Tailpipe for generator

Rikadoo

Hello everyone. So im looking for information on where to get a tailpipe for my 7500 Onan. When I bought this it has what looks to be pipe that came from a fence. I have entered in the search window and gotten everything from EVERY generator dealer but very little to do with exhaust. perhaps there is a specific place where to get the required pieces from. Any help is welcomed

Your right, any muffler shop can, and in fact my coach is getting a Aero muffler on the main engine this saturday, however  the pipe coming off the muffler for the genny looks like a dogleg. Was thinking i could find some relitive parts sheets that might shed some insite as to the original design so i wont have to pay for a creative interpretation as to what it should look like.7C53C2C7-1222-45C7-82E1-CF54FFCAE2DC.thumb.png.eab40c688f1d61a55f4f8832d4be6d99.png1AFCCB3A-42C4-4330-AAF1-6BA3A571399E.thumb.jpeg.1882f1ad5a5172e4b9bde5e0102c5d0f.jpeg

7 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Your right, any muffler shop can, and in fact my coach is getting a Aero muffler on the main engine this saturday, however  the pipe coming off the muffler for the genny looks like a dogleg. Was thinking i could find some relitive parts sheets that might shed some insite as to the original design so i wont have to pay for a creative interpretation as to what it should look like.7C53C2C7-1222-45C7-82E1-CF54FFCAE2DC.thumb.png.eab40c688f1d61a55f4f8832d4be6d99.png1AFCCB3A-42C4-4330-AAF1-6BA3A571399E.thumb.jpeg.1882f1ad5a5172e4b9bde5e0102c5d0f.jpeg

memory on this over the years  as well as helping out a couple of members that had "rearranged" their pipes.  No one has, to the best of my knowledge ever found a source for the Monaco pipe.  Yes, it was a nightmare....and each model had or may have one that is unique.  If the original is working and is secure, you might want to reconsider and leave well enough alone.

Most of the problems or complaints came from undercarriage mess....like running over something.  There have also been issues with the Onan exhaust pipe.  Some got bent and were cracked.  You can order a new Onan pipe from the exhaust manifold.  That is in the part's list for your Genny.

You might want to have the dealer inspect it and make sure that the mount(s) are tight.  That would also include the Onan OEM pipe that comes down.   Finding the adapter mounts was also an issue and Monaco custom fabricated them.  SO, keeping them serviceable is also recommended.  Others have or their shops have fabricated new mounts and individuals have posted pictures of their mounts when the exhaust pipe and mounts were sheared off or damaged.

That's about it....

• Like 1

These are custom made by the coach builder. 

I had to have a new Onan generator tail pipe made.  Our original was mangled when we bought the coach. 

I purchased a new exhaust pipe adapter from Onan and a length of stainless exhaust pipe tubing.  I took it to a muffler shop with a detailed drawing.  He bent the tubing and I did s trial fit and we had to mske a couple of adjustments.  We then welded on a chrome tip and it was done.

I had help from an IRV2 member with a similar coach.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Run it out the back of the coach. Instead of at your neighbor.  Idid.

20007 Exec Exterior 006.JPG