Need fuel filter for 95-97 Dynasty

I know this has been asked but thought I’d just check
Has anyone found a compatable fuel filter that fits the old Wynn system used by Monaco
Current filter is a Racor S3230P which allows the original lower water separator and switch to be used.
While I found a Donaldson replacement it will not take the original lower bowl and water switch.
Thank you

Most of the major filter mfg web sites have a cross reference ability. I have found other brand filters for the Racor Primary that has the clear bowl and water sensor. Don't have access to the actual number right now. Sorry

I have not bought any in over a year as I usually buy several when I order them, but I've not had a problem getting them.  My difficulty was the 300200 pre filter, which from time to time seems to be on back order.  Again... I bought 5-6 of those last time.

Go to NAPA. They matched mine to one of their brand. I just picked one up yesterday. Pricey at $65. My Racor number is different than yours, but they will be able to cross reference it. 

I believe Fleetguard “FS19592” is a direct replacement for this filter.   Although, as others have mentioned you should be able to cross to several other manufacturers at the parts store.   I currently use a Baldwin filter for this water separator filter, and get along fine.

Thanks the very quick replies

i should have added that we are in Canada. 

Jim Bob can you say where you found the pre filter?

i thought those were long gone!

certainly would be nice to find some as well.

im going to try the Napa store as they are up here in Canada as well.

so far the Donaldson was all my regular Lordco supplier could cross to but it’s not able to take the lower bowl for sure.

thanks all

Great source of info on this site that’s for certain.

cheers

te

2 hours ago, Greg Carter said:
I know this has been asked but thought I’d just check
Has anyone found a compatible fuel filter that fits the old Wynn system used by Monaco
Current filter is a Racor S3230P which allows the original lower water separator and switch to be used.
While I found a Donaldson replacement it will not take the original lower bowl and water switch.
Thank you

Are you sure about the Racor # you posted - S3230P?

My Windsor with the ISC-350 used the Racor S3201T which has the lower collection bowl.

Those are available on eBay and Dieselfiltersonline.com

racor s3201t: Search Result | eBay

[S3201T]Parker Racor ELEMENT- REPLACEMENT B32001T (dieselfiltersonline.com)

If your Racor # is correct, then they are available on eBay.

racor s3230p: Search Result | eBay

Starting to think that these filters are more readily available than I was told and that in some cases the different part numbers have a connection to the filters micron size so that 3201 seems to state 10 microns and the 3230 shows 30 microns.

will see what I can come up with here in Canada.

thks all.

cheers

I am picky when it comes to filters. There are some filter brands that I refuse to use. That's why I ALWAYS supply the filters to the shop that is doing my yearly service. I give them the spares that I have been carrying with me for emergencies and place the newest ones back into my filter storage compartment.

I treat my engines with care as I know they are VERY expensive to repair or replace.

On the Windsor I always used the Parker Racor Primary and a Fleetguard Secondary.

The Dynasty will be needing service once I get back to Florida for the winter. I will be purchasing filters for it this summer while in New Hampshire, so I will have them ready to go when needed.

Edited by Dr4Film

Once you compare all the specs, Donaldson filters are about the best on the market, I would rate Fleetguard second but more expensive. The difficult part is finding certain filters, not all are porduced by the major mfgs. A web site called "Bob is the oil guy" has a load of info on oils and filters. He knows what he's talking about. It's worth a visit if you're concerned about these things. 

Don thanks for that as well. I have a Donaldson to put on but I’ll loose the original lower water cup sensor and water purge system. Least I’m not stuck without. While I didn’t cut the racor open to inspect it it certainly drained out very clean so I guess one could reuse it for a while if it sealed back up ok.

cheers

On 7/8/2022 at 1:00 PM, Greg Carter said:

Thanks the very quick replies

i should have added that we are in Canada. 

Jim Bob can you say where you found the pre filter?

i thought those were long gone!

certainly would be nice to find some as well.

im going to try the Napa store as they are up here in Canada as well.

so far the Donaldson was all my regular Lordco supplier could cross to but it’s not able to take the lower bowl for sure.

thanks all

Great source of info on this site that’s for certain.

cheers

te

You're better off to go to a Traction if you have one near by. They are Napa's truck division and should be a little cheaper.