Jump to content

Where do you get your Aqua-Hot Service Parts?


Recommended Posts

Want to do an annual service on my 600D Aqua-Hot before we take off in the fall.  Any recommendations on the best place to get parts?

I see Aqua-Hot sells kits direct, seem a little pricy, worth it? 

There's a few others that pop up on an internet search, not always the best options. 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

None of the usual maintenance parts are AH specific for my unit. Filter I got even at O'Reillys when on the road and nozzles I got from Amazon and ebay, oem Webasto/Danfoss 60° and change them when it is needed. The nozzles can even be taken apart and cleaned for spares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can get the nozzles from any furnace/boiler service or supply source. Just need to match the flow rate.

Aquahot doesn't make anything that is readily available from other sources, they just buy what they need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was surprised to read that anyone was using the Danfoss nozzles that are sold on Amazon or walmart.com. 
I bought two from Amazon that smoked really bad. After a Aqua Hot dealer replace a 1000 dollars worth of parts.I took it to a Webasto dealer. He changed the nozzle and it has work great for 10 months now. We called the USA rep for Danfoss told him a bought the nozzles from Amazon for 7.25. He almost had a stroke laughing so hard. He stated that they are counterfeit made somewhere in Algeria. He also stated Webasto and Aqua Hot pay 3 times that much even when the order 4000 at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, LakeBob said:

Want to do an annual service on my 600D Aqua-Hot before we take off in the fall.  Any recommendations on the best place to get parts?

I see Aqua-Hot sells kits direct, seem a little pricy, worth it? 

There's a few others that pop up on an internet search, not always the best options. 

Thanks!

I got mine from Heat My RV. Very helpful 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Thx for the heads up on the Danfoss nozzles, will avoid those.

No matter where you buy from, you'll most likely get a Danfoss nozzle. Nothing wrong with that if the seller buys from a legitimate supplier (which you don't know) and I did not have a single problem. Nozzles can last a long time with regular use and I change them when it starts smoking which may take several years, just like any oil heaters if you don't let their little screw on filter to dry out and plug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a Wabesto dealer on eBay. They have worked on ours a few times. I saw morning he sale a Garber filter and nozzle for 48 bucks with free priority shipping. Lengineering is his user. Name

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried to buy parts from Roger back in February, he was my go to guy. But he was out of everything. He only has a few items listed now. He appears to be retiring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 12:12 AM, radioman said:

I was surprised to read that anyone was using the Danfoss nozzles that are sold on Amazon or walmart.com. 
I bought two from Amazon that smoked really bad. After a Aqua Hot dealer replace a 1000 dollars worth of parts.I took it to a Webasto dealer. He changed the nozzle and it has work great for 10 months now. We called the USA rep for Danfoss told him a bought the nozzles from Amazon for 7.25. He almost had a stroke laughing so hard. He stated that they are counterfeit made somewhere in Algeria. He also stated Webasto and Aqua Hot pay 3 times that much even when the order 4000 at a time.

I bought my Danfoss nozzle on Amazon for about $8.  Have not had any problems with it.  Unbelievable that you paid an Aquahot dealer$1K in parts, no mention of the labor cost, and they didn’t really fix it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I probably shouldn’t have worded that post different. The Aqua hot guy mentioned 3 times he thought it was the nozzle and I kept telling him that I put two new ones in. So I take the blame for all the parts.  I’m glad your Amazon nozzle worked. I wander what the percentage of that do. I noticed today the 7 buck Amazon guy is now selling them for 2 dollars. It seems to me the brass alone would cost more then that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to agree with that, they aren't hard to troubleshoot (or service for that matter)  with the service manual, some basic hand tools, an inexpensive meter and fuel guage. Service manual is available online. Most issues are fuel related from lack of use. I only run mine 2-3 times a year just for PM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I run mine whether I need it or not. Berke and Carillo are the 2 best. Last thing I got for it was the control board, fixed it up. It was heavily corroded I guess from salt air. It's worked perfectly ever since, Carillo had the best price, Roger was about $50 higher on it. But, Roger's forums are the best even with the cost to get in,, imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 12:12 AM, radioman said:

I was surprised to read that anyone was using the Danfoss nozzles that are sold on Amazon or walmart.com. 
I bought two from Amazon that smoked really bad. After a Aqua Hot dealer replace a 1000 dollars worth of parts.I took it to a Webasto dealer. He changed the nozzle and it has work great for 10 months now. We called the USA rep for Danfoss told him a bought the nozzles from Amazon for 7.25. He almost had a stroke laughing so hard. He stated that they are counterfeit made somewhere in Algeria. He also stated Webasto and Aqua Hot pay 3 times that much even when the order 4000 at a time.

Counterfeits are real serious problem for famous company’s now of days. It has hit all industries. Airline, drug, heavy equipment automotive and the list goes on. It even effects the price of the real parts, because company’s spent billions on the initial leg work tracking the counterfeits down before the case is turned over to law enforcement. Then little can be done if they come from third world countries. Speaking of nozzles the US Navy a few years back ended of with over a thousand of them. The Air Force, Navy and major Airlines got hold of counterfeit bolts that hold the jet engines on. I try to avoid any product with a price too good too be true( 30% or more lower then any other seller.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Below is a array of Parts and Service providers for AQ and HYdrohot i have aquired over the years.

Aqua Hot Parts and Service.
 
John Carrillo Aqua-Hot Parts - https://heatmyrv.com/
 http://www.lloydsrvheating.com/
Call Rudy 713-818-3234. 8am-8pm central time. 
Rodney Leach at Mobile RV Service. (817-320-3012)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

Below is a array of Parts and Service providers for AQ and HYdrohot i have aquired over the years.

Aqua Hot Parts and Service.
 
John Carrillo Aqua-Hot Parts - https://heatmyrv.com/
 http://www.lloydsrvheating.com/
Call Rudy 713-818-3234. 8am-8pm central time. 
Rodney Leach at Mobile RV Service. (817-320-3012)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LakeBob said:

Thanks!

 It appears Roger Burke is retiring. He only has 3 or 4 items listed on his web site . I left him messages that I needed nozzles, filters, back in March. Sent him a message back in early June for an LED board both times he sent me I link to a guy on EBay.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2022 at 12:22 PM, Romeo84 said:

Hey guys so I have been working on this aqua hot recently for the past 2 weeks.. Started with a fuel pump leak which I eventually solved then. Figuring out how to get a good clean burn with no smoke.

 

Now Everything is running and getting warm except the front zone.  I can put my hand on the punp and feel the circulation pump turning but it seems like no fluid is moving. 

The lines are warm at best... both other pumps and lines are hot but the far right one is cool. I have all zone thermostats max out for heat should it should be calling for it.  And all the radiator fans are turning. Just no fluid..

Is there in internal valve that is supposed to open? Possible clog in that loop?? All zone radiators are cold.

Any thoughts?

 

Can you tell us more about your Aqua Hot, IE model number. Each outlet to the pumps  has a check valve, they sometimes get stuck. Boiler fluid can get kind of gumming if your unit set a long time. Try tapping on them with a wrench. If you have the pumps with the clear plastic covers, the impellers are magnet driven. The motor can be running and yet the impeller not spinning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, radioman said:

 

Can you tell us more about your Aqua Hot, IE model number. Each outlet to the pumps  has a check valve, they sometimes get stuck. Boiler fluid can get kind of gumming if your unit set a long time. Try tapping on them with a wrench. If you have the pumps with the clear plastic covers, the impellers are magnet driven. The motor can be running and yet the impeller not spinning. 

Wow! How did this end up here? Very old different thread which the OP never responded back as to whether the problem was ever resolved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...