Samsung Residential Fridge parts search.

Lenny D
Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

Hello. We have a Samsung residential installed in our 2002 Monaco Windsor... Model #RF18HFENBBC .. The Flapper Door Cover with Mullion Heater, part #DA97-07661T has broken off its hinges (my wife fell into the door). She's ok, the flapper not so much. The hinges (3) are all broken. I can sort of put it in place by hand then shut the french doors. I'm fairly certain the heater is also still working as the wiring harness was not harmed.... Easy fix but I cannot find the part. I did order one from Genuine Replacement Parts .com but when it arrived it was the incorrect size. This was my fault. After discovering my error I went on a hunt for the correct size flapper. Mine measures 35" long, 2" wide and 1" deep ... Its correct part number is listed above. #DA97-07661T ... Every vendor I've gone to and or searched for list the part as 'Out Of Stock' or 'Discontinued by Manufacturer' ... I can probably call a local appliance repair shop and have a tech come over as I did when I needed a new fan and defrost sensor installed but the service call will cost me more than the part. . . I'm wondering if anyone knows of a vendor that might carry this discontinued part? .. I paid $150 for the wrong size part I received. I should be able to return it but there is a small restocking fee. No biggie. I just can't find the correct part. There are several others like the one I bought by mistake but they are the wrong length. It has to be no longer than 35" .... Any help is appreciated.  

4 minutes ago, Lenny D said:

Hello. We have a Samsung residential installed in our 2002 Monaco Windsor... Model #RF18HFENBBC .. The Flapper Door Cover with Mullion Heater, part #DA97-07661T has broken off its hinges (my wife fell into the door). She's ok, the flapper not so much. The hinges (3) are all broken. I can sort of put it in place by hand then shut the french doors. I'm fairly certain the heater is also still working as the wiring harness was not harmed.... Easy fix but I cannot find the part. I did order one from Genuine Replacement Parts .com but when it arrived it was the incorrect size. This was my fault. After discovering my error I went on a hunt for the correct size flapper. Mine measures 35" long, 2" wide and 1" deep ... Its correct part number is listed above. #DA97-07661T ... Every vendor I've gone to and or searched for list the part as 'Out Of Stock' or 'Discontinued by Manufacturer' ... I can probably call a local appliance repair shop and have a tech come over as I did when I needed a new fan and defrost sensor installed but the service call will cost me more than the part. . . I'm wondering if anyone knows of a vendor that might carry this discontinued part? .. I paid $150 for the wrong size part I received. I should be able to return it but there is a small restocking fee. No biggie. I just can't find the correct part. There are several others like the one I bought by mistake but they are the wrong length. It has to be no longer than 35" .... Any help is appreciated.  

Maybe here:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/145322047233?epid=19044060999&hash=item21d5de7701:g:k~UAAOSwoqdlEFoI&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4AWSGR3kJ9cQ7E4VN1jip5fSfvebKZf7Ncusotb3cScH%2B5z4NndH0gwsu7abyQHEYgkGoDmh%2FqXxjlw%2BZnOpsRXDTvp3AiL0M0lC4jqUkv%2B2KJ8wxkcPsyLiQlpWKwt2ty5utUPnroFUB54ZD8l%2FpBMZZUZYrd1ck%2BRyHV6Zi2Algk4059BSKuIY0ZXRrvwlQ2sb4MWZI04b9uFnPeA8YtioYjzevINTVYZstTBw%2Bhlv8qLwhF9F%2BNbB%2F74JadCRMosLLGXv6UbMkdTtmbOpKXmxxLpV1LZV4I5ZaWNwDeSV|tkp%3ABk9SR-SxmpnZYg

Thanks Barry .. I already have a 'message seller' in for this. I need to make sure the dimensions are correct. It cannot be any longer than 35" .. Apparently Samsung made several different length doors. There are several part #sDA97-07661 but they have different ending letters T, D, C .. etc.  Hopefully this one pans out.

Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Hey Richard .. Yes, I saw this as well .. I just need to make sure of the dimensions that were not listed. I messaged the seller. Fingers crossed. I assume a repair person would disassemble the flapper and fix/replace the broken hinges. That whole deal would end up costing me over $300 .. I'm hoping this one on Ebay is the right size. Its an easy peasy fix with the right part.

Thanks

This matches the top and bottom hinge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154214828243

DA61-03230B  Samsung Hinge OEM DA61-03230B

My bottom one broke and I 3D printed one which I installed on the top without the spring. I also ordered the one above and it is a match.

I’ll take a look at the middle hinge tomorrow

Paul

Edited by pwhittle

19 hours ago, tmw188 said:

I have some used parts for that model including boards and user control pad. A brand new defrost htr for the refrigerator compartment too. I’ll check on the door htr. You can PM me if interested. 

Thank you very much. I ended up ordering the part off eBay. It should fit .. If for some reason it does not I will definitely take you up on your offer .

We have had considerable issues with AC appliances in getting parts.  Apparently most, if not all manufacturers, are only keeping parts for 10 years.  Once your appliance reaches this milestone good luck getting anything electronic for it.  You may get hardware for a longer period.  We have trashed our GE laundry equipment when this happened in the last 2 years.  Equipment that otherwise was still in good working condition.  I am not happy.  Be advised...