WaterTank Full - No water in coach

powersltc

Ron P.  2004 Monaco Executive 

Hello.

Picked up my RV from the shop on Thursday after having a refrigerator installed.   I had it dewinterized.

Today, I am prepping for a trip to leave in the morning. 

I cannot get water to flow.  Fresh water tank is full. The green light comes on for the water but the water pump is not cycling or pumping.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

So, the light for the pump is on but you do not hear the pump running?

Next would be to check the fuse for the pump.

If that's good, check with a voltmeter that you have power and ground to the pump.

If that's good, give the pump a rap with a chunk of wood...possibly the bearings are semi-seized.

If it runs then, or doesn't run then, time for a pump or pump rebuild.

You should also check the Intellitec Water Pump 10 Amp Latching Relay to make sure that it is working.

If you are getting 12 VDC to the motor than it is most likely the motor and not the relay. Although there are fuses in the water pump bay plus another relay that actually sends the 12 VDC amps to the motor. Any one of those could be the culprit.

Second photo shows the fuses, latching controller relay and in the very lower right-hand corner you can just see the corner of the high amp relay. This is all mounted on my water pump bay wall. There is also an inline fuse just before the motor itself.

You have to get your DVOM and start tracing the power to see where it stops.

Water Pump Intellitec 10 Amp Controller.jpg

Water Pump Intellitec Latching Controller.JPG

• Thanks 1

Ron.   I have had that problem several times.  The two wires going into the pump need to be wiggled and maybe a shot of electric contact cleaner.  Often this just takes a couple of seconds.  My original pump the cheap male electric connections just corroded off.  Replaced the pump but kept the old one and wired it direct.

Ron P,

On our 2005 Exec, there are a couple of in-line quarter-turn ball valves right near the water pump. Is it possible that during dewinterization or installation of the refrigerator ice maker line someone turned off one of those valves and forgot to open it? Another thought is did someone turn off the Maniblok valves?

One simple way to verify the pump is powered and operational is to slightly loosen the fitting on the pump output side. If water flows, the pump works. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, powersltc said:

Simple solution,  but if you don't know,  you don't know. 

The negative connections were not connected.   Why the shop separated them,  I don't know. 

Thanks. 

Thanks for letting us know, Ron. Since it just came out of the shop for dewinterization I suspected it was something they did. I'm not a big believer in coincidences....