Fun Things To do with a RV

Dragracer

We've been going to our local lakes & staying the weekends. Having a lot of fun & really enjoying the RV life. Had a few bugs to work out like the Norco replacement with a Frigidaire house unit. Ol Norco would do pretty good in the mornings & at night but in the evenings in the hot Texas weather 107-108 degrees it didn't like it.lol Also had a sink leak from behind the slide & got that taken care of too. Done some maintenance, changed the fluid & filters in the Allison Transmission & the Onan. Greased the whole chassis & installed 8 new Bilstein shocks. Rides pretty good now. Going to pull the drag car to a dragrace if it ever cools down a bit. Meanwhile what is everyone doing in their RV's. I 've got 2 1/2 years before I retire then can just take off to anywhere. But for now we are just weekenders.

We put ours in an rv park near our favorite lakes. Pay monthly to have it there, the grab it to hit other lakes ir longer trips as we have time. Headed to the coast for salmon fishing next week, then Lake Havasu for a few weeks to wrap up the RV year.

• Like 1

If your college football fan, ask if there's RV tailgating. We have a blast and have met lots of friendly people. We rent a spot for the season, able to arrive at the University of Florida 6:30 Friday night and don't have to leave till noon on Sunday. Some universities have visitor spaces available, and / or free lots on a first come first serve.

Edited by Dennis N - 2005 Windsor

For me when one of my friends says meet me at the lake for fishing, i can meet him there and hang out in my own “appartment” an dont have to suffer, or road trips with my bride and SHE doesnt have to suffer or have me pull over at a rest stop in a hurry😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

If you have a Ram pu pulling your camper it's not a problem, may even be fun.   Pedal to the metal & hang on.  Family says I'm too old, phooey.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45022694/ram-trx-escape-from-burning-man/

th?id=OVFT.yaLJ2EFUj_VFC7gvL4ec1i&pid=News&w=300&h=186&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.2

HA!

Ever been dyeing for a pee for miles, finally spot a pullout, and as you get closer, start questioning whether the ground is firm enough 😧

Guest Ray Davis
1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

HA!

Ever been dyeing for a pee for miles, finally spot a pullout, and as you get closer, start questioning whether the ground is firm enough 😧

Oh yeah, wait until you get my age you go ahead, pull off, and take your chances.

15 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

If you have a Ram pu pulling your camper it's not a problem, may even be fun.   Pedal to the metal & hang on.  Family says I'm too old, phooey.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45022694/ram-trx-escape-from-burning-man/

th?id=OVFT.yaLJ2EFUj_VFC7gvL4ec1i&pid=News&w=300&h=186&c=14&rs=2&qlt=90&dpr=1.2

We had a race in FL where this was the scene (without the mountains).  I waited a day for the mud to dry out.  It was still "sketchy".

Weekend dirt bike racing.  This weekend, for my 70th birthday, we're headed to a race in NC WITHOUT the bike.  Mixed emotions, but I can't get my broken foot into the boot (yet).  I'm also the scorekeeper with all the equipment so my presence is "helpful". 

Next week is FL. 

- bob

13 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

Oh yeah, wait until you get my age you go ahead, pull off, and take your chances.

That’s what Gatorade bottles are for, no stopping required! 😂

Guest Ray Davis
1 minute ago, FLynes said:

That’s what Gatorade bottles are for, no stopping required! 😂

Okay, but I gotta drink it to empty the bottle and there we go again. 🧐  Not a bad idea though. 👏  I wonder if my DW would throw a book at me?  ROTFLMAO

You try it and let us know how it goes

6 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Okay, but I gotta drink it to empty the bottle and there we go again. 🧐  Not a bad idea though. 👏  I wonder if my DW would throw a book at me?  ROTFLMAO

You try it and let us know how it goes

I did it several times, when I had to move from California to Alabama in 1994, and the Army only gave me three days to do it. I tried it once in the motorhome, when traffic was bumper to bumper, but Brooke put the kibosh on it quickly with, “What the hell are you doing??? Stop that, put it away!”

Guest Ray Davis
1 minute ago, FLynes said:

I did it several times, when I had to move from California to Alabama in 1994, and the Army only gave me three days to do it. I tried it once in the motorhome, when traffic was bumper to bumper, but Brooke put the kibosh on it quickly with, “What the hell are you doing??? Stop that, put it away!”

That's really funny,  I can't stop laughing.    

56 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

We had a race in FL where this was the scene (without the mountains).  I waited a day for the mud to dry out.  It was still "sketchy".

Weekend dirt bike racing.  This weekend, for my 70th birthday, we're headed to a race in NC WITHOUT the bike.  Mixed emotions, but I can't get my broken foot into the boot (yet).  I'm also the scorekeeper with all the equipment so my presence is "helpful". 

Next week is FL. 

- bob

Bob, "Forever Young "  is just a motto for most of us but at 70 you're taking it literally, good going.  Did you break the foot racing?

22 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Did you break the foot racing?

Practicing, which is the same as racing but less structured and no trophy (bragging rights only).  With my buddies if we had mobility scooters we'd be racing those, too. 

- bob

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
22 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

With my buddies if we had mobility scooters we'd be racing those, too. 

Hey, why not, they race lawnmowers & those suckers are fast.