CAC, repair or replace???

Hello everyone, so I am in the throws of replacing my exhaust manifold, I had blown a gasket and decided I did not want to try to machine an reuse them. So it really wasn't a bad price, however today as I started tearing it down it was brought to my attention that my charge air cooler is leaking. Given im sure the new ones are costly im sure I was wondering if anyone had luck having them fixed, I mean I really only want to do this once, I know when my radiator started to leak no one recommended repairs, they all said to replace... so I did and it has been fine!!!

Looking at the CAC right where the the top 5 rows coming out of the tanks there was a definite sign of black dirt right where the tubes came out on one side. For sure im gonna pull it to have it pressure tested and decide from there.

I had some engine work done and they had to remove the CAC and radiator .Cummins sent the units to a radiator shop for cleaning. They said that both were in bad shape and recommended replacing both.They made knew ones out of brass.Had around 90,000 miles on coach. While they are out I would replace both.

2000 Dip

Bob U

I had my radiator recore done last year while getting engine work done and replaced the cac with one from cgi.  Along with them I replaced the coolant pump and thermostat as a preventative measure.   Cac was around 1k at the time.   2002 diplomat