Wet Bay Heating

I have a 2015 Dynasty and 2 of the last 3 years, the REMCO pumphead has frozen when the outside temp gets down around zero. I have a small 250 watt heater I put in there but it doesn’t seem to do the trick. Supposedly, the AquaHot serves a heat exchanger for this compartment as well as the basement but I have not found it or the thermostat to control it. My question is if anyone has found an insulated bag or cap to put on the pumphead or a better way of providing heat in the wet bay. I have seen some heated pads to put between the water tanks and maybe there’s some short heat tape that could be used but would like to hear your comments. 

Tom Gibbens

’15 Dynasty 

FWIW, my thermostat is behind the Manibloc, above the waterpump, hidden in the ceiling area. I discovered it by accident because some Monaco tech didn't hide it well enough.. On my old Dynasty which didn't have any heating below, I used a 100 watt trouble light to keep things from freezing. Now that incandescent lights are no longer available that may not be an option anymore. LEDs won't work.....Dennis

Page 86 of the 2015 Dynasty Owners manual shows a picture of the wet bay thermostat.  It says it's located next to the water pump in the service bay.  I would look above the water pump on the wall.  

Of course for it to work the Aqua Hot Diesel switch will need to be on and the corresponding Zone on the thermostat will need to be set to Furnace.  

Download an electronic copy of your owners manual here and do a search for thermostat.  

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/

image.thumb.png.3132c1c3365c11c6151ab79f8d9c5bf1.png

• Like 1

If you have a 120 VAC outlet nearby, I would purchase a decent small ceramic dual watt ceramic heater to place in the water pump area to keep the entire area warm.

Generally they are 900 & 1500 watt.

It should have a low/high/Auto setting where you can choose the level of heat you want to have there.

We use two of the older digital oscillating Lasko heaters for inside the coach when things get chilly.

I have two remote temp sensors in my basement, one is on the back side of the wet bay and the other is below the water pump which is the same bay as the manoblock water distribution system and piping.  I monitor them when temps start getting cold.  I was in UT & CO last week and temps got in the high teens but the basement compartments stayed +45F.   

I don't have an Aquahot but rely on a 300 watt 12 volt heater in the wet bay and I added 2 heating pads under my fresh water tank and one under the black & gray tanks.  I also installed a light in the bedroom that tells me the system heat is running, there is also a light in my display panel but I wanted to see the one in the bedroom when it really cold to make sure the system heat is coming on.  I have a propane furnace that also provides heat to the basement but I run in conservatively.

22 hours ago, vito.a said:

Page 86 of the 2015 Dynasty Owners manual shows a picture of the wet bay thermostat.  It says it's located next to the water pump in the service bay.  I would look above the water pump on the wall.  

Of course for it to work the Aqua Hot Diesel switch will need to be on and the corresponding Zone on the thermostat will need to be set to Furnace.  

Download an electronic copy of your owners manual here and do a search for thermostat.  

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/

image.thumb.png.3132c1c3365c11c6151ab79f8d9c5bf1.png

Slight correction.  The Aquahot does have to be on, and heating, but it doesn't necessarily need to be on diesel.  Depending on the temperature, and the Aquahot, the electric element(s) may be enough.  Also, the thermostat pictured is the corresponding thermostat, and controls the Zone (usually Zone 2), no matter how the inside thermostats are set.  At least on my Aquahot 600D.  Even if the Aquahot is turned OFF, when that basement thermostat gets below the set point, it will tell the Aquahot to start up the zone pump and turn on the corresponding cozy fan.  I found this when working on something in the bay next to the Aquahot, and heard the fan running.  I have confirmed this operation with Aquahot (again, at least for my 600D, although the tech didn't seem to differentiate models).  Since I often leave my coach stored in cold Colorado weather, I have installed a switch inline with that thermostat so it won't signal the Aquahot.  Just have to remember to flip it when you do want basement heat.

-Rick N.