. At these prices though I’d think you can afford to have whatever fixed 

It is great that Foretravel was sold and remains in business. I am told they have an amazing service dept.  Although Prevost's do tend ro be complicated Prevost does have many service centre's. Of course that is for the chassis. My fave is the Marathon. I have been to the factory twice and it is impressive.  They have 2 or maybe 3 locations. There are a number of dealers for various Prevost convertors that can do all kinds of service work including complete new interiors. But costly.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:44 AM, David Pratt said:

Yes, Foretravel makes a nice coach, no denying it. However, I like Newell because it is the only coach with active steering tag. It also has active suspension. Supposedly the two make for a fine driving coach. 

19 hours ago, tomevansfl said:

Yes, Foretravel makes a nice coach, no denying it. However, I like Newell because it is the only coach with active steering tag. It also has active suspension. Supposedly the two make for a fine driving coach. 

Foretravel introduced the ih-45 in 2012, The coach is a custom built coach. When you spec'd out the coach to be built you had a choice of either a lifting tag axle or a steerable tag axle. All the ih-45 coaches are built with the HWH Active AIr Suspension system and IFS. The HWH Active Air System is quite the system and make driving the coach a very comfortable amazing driving experience. Foretravel discontinued the lifting tag axle in 2018 and now only the steerable tag axle is available.

The REALM that is built on the new SPARTAN GT Chassis has the steerable tag and active air system. The Entegra Cornerstone and the NEWMAR Essex and King air that are built on the SPARTAN GT chassis also have the Steerable Tag axle and active air system.