Dryer Vibration

Jeff H

I don't think it can be solved 100%, it did it in my fifth wheel too. Lighter loads helps.

Mine walks just a little bit and every month or so I have to straighten it up in the closet.

Had an unvented splendide 7100 in the 5th wheel and have a splendide vented 2100 or 2000 (don't remember) in the Camelot and they both shook. 

We had a similar issue. In fact the unit would actually move around in the cabinet at times. I eventually pulled out the Splenddide, with the help of my brother-in-law as the unit is very heavy. It was sitting in a cabinet behind the toilet and off the floor. It turns out the floor was made of 3/4" particle board with vinyl wood grain shelf baper as a water barrier. Also the back edge of the floor was not supported. As a result and with general moisture the floor had warped or dished out. I replaced the floor with 3/4" treated ply and reinforced the support 1X1s that hold up the floor adding additional new screws. Lastly I added a 2X4 on edge at teh back of the floor for added support. While out I cleaned the cavity and replaced the water and vent hoses. I covered the floor with a solid vinyl piece that go a couple of inches up the what on each side and used a piece of 1" aluminum angle on the front and back edge. This might have been over kill but I figured while at it I might as well do it first class. Also, the Al front edge protected the vinyl while replacing the unit.

I did this about a year ago and have used the unit many times since then. While we get a bit of vibration when the unit spins it is from the chassis as the unit sits over the tail of the RV.

As a side note, Last month I replaced the Norcold 1200 and it too was mo the same type of particle board floor with 1X1" supports. How this held up all that weight through all that road travel for 18 years is beside me.

Both Splendides in my previous Windsor and now my Dynasty shake the coach when it gets to peak spin speed. It was more pronounced in the Windsor versus the Dynasty. The Splendide in the Windsor is anchored to the floor whereas the one in the Dynasty is not. The Windsor one was located adjacent to the closet at the very back whereas the one in the Dynasty sits over the rear axle. Always knew when my wife was using the Splendide.

Edited by Dr4Film

Jeff

You did not specify the age of your Splendide unit.  I had an older unit that exhibited those issues.  In frustration I took the cabinet apart and found a set of shocks and springs that supported and inhibited movement during spinning.  The shocks were totally worn out allowing the drum to bounce around and hit the insides of the cabinet.  I attempted to find replacement parts to no avail.  They were simply not available on that old model unit.  I fabricated rubber bumpers to minimize the movement and continued to use the unit until I eventually sold that motorhome.  Good luck in finding a resolution.

Richard

Also found that the "floor" was too flimsy.  It needed more sub support and a thicker base.  I also added a rubber floor (stall mat found at Tractor Supply).  Splendide also recommended making sure the unit was level.  Did it all, better but still know it's running!

Post a few pictures. Mine is anchored to the floor on the front but I dropped a plywood deck on top of the unit. It just fits side to side in the cabinet.

Then I lifted one side just a tiny bit, maybe a 1/8 th inch. While the board is lifted/tilted a tiny bit, I screwed a 1x2 along the low side. 

With another 1x2, and pressing down on the high side this puts pressure on the board. Before installing the board I used some anti skid material on top of the washer/dryer. This pressure locks the machine in place.

The shaking just reminds me of my home state of Calif. Rocking and rolling of course. 

• Haha 1

My Dryer is midship between the bathroom and the bedroom across from the shower.

There is a drawer under the dryer that I removed this morning.  The floor is plywood supported by 1" x 1"s.  Not the greatest but there is no sign of bowing or that the 1x1s have moved.  There is a "frame" at the back to support the drawer glides that has one screw in the floor that appears to have backed itself out.  This will provide a bit of support at the back of the cabinet but not significant.  I will refasten the screw (or maybe fasten for the first time??????) and think about how to brace the back of the cabinet a bit better,

I have ordered some anti vibration pads to see if that will help