Broken Control board connector (Molex?). How to repair? Leveling board

grizzly
Go to solution Solved by dl_racing427,

I was researching on another issue that might have required me to install pins into a wiring harness.  The make special tools, there were a bunch of different options on Amazon.  You can also buy new pins, and probably the special crimping tool. 

Do a Youtube search on how to replace pins on a wiring harness and you'll get lots of hits. 

• Like 2

The wires in these clips are held in place by a plastic retainer. Have a look at the other holes and you will see a little tab that keeps it in. You can depress that tab with a small stiff wire or pick and remove the connector. You may be able to pull open the connector and put in a new wire. If not you'll need to search for a wire connector that fits in your clip. first step is to get it out and then assess the next steps.

• Like 2

NOT an expert…but do some research.  There is probably a tool for pulling out the unused terminals in the connector. They were crimped and then inserted into whichever hole was needed. If you only have two wires, find the removal tool, pop out the broken one…then an unused one.  Recrimp the unused one and put it back into the orginal hole for that wire.  I DOUBT, if you pull the plug, that there is any differences in the snapped in connectors…

MOLEX is what i think it is.  YouTube probably has a video on removing and Amazon probably sells one or YouTube shows you how to without a tool

• Like 2

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Broken Control board connector (Molex?). How to repair? Leveling board

A molex tool should push it right out. It is a round tube with a handle. There are basically two sizes available.

Buy an inexpensive crimping tool to install a new pin. Do not solder the wire to the pin except in an emergency. Soldering makes the wire a solid wire and much more prone to breaking. Looks like you already experienced some sort of vibration breaking the wire. Strain relief the wires after repairing. 

• Like 2

• Solution

That looks to be a very common series of Molex connector.  I've disassembled those many times.
A thin pick can be used to depress the tab and remove the pins.  Molex also makes a special tool for this.
Search Youtube for instructional videos, I'm sure you'll find something explaining the connector type.
Once you positively ID the series, pins are available at most electronics supply houses.  Try Digi-Key online.

• Like 1