Buckee's

Guest Ray Davis
4 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

What is the attraction of Buc-ees? Low fuel costs?

Gary 05 AMB DST

For the ladies it's the restrooms,  they are huge and sparkling clean.   I like them too but when necessary I can go most anywhere.

As for fuel costs the Bucees around here do not post prices.  I have found the prices are usually pretty good but you don't know until you are at the pump.

4 hours ago, Florida Hog Man said:

We built a Costco across the street from Bucee's in St Augustine, FL.  we used to joke about who spent the most there.   

Last time I walked into a Costco, I was down $175 by the time I was 15' into the store 😀!

Wife say's I can stay in the car from now on 😂!

On 5/14/2023 at 7:27 AM, 6Wheels said:

How about instead of rubber, it gets replaced with a grass skirt?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Truck-Mudguards-Spray-Suppression-Equipment-Spray_60758099024.html 

That's what I have on mine.  The skirt knocks down the spray and debris, but lets some air through to cut drag and help with cooling.

Note that link has a minimum order of 100 meters. That's about 330 feet. LOL

Most Buc-ee's locations have signs posted saying "No 18 Wheelers".  When I see signs like that on the entrance of any business, I don't drive in with my 42' Dynasty pulling a Honda CRV.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

Most Buc-ee's locations have signs posted saying "No 18 Wheelers".  When I see signs like that on the entrance of any business, I don't drive in with my 42' Dynasty pulling a Honda CRV.

Agree.  We also have a Volvo tractor pulling a fifth wheel.  This comes up every once in a while on HDT RV forums I belong. They all get turned away too and there are some choice opinions on what they can do with their business.

• Like 1

Wow! I had no idea that I was going to hit such a hot button issue!! My original thought was that it is just too hard to maneuver a class A towing, in and out of a Buckee's. We have stopped at two and both parking experiences were terrible and the second one I sustained damage. They are NOT RV friendly!!! So for this guy ,with 33 years of RV experience, NEVER AGAIN!!!! It seems to me that they don't want big rigs. They even state "No Trucks".

Some Buc-ee’s have separate RV fuel pump islands. I wonder if they all have transitions from the road to the parking like the one that caused your problem?

On 5/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

What is the attraction of Buc-ees? Low fuel costs?

Gary 05 AMB DST

Yes, low fuel costs are part of the attraction. Gasoline at the one in Florence $2.67 when we were there last weekend. A lot of it is the buzz, won't last forever. 

My wife loves to stop and shop at Buc-ess so we just pull in and find a place to park , but recently I needed fuel so I decided to give it a whirl. Well it didn’t go so well. It was packed as usual and I had to keep circling to find an end spot I could get into. After about 10 min  I finally found a spot the problem was and I don’t know if they are all like this but the pump was so slow. After about 10 minutes I only had 50 gallons pumped in so I gave up and said never again. Yes the price was good but just not worth the hassle. I have TSD logistics fuel card as well and use that all the time. I will just stop and shop at Buc-ees in the future unless the place is a ghost town. 

Can't pass up a Bucees! No problem with either of the FL ones on 95 with the Neptune and my Ram in tow. 

On 5/20/2023 at 7:50 AM, Gene Y said:

Yes, low fuel costs are part of the attraction.  . . . . A lot of it is the buzz, won't last forever. 

I was in Terrell TX a few weeks ago (Buc-ee's is a TX staple).  It was still buzzing.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:05 PM, Agpopp said:

Can't pass up a Bucees! No problem with either of the FL ones on 95 with the Neptune and my Ram in tow. 

A Neptune?  I could pull into most fast food joints when I had my Neptune sized Fleetwood.  Can't do that with the Endeavor - wheelbase on an RR8 chassis is 42" longer!  Buc-ee's are no problem in the Endeavor with 6x10 trailer, but I can see where an RR10 chassis with a toad could be an issue. 

But yeah . . . . the pumps, like most auto diesel pumps, are incredibly slow compared to a truck stop.

- bob