Domestic magnum opus 3110

Bandit411
Go to solution Solved by Bandit411,

Has anyone ever changed thee 3110 to a residential toilet. The water has quit going bingo the tank on the 3110 and after diagnosis the module has gone bad and is obsolete. I really like the3110 but a lot of the parts for it are no longer available. If anyone has a module for sale let me know the price. Any help is appreciated. 

These toilets were built by Sealand.  They are quality built porcelin toilets for RV and boats.  They were so good Dometic bought the company.  

A residential toilet will not fit the flange and wouldn't work well going down the road.  Water from the tank would slosh all over.  

One of our Monacoers has reverse engineered the control board and made it much better.  Contact PWhittle and he'll get you flushing again fast.  

• Like 1

Hi @Bandit411,

@Chuck B 2004 Windsor will be along in a bit to tell you that there is no need for a fancy electronic toilet, but many of us think they are great!

Your issue where the flapper stops operating is the most common symptom of a failed control board. I’ll send you details on how to get one of my replacement boards for the 3110. 

Before we do that, move the right hand switch on the control board to the left hand position, Service Mode. This will clear any faults and will try to open the flapper . If it does open, then returning the right hand switch to the middle will close it and you will be back in business. If the Service mode doesn’t open and close as expected, it is likely the control board.

Paul

• Like 1

The flapper works. Just no water enters the bowl. The number 12 light on the board doesn’t light up only number7. I will be purchasing one of your boards and paying with PayPal. My address to send it to is 

Randy Cochran 

3919 Wiseman Road 

Green Cove Springs 

Florida 32043

thanks for responding and look forward to doing business with you. 

If no water comes in, that could be the control board, but may be a different problem like a loose wire or just the water valve that needs replacing.

Do you have a multimeter and a comfort level using it to do some troubleshooting?

Paul

Paul, I’m sure you’re tired of hearing it by now, but thanks for your work and investment engineering that board replacement. 
Im not a customer yet, but I sleep a little better knowing that I won’t need to replace the entire thing when mine fail. 
Walter

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your kind words. I never imagined deciding to make my own toilet controller instead of replacing the toilet would have turned into what it has.

About the only thing we, as a group, haven’t been able to fix is the Kongsberg chassis multiplex.

We have to keep these great motorhome alive!

There are a few more projects on my list that may be of interest to others! Just finding it hard to make the time.

Paul

Guest Ray Davis
1 hour ago, pwhittle said:

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your kind words. I never imagined deciding to make my own toilet controller instead of replacing the toilet would have turned into what it has.

About the only thing we, as a group, haven’t been able to fix is the Kongsberg chassis multiplex.

We have to keep these great motorhome alive!

There are a few more projects on my list that may be of interest to others! Just finding it hard to make the time.

Paul

Paul,  I believe you and Walter could fix that Kongsberg coach that was totaled the other day.  Maybe we should take up a collection to buy it so you guys can decipher the mystery.  I'm so impressed with your reverse engineering of the circuit board that I'm considering buying a Magnum Opus toilet.  Got one for sale?

We’d have to bring Frank McElroy in to have a hope of fixing it! 😀

I do have an extra Magnum Opus, but I am not sure it makes sense to put one in where there was not one before.

Paul

Guest Ray Davis
11 hours ago, pwhittle said:

We’d have to bring Frank McElroy in to have a hope of fixing it! 😀

For sure, how could I forget Frank?  What's wrong with me?  Many others on here too.

11 hours ago, pwhittle said:

I do have an extra Magnum Opus, but I am not sure it makes sense to put one in where there was not one before.

Hey, I've made a whole career of doing things that makes no sense,  why stop now?      🤔

Guest Ray Davis
1 hour ago, Ratmc1027 said:

I have 2 dometic sealand electric toilets that I removed from our 2002 HR Endeavor. One vacuum flush, the other bottom drop. I'd be happy to sell both. I'm in Hamilton Texas USA

Do you know the models?    

On 2/28/2023 at 9:02 PM, pwhittle said:

Hi @Bandit411,

@Chuck B 2004 Windsor will be along in a bit to tell you that there is no need for a fancy electronic toilet, but many of us think they are great!

Your issue where the flapper stops operating is the most common symptom of a failed control board. I’ll send you details on how to get one of my replacement boards for the 3110. 

Before we do that, move the right hand switch on the control board to the left hand position, Service Mode. This will clear any faults and will try to open the flapper . If it does open, then returning the right hand switch to the middle will close it and you will be back in business. If the Service mode doesn’t open and close as expected, it is likely the control board.

Paul

Paul Whittle fixxed me up with new parts board and it works great.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ray Davis
1 hour ago, MDezot said:

I just bought a 2006 Columbia and I’m having a problem with the board on the 3110.  Are theses replacement boards still available?

Thanks Mike 

Welcome to the forum Mike,  You are at the right place.  We have a member here that has reverse-engineered the board and sells them.  He can answer your questions.

He is Paul Whittle in the posts above,  hopefully, he will chime in.   

14 hours ago, MDezot said:

I just bought a 2006 Columbia and I’m having a problem with the board on the 3110.  Are theses replacement boards still available?

Thanks Mike 

Hi Mike,

Is that a Renegade? That would be a first for me!

I sent you details by PM.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...