Soft start

1 minute ago, Donflem said:

Has anyone tried the soft start units? My rear ac is acting up so I thought I would give them a try. 
Thanks for any suggestions.

Put the words SOFT START in the search box in the upper right corner.  Don’t mess with any of the parameters.  There are 2 pages of posts and several discuss the Soft Start issues.

Good Luck….

We decided to replace one of our A/C heat pump units. We have two - each has its own thermostat. 

we replaced the rear one with a Rec-Pro 3800.  It was not an easy replacement because of the a/c ducting in the roof that we wanted to continue to use. And the bolts are in different places. 

I have it connected to the inverter breaker panel - so I can run it off the inverter (Multiplus 3000) -  it does run with no problems because it has a built in soft start. But it does use a large amount of power - 

I've been looking at this...  https://www.rv-partsplus.com/Accessories - called the Easy Start. I've talked with Rob Lowe - makes sense. I did not take the plunge just yet.

I had soft start installed on both my units. I love them. It does make a difference when they kick on and I can use both with 30 amp if I have to

2 hours ago, Tim-AZ said:

I have one on each of my A/Cs and love them. You do have to train them per the instructions or they can be a pain.

Training? 

I have 2 SoftStarts that seem to be working fine.  I bought them so I could run AC from a 20A circuit.

- bob

1 minute ago, cbr046 said:

Training? 

I have 2 SoftStarts that seem to be working fine.  I bought them so I could run AC from a 20A circuit.

- bob

Part of the setup after you install them. Start and stop the A/C units 5 times for the soft start to learn the load your A/C requires.

Tim

• Like 1

I had one in an AC on wheels in my shop. I used it when the compressor started to have troubles starting and was kicking a shop breaker while the man-cave AC and one of my 240V air compressors were running. Now that I replaced the AC compressor, I don't need it there and it will go into our center roof unit so it can start while the front or rear is running on 30 amps. It's got a simple pin plug to reset and re-learn. $275 total from a marine shop in Florida. Many of the usual sources were backordered recently. 

To: Ivan K

What is the name of  "Marine Shop" you mentioned?

Thanks. Always looking to save a buck!

39 minutes ago, Ron Jones said:

To: Ivan K

What is the name of  "Marine Shop" you mentioned?

Thanks. Always looking to save a buck!

Ron, this is where I got mine not long ago https://wateryachtsolutions.com/

I see it is $279 now but no T and 2 days free shipping to TX. They had it in stock, unlike other place that let me buy it and a few days later tell me that I am on a wait list.

Edited by Ivan K