Dometic NDA 1402

Dbircky
Go to solution Solved by MyronTruex,

It appears my ice maker solenoid decided to stop working.    The water dispenser half still works.   I can't find an exact replacement, but did find one for a norcold pn 624516 that looks similar.    Anyone replace this valve?    I'd like to replace the water line that runs to it from the valve while I'm digging in there if anyone has a source for that too.

Thank you

I had to replace my icemaker once and fix it another time and when it broke in my Norcold 1200 series I removed it for good and now use a countertop icemaker. And it performs much much better and gave me more room in the freezer because I full-time.

Pure memory….but I had one for maybe 8 years before I went Res Refer.  Many of the original 1402 folks, in the earlier days when we were on Yahoo, said that one or more of the “replacement” icemakers that Lowes usually stocks in their stores…not special ordered, would work.  My memory says that the mounting holes were the same and that some were “plug” compatible.  I know that the “square” cover over the cube adjustable was identical….or very close.  There are several versions of the  Dometic manuals online and there is a detailed description of the electric hookup…. So, if you get the cheaper (universal), you might be able to figure the wiring.  But, memory says it was pretty much plug and play.  Some of the universal ones on Amazon have a couple of different harness adapters.  There is also a YouTube specifically, I think, for the Dometic 1402 icemaker trouble shooting and repair.  That might be your first stop…

$100 sure beats the almost $300 for the OEM Dometic…

Let us know what works and we will add the PN to the parts list.

Good Luck

The water valves aka solenoids are fairly generic except for the way they are mounted. Just make sure it is rated for 120 VAC which the ice maker uses.

The water line can be replaced with standard ice maker water line which your choices are either the original food grade BPA free material or stainless steel. Can be had any any big box store.

• Solution

The WR57x111 is on our Dometic double door with ice and water in the door. 
Turns out this is a GE part too. The WRX part number was on the side of the part. 

The ice maker solenoid was leaking water into the freezer and building ice dams. 

Note: We have since replaced our 1402 and love the residential unit. Chasing ice maker problems in the 1402 many many times and other complex problems just left me ready for the saws all. Which was handy getting the incredibly heavy thing out the door. The new light weight refer came through the drivers window.

002.jpg

dometic_rm7030_7732SM and ICE Maker.pdf Ice cube tray.pdf Ice maker Repair.pdf ice maker schematic.pdf Ice maker troubleshooting.pdf

Refer water valve.pdf

Edited by myrontruex
adding pictures

Thank you Myron, there were no numbers on my solenoid and the manuals I have didn't show one either.   

At some point I might have to pull the driver side window to fix the minor fogging that's started.   Probably will put a residential one in then, but really prefer the original look.  

My Whirlpool very closely resembles the old unit. Side by side with water and ice in the left door.  

I took some creative engineering to install it but I have been very happy with it. I have never run it on inverter so don't know if it would survive on the modified sine wave of the Magnum. I wish I had upgraded when my old one died.

I can go down the road four hours and the refer stays cold enough and the freezer hardly budges. Running the generator while cruising to run the air conditioners or to just make some hot lunch I leave it run for an hour or so. 

I replaced mine with a generic single one just for the ice maker.

Pretty sure the water you get out of that dispenser doesn't even get cooled in the fridge, so when mine failed, I figured 'why not just get ice from the dispenser, and the water from the sink' 🤔!