Aladdin display not working.

My Aladdin system will not turn on thus I have no readings on anything and no rear camera.  I think it has power because the toggle light is on and makes nosie when i move it. The Aladdin fuse on the panel is good.  Any ideas or thoughts on what else I should be checking would be appreciated. 

Thanks so much for the replies.  I tried the reset and that did not work. I will try to check the video screen for loose plugs.  How do I recycle the battery cut-off switch? d 

Yes, I tried the reset switch, no change. 

My Camelot has an Aladdin toggle switch in the bedroom but no monitor.

Noel

I recently saw that my alladin joystick was causing noise to be displayed on the monitor.  Do you see a small red light on the joystick?  This would indicate if power is getting there.  Might try jiggling the joystick around and see if that causes anything to happen on the display.  Perhaps could be a failed/failing joystick.

steveg 2005 DDIV

Mine did the same thing. I replaced the monitor with no luck. Turned out I had a bad wire in the dash. 

Did a bit of a workaround and now works perfectly. 

Might try going behind the dash and seeing if you have video in other areas. 

Does your Aladdin data go thru your back up camera monitor? My backup camera system has been changed out to a color Weldex that I have been told is not original.    Not sure how previous owner viewed data. Dealer we bought from set up Aladdin system to go thru rear TV to see data as that replacement flat screen TV had RCA inputs. Wondering why you have no back up camera as that is "usually" a separate system. Do you get any display or color change when the monitor is powered up?

I added a Amazon $35 5" diagonal monitor as a dedicated display to my Aladdin system. It has been a great addition. After about 5,000 miles on system, monitor was on (lighted blue screen with logo of monitor) but no input from Aladdin.  My Aladdin control module is behind my radio. Pulled radio and reseated all of the connector on the system. It started working again. It may have reset if power was disconnected but I think power is hard wired into the module.  While on current trip, monitor went black, no power at monitor. Fuse was good.  Turns out the round pin connector to the monitor had come loose. 

Good luck in your trouble shooting

If it used to display on a dash monitor I bet someone "dusted" that monitor and inadvertently switched that monitor's input to a different source.  Happens to me when cleaning the dust off my dash gauges & etc.  My Kenwood flip up monitor has a touch screen and can get into a funky state when wiped "just right".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You should be able to put a small TV on the dash and plug the RCA cables from the Aladdin box into it to see if it's the monitor or not.  My monitor wasn't working when I bought the coach.  New monitor from rvcams.com and all good.  Used command strips to hold it up. Added a splitter to share the camera feed to the stereo I added. 

20230311_103102.jpg

20230308_091818.jpg

20230308_091809.jpg

I'm not familiar with Camelot's, so I don't know if you have a full Aladdin system, or what is often referred to as an Aladdin Junior.  On my full Aladdin, there was a "control box" behind the "center console".  That is where my rear view camera, along with the two side view cameras (mounted on the right and left rear view mirrors) along with the inside camera connected.  It also had the connections from the data cable to give that info, along with tank (propane, fresh, grey, black) status.  In any case, there were multiple (I think at least 4) sets of composite video outputs (think the Yellow Phono - RCA connector).  One goes to the bedroom for that monitor, another to the built-in dash monitor, which I think was originally part of a stereo system but had been removed by the time I got the coach.  I ran another cable from a unused output to a larger (10-inch I think) 12 Volt stand-alone monitor I mounted to the dash, so I could see the cameras better.  You might try bringing in a monitor or a small TV that has Video Inputs, as Steven said above, and connecting it to an unused output (or if you don't have any unused outputs, the remove the cable currently going to your monitor) and you should be able to determine if it is an Aladdin problem, or a cable/monitor problem.

-Rick N.

On 6/27/2023 at 12:08 PM, Baldfuzzz said:

My Aladdin system will not turn on thus I have no readings on anything and no rear camera.  I think it has power because the toggle light is on and makes nosie when i move it. The Aladdin fuse on the panel is good.  Any ideas or thoughts on what else I should be checking would be appreciated. 

@Baldfuzzz

have you resolved this.  Feedback is essential.  Power is a must.  Some folks have spent both time and money on their Alladin only to find out the ignition switch was defective.  Suggest you look at prints.  There MAY be two power sources.  So need a schematic of the incoming connections.

Sorry folks for not responding sooner.  I felled ill and was out of commission for bit.  Well, I am back and I have to admit not a happy camper.  Now, my front air bag has sprung a big air leak, my clearance lights lens are all crack and allowing water to get into the the rig, and the entry door step sounds like it is off the track. Needless to say I did not resolved my issue with the Aladdin system. 

I will go back into the dash and poke around the wires and cables checking for disconnection or damage.

My display is blank but the joysticks have a lit red light indicating it is receiving power.  I played around with the joystick with negative results.  My backup camera is part of the system and I don't think it is separate.   

Steve, I like your idea and will try connecting a small TV to see if my issue was only the display monitor.  

I am almost certain I have the full Aladdin System since it used to read all my tanks, temps and display the rear camera.  I really appreciate all of the suggestions, especially since I have no idea what I'm doing. 

Thanks, 

Noel

• Like 1

Tim lazaroe at rvcams.com is very helpful and can work you through troubleshooting.  I'd suggest going to their website and find his info and call for him.  Mention my name. Just be careful, he's an LSU fan 😂.

I do like the set up the Steven shows and that is similar to VMSPC from Silverleaf.com . The VMSPC however is designed to replace the Aladdin.

Something not mentioned is checking the source button on the Aladdin before jumping to expensive changes.  I dont recall if it is the function button or the source button but cycling it will sometimes bring up the screen and full function.

Also note that after rebooting the Aladdin we have had to recalibrate the holding tanks.

Good luck 

@Baldfuzzz sorry to hear you've been ill.  Replacing the clearance lights is not too bad.  I ordered mine online. The old ones will crack and fall apart as you remove them so have a broom ready for cleanup.  Biggest point I'd make: make sure you don't let the wire go back in the hole when you cut them.  Put some tape or something on the wires to keep them from disappearing into the front cap abyss. 

@Keith MoffettI wish ours had come w the full Aladdin system instead of the Jr. But you figure out workarounds.

Thanks for the info.  I contacted Silverleaf and they refer me to Mastertech.  The VMSPC change over is expensive, I'm not sure that is the route I'm going to take.  I'm going to contact RVCAMS to seek their help. I checked their site and they may be able to assist me with the Aladdin issue.  I inspected at my clearance lights and all of the lights' lens are either cracked or broken.  Hence allowing water to enter.  The lights work so, I order new lens and will reseal all the lights.   

I have a similar issue. To get the rear camera to display I moved the rca connector for the rear camera to input two on a box labeled “ Two input one output”. My rear camera now displays but the Aladdin is dead.   Silverleaf upgrade is about $3500 before labor. Using Bluefire for engine data at the moment till I decide on a final solution. What version is your Aladdin? Mine is 440-068

Wow, $3500, I was quoted $6200-$6500.  This quote may be high because they have not seen my rig yet.  I don't know what my version is, where can I locate it?  What is Bluefire?