AquaHot AHE-100-01S Tank Replacement Procedure

I recently had to replace the AquaHot AHE-100-01S tank in my 2002 Dynasty.  The copper fresh water coils had developed a leak.  I had noticed a small amount of water collecting in the service bay for some time.  Eventually the leak increased and I had to turn off the water pump when water was not needed as it would cycle continuously to maintain pressure and a puddle formed below the AquaHot.

I owe a tremendous amount of thanks to Vito Adragna for all of his help with this project.  He patiently answered my emails and text messages.  Without his help I would have been lost.  I also want to thank John and Hanna Carrillo from HeatMyRV.com for their help and the replacement tank.  John is busy but he did return calls and text messages when I needed him.  Fortunately for us replacement tanks are available.

I could not find any instructions on this procedure, so I have attached my notes and photos so that it might help someone else.  Use at your own risk!  

The filling and pressurizing procedures are different from the manual with the new non-pressurized tank.  It worked quite well.  Took me about 16 gallons to fill the system.

AQUAHOT REMOVAL.pdf AQUAHOT SKID ASSEMBLY.pdf AquaHot Skid Disassembly.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

I recently had to replace the AquaHot AHE-100-01S tank in my 2002 Dynasty.  The copper fresh water coils had developed a leak.  I had noticed a small amount of water collecting in the service bay for some time.  Eventually the leak increased and I had to turn off the water pump when water was not needed as it would cycle continuously to maintain pressure and a puddle formed below the AquaHot.

I owe a tremendous amount of thanks to Vito Adragna for all of his help with this project.  He patiently answered my emails and text messages.  Without his help I would have been lost.  I also want to thank John and Hanna Carrillo from HeatMyRV.com for their help and the replacement tank.  John is busy but he did return calls and text messages when I needed him.  Fortunately for us replacement tanks are available.

I could not find any instructions on this procedure, so I have attached my notes and photos so that it might help someone else.  Use at your own risk!  

The filling and pressurizing procedures are different from the manual with the new non-pressurized tank.  It worked quite well.  Took me about 16 gallons to fill the system.

AQUAHOT REMOVAL.pdf 11.28 MB · 20 downloads AQUAHOT SKID ASSEMBLY.pdf 8.31 MB · 17 downloads AquaHot Skid Disassembly.pdf 16.32 MB · 14 downloads

Thank you so much, how do I get them to open on my apple IPad?

2 hours ago, sg47619 said:

Thank you so much, how do I get them to open on my apple IPad?

Click on the pdf. Accept the download. Wait for it to download. Then click on the down arrow top right of Safari to see the downloaded pdf and then click on it to open. 

2 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Does Carrillo want your tank as a core charge, or, is he building these tanks from scratch?

The replacement tank is brand new and a better design with the copper coils internal to the tank. 

• Like 1

Patrick Thanks for thr PDF... Yous files gives me the ability to save $7 to $9 k I. DIY files you did a great job.  How hard was it to get out of the bay...I have been told that's a job. Again greatly appreciate the information you have provided to me and the group...

Thanks Again

Michael Powell

God Bless...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Powell said:

Patrick Thanks for thr PDF... Yous files gives me the ability to save $7 to $9 k I. DIY files you did a great job.  How hard was it to get out of the bay...I have been told that's a job. Again greatly appreciate the information you have provided to me and the group...

Thanks Again

Michael Powell

God Bless...

Michael,

it’s a tedious job overall but not as difficult as it looks. Once all the wires, hoses and brackets are disconnected it isn’t too hard to pry it over the ledge and slide out into the adjacent bay. I did it easily by myself. Needed help lifting it in and out. 

good luck!

On 6/25/2023 at 10:06 AM, Patrick said:

AQUAHOT REMOVAL.pdf 11.28 MB · 69 downloads AQUAHOT SKID ASSEMBLY.pdf 8.31 MB · 45 downloads AquaHot Skid Disassembly.pdf 16.32 MB · 48 downloads

realy could use these to remove my unit in my 2003 Monaco

11 minutes ago, djlgnd said:

thank you for these helps me out greatly

1 hour ago, Patrick said:

Glad these can help.  I'm on the Island. You?

Just spent a couple of weeks on the island!

One in Vic, one in Parksville. Watched the fire near Port Alberni grow larger each day!

Why they don't hit these fires hard while they are small is beyond me!

Ironic the largest water bombers ever built used to park on a lake, probably less than 10mi from that fire.

Edited by 96 EVO

On 6/27/2023 at 6:19 PM, 96 EVO said:

One in Vic, one in Parksville. Watched the fire near Port Alberni grow larger each day!

Ironic the largest water bombers ever built used to park on a lake, probably less than 10mi from that fire.

I live in Nanoose Bay, right by Parksville. 

Yes, we miss our Mars water bombers. 

On 6/27/2023 at 6:19 PM, 96 EVO said:

I am In Grand Forks Don't travel much as I am Retired on a limited pension. Full timer now for 5 years in my 2003 Monaco Camelot and a 1995 Winnebago Adventurer

On 6/27/2023 at 5:42 PM, djlgnd said:

thank you for these helps me out greatly

Thank you for the files, after my trip in August I’m going to change mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good day Hope everyone is well 

I got back to the coach this week, was filling my fresh water holding tank and water started to run un the unit and out the bay door on the opposite side,not just a little, lots of water, I needed some water to get by for the next 7 day so I cut the pex  and put a plug in just before the inlet to the unit so I could still have some water,  Atifreeze in the unit is all good no leaks, had the front cover off,nothing visible from the burner /manifold side. I have never taken the other cover off, going to open Patrick's file and have a look, any idea? What would I be looking at as a fresh water inlet leak inside the until,I read all the threads 

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature ceaser 

Wayne, I had to take my unit out to remove the tank cover. It is riveted and I could not get to them to drill them out from the top and rear over the cable master is if you have the same configuration. You'll have the external coil to deal with IF the leak is behind the "firewall" so to speak. This pic gives an idea where the rivets are all around the top and rear.

2016-09-16_19-26-49_147.jpg

Guest Ray Davis

Ivan, is there mastic under the coils and was there insulation covering the coils before the picture was taken?