I have a fuel leak, I checked, & this line is tight.

I am not sure what it is attached to, or where the other end goes.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I may remove the air filter tomorrow to get a better look.

I'm thinking the line may be cracked at the flare.

Thank You

20230414_174447.jpg

Clean it and the surrounding area real good with some degreaser or fuel and some rags. Take some pics or I like videos  up close with your phone while moving the phone around. You can stop the videos and do screen shots for still pics. Use a line wrench if your not using one when working with it.

• Like 2

Needs a good powerwashing.  And yes, if used correctly, is fine to use.  Just depends on where you are pointing.  Like stay away from electrical connectors and don't spray close to rubber / hoses / vinyl and other soft stuff.  And stay further away from radiator fins.

• Like 1

I think it is obvious where the drip is coming from in the video and if you can't tiighten it anymore, you are probably right about a cracked flare, if it is a flare. Then there is no choice but to remove and replace the line. The straight piece looks too short for a professional flare tool to re-do plus it looks like a sleeve at the flare end (?). But if it is a low pressure line, like Cory might be suggesting, I have rebuit tractor injection pumps that had a rubber slip-on seal and not a real flare on the low pressure inlet.

I was registered on quick serve a few years ago, but can't get into it now.

I tried using the email I was using then, which I still have access to, but if I put it into the lost password box, it does not find me.

I tried registering for a new account, put in all the info on the free subscription, but it won't let me check out.

I may try going in as a guest.

I think you may have found an answer in the sealing washers if mine is the same as yours.

I am going to disassemble & see what I find.

Thank You

Dave

From your diagram, if mine is the same, the line is #31, washers are #23.

This gives me where to look for the other end, which goes around the corner, just out of sight.

I think I will remove the air filter to get better access, & see if I can get it apart.

Update, I got the air filter out of the way, got down in the engine bay to my shoulders.

Got the nut backed off, can't see the other end.

No rubber seals that I can see, thinking of putting some WD40 on the threads & try tightening it up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3hiMkeGu8anWqNUr5

Well, I don't want to tempt fate by declaring victory too early, but I lubed the threads with some WD40,

ran it tight, then loosened it, & tightened it up good with a crow foot line wrench on a breaker bar.

Cleaned it up, ran for 10 minutes, so far, so good.

I was careful not to get any dirt inside the connection.

I will run it again tomorrow before putting the air filter back in.

Thanks for the replies!

• Like 2