Air Intake Drain Hose I Assume

While having the rear engine access door lifted on my O2 Windsor looking for the source of some water dripping. I noticed it was coming from a very small duckbill attached to a half inch garden style hose. I’m assuming that that is a drain for the air intake Plenum at the rear of the coach for this year model Windsor? The duckbill was clogged with dirt and debris I pulled it off the hose was clogged probably a good inch and a half to 2 inches up inside the hose, once cleared it completely drained out and cleared the hose of water. I’m on a trip returning from the Smoky Mountains. I drove a good day in a moderate rainfall on the first leg of the trip. So my question is is that what that hose runs up to is my assumption correct? From the looks of the debris it seems possible it’s never been cleared. Seems like a good way for the motor to ingest some water if this isn’t kept clear or at least get the filter wet. When my new filter finally arrives if it ever does I’ll be able to inspect the existing filter.

FBA6273A-1CBF-4A61-AD66-BBC1A41CD715.jpeg

9535259B-415A-4F06-A247-8E0E38610C63.jpeg

Edited by tmw188
Content

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Nope, wrong. That is your bedroom AC condensate drain line.

AFAIK there isn't any Air Intake drain that I have found any where.

No that condensate drain is on the left side and runs down much lower to the ground. This one is on the right side just inside the rear access door about head high. Look close you can see the drip on the left hose. A/C condensate drips on the left side. 

37BB9B33-B92C-4DC9-A4F0-75452D0F2BBD.jpeg

4BAD87CF-9507-4DA5-9DA3-4B7F94BD8CC0.jpeg

Edited by tmw188

I am getting my coach ready for departure in two weeks. The engine hatch hasn't been opened up since arriving here in early May. I will have to look around closer on the right side to see if I can find anything that is similar to what you have. I've owned this coach for almost 18 years and the only water drips I have seen at the rear have been from the AC condensate on the left side.

14 minutes ago, Trinidaddave said:

Without the duckbill it would be clogged up with mud dauber’s and any other critter that makes its way to the tube

Makes sense I get that, I guess it’s more prone to mud daubers in its location compared to a hose much lower. I didn’t point my camera up there to see were it goes with more certainty yet but should have. 

On 9/29/2021 at 6:25 PM, Dr4Film said:

I am getting my coach ready for departure in two weeks. The engine hatch hasn't been opened up since arriving here in early May. I will have to look around closer on the right side to see if I can find anything that is similar to what you have. I've owned this coach for almost 18 years and the only water drips I have seen at the rear have been from the AC condensate on the left side.

Wait... what?   The roof A/C's have drain hoses?  Both mine seem to run across into the roof gutter.   That's not normal? 

Guest Ray Davis
35 minutes ago, Steve P said:

Wait... what?   The roof A/C's have drain hoses?  Both mine seem to run across into the roof gutter.   That's not normal? 

Yeah, it's normal on Knight coaches,  drains across the roof.   I think it's that way on Diplomats and below.

50 minutes ago, Steve P said:

Many air conditioners drain into a small pan, then the drain hose is routed to the rear o bedroom unit and near the front of the coach for your front unit.  Your drain pans may be plugged if it runs across the roof.

Todd,

I spent part of yesterday getting the coach ready to travel back to our winter home in Florida. I looked extensively in the right side of the engine compartment for any air intake drain hose. None, nada, nothing no where. So it seems that the Monaco installation techs decided to install one in your 2002 Windsor but not in mine supporting why these are called "snowflakes" where no two are exactly the same.

Hence the reason why many older long term members here that post frequently like myself require and ask for as much specific information in regards to each members coach and specific problem they are having PRIOR to attempting to help resolve the problem. Otherwise everyone is just burning up cyberspace trying to get to the ACTUAL information needed to help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Todd,

I spent part of yesterday getting the coach ready to travel back to our winter home in Florida. I looked extensively in the right side of the engine compartment for any air intake drain hose. None, nada, nothing no where. So it seems that the Monaco installation techs decided to install one in your 2002 Windsor but not in mine supporting why these are called "snowflakes" where no two are exactly the same.

Hence the reason why many older long term members here that post frequently like myself require and ask for as much specific information in regards to each members coach and specific problem they are having PRIOR to attempting to help resolve the problem. Otherwise everyone is just burning up cyberspace trying to get to the ACTUAL information needed to help.

I’m only assuming that is where the hose is coming from being I know where my condensate comes from. I’ll investigate a little more when I get back from Sevierville. Thanks for looking. 

Guest Ray Davis

Morning Todd,

Those many, many holes across the top, is that the air intake?   My 03 Windsor looks a lot like yours but without the holes.  My air intake is a square grill high in the rear pass side.

I think Richard's 02 Windsor is like mine, and as far as I know I don't have a drain hose on mine either.  Actually I can't recall ever seeing a Windsor with the holes up there.   It looks good, but I could see a problem when washing the coach,  a stream of rinse water up that way and you could get lots of water in there.                    Maybe that's why you have that drain hose.  It's pretty easy to rinse around my intake grill.

Here's your picture showing the holes.    Let us know if the filter has been wet,  with the drain stopped up it just might have been.  

9 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Morning Todd,

Those many, many holes across the top, is that the air intake?   My 03 Windsor looks a lot like yours but without the holes.  My air intake is a square grill high in the rear pass side.

I think Richard's 02 Windsor is like mine, and as far as I know I don't have a drain hose on mine either.  Actually I can't recall ever seeing a Windsor with the holes up there.   It looks good, but I could see a problem when washing the coach,  a stream of rinse water up that way and you could get lots of water in there.                    Maybe that's why you have that drain hose.  It's pretty easy to rinse around my intake grill.

Here's your picture showing the holes.    Let us know if the filter has been wet,  with the drain stopped up it just might have been.  

Yep, I’m very careful washing and especially rinsing around that area. 

On 10/1/2021 at 10:29 AM, Ray Davis said:

Ray,

My coach air intake looks exactly like the one in the photo above. Never had any problems with excess moisture and I always use a power washing wand to clean the coach. No drain line that I can find!

Snowflakes for sure.

Replaced the air filter last April as my Filter Minder was indicating that it needed to be changed. Inside of air filter dry as a bone.

• Like 1

Waiting for my new filter again. Waited 10 weeks with unfulfilled delivery times with FinditParts.com  they along with Donaldson themselves are now saying January. No one locally has it either. Ordered a Luber Finer on AMZ we will see how this goes. As for as that hose goes still not 100% sure, it disappears just above that photo thru the floor. I may need to pull the panel off in the closet to see behind the washer. There is no safety pan under the washer so I know it’s not that. 

I ordered the same filter from finditparts and got tired of waiting. They were very prompt at answering my calls and emails on what’s taking so long. The last reply said it wouldn’t be till Jan. and apologized and refunded my money.  As I said even Donaldson themselves told me the same thing yesterday.  My original order was placed mid Aug. I ordered a Luber Finer yesterday on AMZ.

Last filter I ordered was a Baldwin 

Baldwin PA2722 from Filterbarn for $138 delivered, they are now out of business.

One thing I did check on was to make sure the filter had wire mesh on both sides of the filter media.  Last year there was someone on IRV2 that had installed a filter that basically failed, the filter media came apart.  Fortunately the mesh on output side of the filter stopped it from getting into the engine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Last filter I ordered was a Baldwin 

Baldwin PA2722 from Filterbarn for $138 delivered, they are now out of business.

One thing I did check on was to make sure the filter had wire mesh on both sides of the filter media.  Last year there was someone on IRV2 that had installed a filter that basically failed, the filter media came apart.  Fortunately the mesh on output side of the filter stopped it from getting into the engine. 

But when did you purchase, the problem is supply.

2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Mine has a drain hose for the air intake box. Runs down the corner of the cap, road side.

Eureka! Mine is curbside. Haven’t verified that’s what it is but it’s the only real logical possibility.