Slide Toppers needed near Eugene,Oregon

2 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

True Toppers fabric, thread and stitching pale in comparison to Stone Vos. That's how they can offer the best warranty in the country.

Do your due diligence then make your decision once you have all of the facts.

Your mistaking 'True Toppers' with another Co.

True Toppers has no fabric!

7 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Your mistaking 'True Toppers' with another Co.

True Toppers has no fabric!

Haha, you're correct. The company I am thinking about is Tough Top Awnings.

True Topper is aluminum. Not sure I would go in that direction until there were some history using them on Monaco coaches.

• Like 1

I agree with Scott. You are in the NW and Tough Top are vinyl which are better in our wetter climate. They made mine on our former coach and I was very happy with their product. Very easy to install  and keep clean. Great people to work with. Good luck, Don

• Like 1

I don’t understand why you replace perfectly good fabric… there’s enough unused after you cut the used off (3 of the 4) and have a canvas shop re-sew all 4 sides with UV thread. Have done this on 3 rigs for $144. The large LR slide might be worth buying new as you can only cut off 75% of the used… but one if the rigs is at 9 years with some of the used still in good shape (19 years total).

• Like 2

Whenever buying awnings or slide topper fabric ALWAYS look at the warranty period not the price. That tells you the quality of the thread and fabric. Awning Companies adjust their warranty time lines to the life of the fabric. They are not going to risk going bankrupt over warranty claims. Trying to pinch pennies on a topper that you have to pay to have installed will come right back and bite you down the road when you start the whole game over again.

BTW, guess who Elite orders their fabric from ? Stone Vos.

Oem/Carefree - 1 Year

Tough Top Warranty - 5 Years

Shade Pro - 7 years

Stone Vos - 10 years

Tell me who you think sells the highest quality fabric and thread ?

• Like 3

I just finished getting all four of my slide fabric done at Elite. They did a very thorough job and good for ten years. They also replaced all the rubber seals around the slides and then poured water on for a long time and no leaks whatsoever.. Very satisfied.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 8:11 PM, oregondarrell said:

Any recommendations for slide topper purchase and installation in the Eugene area.

Noticed the stitching is failing and will need to replace soon.

Any help/info appreciated.

Darrell Terry

My toppers were frayed on the sides, where the thread had failed. I removed all four and took them to a boat canvas shop. Had them re-sewn with black thread, which I was told was much stronger than white. Then I installed them turned around. Much of the fabric was never exposed to the elements, as it was always on the rollers even when slides were extended. That was five years ago and still looks good. 

12 hours ago, cowpoke said:

I just finished getting all four of my slide fabric done at Elite. They did a very thorough job and good for ten years. They also replaced all the rubber seals around the slides and then poured water on for a long time and no leaks whatsoever.. Very satisfied.

Cowpoke - Do you recall how much Elite charged you to install your slide toppers ? How many slides on your RV ?

I contacted Elite last week to adjust one of my slides and repair slide seals but they were 2 months out on available appointments.

17 hours ago, throgmartin said:

Whenever buying awnings or slide topper fabric ALWAYS look at the warranty period not the price. That tells you the quality of the thread and fabric. Awning Companies adjust their warranty time lines to the life of the fabric. They are not going to risk going bankrupt over warranty claims. Trying to pinch pennies on a topper that you have to pay to have installed will come right back and bite you down the road when you start the whole game over again.

BTW, guess who Elite orders their fabric from ? Stone Vos.

Oem/Carefree - 1 Year

Tough Top Warranty - 5 Years

Shade Pro - 7 years

Stone Vos - 10 years

Tell me who you think sells the highest quality fabric and thread ?

Throgmartin, Thanks for reply

I ordered slide toppers from you in 7/2015 and installed myself.  The thread held up for the 5 years they were installed.  They were beginning to discolor and sag

after 5 years as fabric stretched and water pooled in center of panels.

I replaced yours with Tough Top in 6/2020.  Mainly because Tough Top was local and would install.

After 3 years the Tough Top vinyl is discolored & hardened and the thread is failing badly. 

As I am 73 now and am not interested in installing myself , I am looking for other options.

Definitely will not use or recommend Tough Top though.

Darrell Terry

Darrell I can tell you exactly what my cost was.. The fabric from Stone Vos was $1694.00

Remove all 4 s/o topper awnings

Remove all wipe seals,, clean and seal all 4 s/o boxes----$5,728.00

you can see I did more than just replace the fabric..the cost to just replace the fabric I don't know.

• Like 1

We are in southern california. Shade Pro is apparently in Southern California.

Their guy came to us did the measuring came back with a new acrylic slide toppers and installed them both in an hour.  I was not upset about the price and the service was top-notch. Call them they probably have an agent up in that neck of the woods.  1 (800) 328-5100.   We have only two slides and my invoice says $719 including California sales tax delivered and install just like the original acrylic material.

Edited by TomV48
Forgot the price
  • Like 1