3rd brake light

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.  I had tried to source it a few months ago because it wasn't working and I never could find a replacement anywhere.   Even using the DOT number. 

I stopped looking because I was able to get it working again.  This is a great forum so I am sure someone has the answer.

• Like 1

3rd Tail light.pdfHere is one on Amazon along with some other information on other lights. When you open a PDF look for a small yellow post it note and mouse over or click on it for more information such as web site etc. 3rd Tail light.pdf  A little help please???

This picture is of my tail light hole, please click on the proper pdf below. I have not figured out how to display the picture. I could just post the one picture but the whole file might be of some use to someone. Something new to learn every day. 

Rubber grommets.jpg

Lights Exterior Front.pdf Lights Exterior Rear.pdf Lights Misc.pdf Tail Light Grommets.pdf Tail Light Removal web page IRV2.docx Tail Lights right and left.pdf

Edited by myrontruex

7 hours ago, Goldeneagle said:

Hey guys first post, and great forum with lots of knowledge. I’m hoping someone can help me source my third brake light for my 2007 holiday rambler navigator. The brake light is 18 inches long approximately and can’t seem to find it anywhere 

thanks Nathan 

Hi Nathan,

I believe that your 3rd light is the same as on my 2006 Monaco Dynasty.  I have been trying for a year now with no luck.  The light that Frank mentioned from www.spoilerlights.com is about 3/8" to long and about 1/2" to tall.  The mounting holes have the correct distance between them.   I will attach some pictures I took comparing the lights and how it didn't fit.  The folks at spoilerlights were great.  He sent me his light freight free and took it back when it didn't work.  I am sure he has a lot of people wanting a replacement for our light and was hoping I could find a way to make it work.  Sorry I don't have an solution as of yet, but would love to fine one.

Best,  John

20221116_122015.jpg

20221116_122119.jpg

20221116_122136.jpg

20221116_122711.jpg

20221116_122716.jpg

20221116_122814.jpg

20221116_122836.jpg

Edited by Marine Boy
add picture

1 hour ago, lake49068 said:

Just looked at Veurinks (Grand Rapids, MI) parts website and they list a center brake light but no dimensions.  Give them a call to check fit...

Adam

Just checked with Veurinks and they responded with not available any longer and there only solution was RV Salvage yard. 

I am trying to find one that may be a little shorter that is still only 3/4" tall and will still fit in the recess.  So if anyone has seen one that is only 3/4" tall, please let me know.  And/or one that is 3/4" tall and 9" long so I could fit two side by side.

Thanks, John

AT-LED-28SMT

A search for this will show lots of options. Even Amazon has a ton of them. 

I have replaced mine a couple of times. 

1 hour ago, myrontruex said:

AT-LED-28SMT

A search for this will show lots of options. Even Amazon has a ton of them. 

I have replaced mine a couple of times. 

Hi Myron,

Thanks for the idea.  On a number of Monaco & HR coaches the 3rd brake light mounts in a recess that is just over 3/4" tall, so any light much taller than 3/4" will not fit in the recess.  I have had no luck finding a light like this on Amazon or other places, but I am still hopeful I will find one.  Please keep sending ideas!

Thanks, John

We have an '07 Signature., that has the same light. I have looked everywhere for that brake light. Like you said the one from spoiler lights is to long. I ordered it and found out the hard way. The schematic on their website was actually wrong, and have since changed it. Good luck in your search. If you find one please post where you found it. 

With some careful dissasembly you may be able to refill the light with a led strip light. 

Another led strip that comes to mind is the third brake light I see on pickups sometimes. I put one one a small utility trailer. They would be easy enough to trim down I suspect. I will do some research on that. 

6 minutes ago, myrontruex said:

With some careful dissasembly you may be able to refill the light with a led strip light. 

Another led strip that comes to mind is the third brake light I see on pickups sometimes. I put one one a small utility trailer. They would be easy enough to trim down I suspect. I will do some research on that. 

Hi Myron,

Yes, my next option is to disassemble the old light and install a new LED strip.  Since this is the original light, the red plastic lens is only in fair condition and I was hoping to have a backup before I do a disassembly, with the risk of breakage.  I would be willing to trim down a light, but as I have said previously much taller than 3/4" and it won't fit in the recess.  Keep the ideas coming.

Best,  John

As I recall, my strip led brake light on the little utility trailer was about 1/2 of an inch wide. 

Would it be possible to make something like this work? It’s .6 inches tall so it’s just under 3/4 and I think you can cut these to the length you want. The only problem is the wires coming out of the one end but might be able to make it work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165368929710?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ee_zZfOyRZ-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=odM01NFXQDC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

14 hours ago, Marine Boy said:

Hi Myron,

Yes, my next option is to disassemble the old light and install a new LED strip.  Since this is the original light, the red plastic lens is only in fair condition and I was hoping to have a backup before I do a disassembly, with the risk of breakage.  I would be willing to trim down a light, but as I have said previously much taller than 3/4" and it won't fit in the recess.  Keep the ideas coming.

Best,  John

Can’t you fabricate something to sit in the recess and attach a light assembly to that?

Edited by hitechpete

7 hours ago, Goldeneagle said:

This is the point I’m at right now is fabricating something to go into that space out of aluminum on the CNC machine and then I’ll be able to put a third brake light on top of it

I was considering that also.  Just trying to not have the light sticking out.  If you make a spacer, you may want to check the mounting surface.  Mine has a minor radius.