CITY WATER WON'T FLOW.

VERMONTER
Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

Not to be snarky but did the park shut off the water? Assuming you have water flowing TO the coach, yes there is a one way valve behind that screen. Do you keep any water in your fresh water tank? We keep 1/4 tank for emergencies. If so, try using your pump to see if that works. The one way valve allows water in but not out so I don't think that would be your issue....Dennis

• Solution

I had that happen last spring when filling the tank before departure to boondocking place. The factory backflow valve fell apart internally and closed the inlet opening. On ours it was behind the wet bay cover,  looked just like an extension fitting with a spring and plastic plunger inside. Don't have a picture because I was pissed and in a hurry but it was behind the cover just above the hose hookup. 

• 5 months later...

I have a 2000 Dynasty with the same issue. On the road in Franklin Indiana. Was this  something you would trust a mobile RV guy to repair and where did you get the parts? how much time was involved. my fresh water tank is full and I have a new pump but no water pressure. Also no water going into the coach or tank. Tried the selection valve but ways 

thx

Tim

Viper04

cell 910-728-3662

txt please

Tried it both ways on the selector valve

• Like 1

Are you using an inline pressure regulator? If so, remove it.

is there a washing machine style washer with a screen on the inlet of the fresh water hookup hose?

Did you inadvertently tinker or change any of the valves on the Manabloc system?

With pressure on from the CG, Cycle or move the city fill valve from one position to the other.  Do that a few times.  Try that without pressure.

If all was working before you left, odds are you got some trash in the city/fill valve.  I use a washing machine filter washer on the inlet hose. I also keep a male plug on the hose.  Bugs and such will get in there…

A bad backflow valve would not, I think, prevent you from filling the tank.

Try the above first

Have done both. Freshwater tank is full. I was filling the freshwater tank and have a small leak in the spigot hose, my next door camper guy "did me a favor" by shutting off the water at the Rv parks spigot. 

After I explained the leak as ok,

I turned the RV park water back on and noticed no water going into my freshwater tank. 

this happened to me about 7 years ago. I did everything you 

recommended at that time and 

I gave up since I was at home with the coach. 

next morning gave it another try and it worked fine and has done so for over 7 years. 

I've got a mobile guy coming 

I do not mess with the monobloc system, no need to. 

thx

Tim

20 minutes ago, Viper04 said:

Have done both. Freshwater tank is full. I was filling the freshwater tank and have a small leak in the spigot hose, my next door camper guy "did me a favor" by shutting off the water at the Rv parks spigot. 

After I explained the leak as ok,

I turned the RV park water back on and noticed no water going into my freshwater tank. 

this happened to me about 7 years ago. I did everything you 

recommended at that time and 

I gave up since I was at home with the coach. 

next morning gave it another try and it worked fine and has done so for over 7 years. 

I've got a mobile guy coming 

I do not mess with the monobloc system, no need to. 

thx

Tim

My experience….something or debris is floating around.  The vibration of the MH fixed that.  Monaco didn’t provide too many plumbing diagrams.  I doenlaoded your manual.  NOPE.  You just have to find or see the various components and sort of trace the lines.  Lots of folks will draw up a schematic and then identify what each is…and google, if not familiar…and then figure it out.  

I can’t offer much more….

BUT tell us what was bad and how it was fixed.  That is how we all learn…

I had the same thing happen and it was a backflow valve at hose connection, totally stopping the flow. The plastic plunger disintegrated and its spring fell off it so that incoming water pressure would close it. It was behind the water bay cover and I was against the clock to leave the site and needed a full tank. I cut the valve out, replaced the pex line and now use a manual turn valve at the hose quick connection. I carry some pex and fittings so it wasn't a major problem.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:20 AM, Tom Cherry said:

Are you using an inline pressure regulator? If so, remove it.

is there a washing machine style washer with a screen on the inlet of the fresh water hookup hose?

Did you inadvertently tinker or change any of the valves on the Manabloc system?

With pressure on from the CG, Cycle or move the city fill valve from one position to the other.  Do that a few times.  Try that without pressure.

If all was working before you left, odds are you got some trash in the city/fill valve.  I use a washing machine filter washer on the inlet hose. I also keep a male plug on the hose.  Bugs and such will get in there…

A bad backflow valve would not, I think, prevent you from filling the tank.

Try the above first

Maybe a dumb question but I’ll ask. What is the manabloc system.

On 6/18/2024 at 11:28 AM, Ivan K said:

I had the same thing happen and it was a backflow valve at hose connection, totally stopping the flow. The plastic plunger disintegrated and its spring fell off it so that incoming water pressure would close it. It was behind the water bay cover and I was against the clock to leave the site and needed a full tank. I cut the valve out, replaced the pex line and now use a manual turn valve at the hose quick connection. I carry some pex and fittings so it wasn't a major problem.

Google it.  It is a HIGH END water manifold that allows you to individually shut off any particular line.  Instead of just a daisy chained look like you and I have....every source has a line running directly to it..  LOOK AT THE PICTURES when you Google.

It is used on the Dynasty and above.  You can download a 2008 Dynasty manual and go to the water section and there is a picture and explanation.

8 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Google it.  It is a HIGH END water manifold that allows you to individually shut off any particular line.  Instead of just a daisy chained look like you and I have....every source has a line running directly to it..  LOOK AT THE PICTURES when you Google.

It is used on the Dynasty and above.  You can download a 2008 Dynasty manual and go to the water section and there is a picture and explanation.

Thanks. I did google it and had never seen anything like the pictures in my coach so my next question was going to be where is it. Thanks for letting me know I don’t have one. Saved a lot of time and frustration.

Mine is located close to the water pump and fresh water supply since all the cold water has to go through it. 

Don't know which models it was installed in, my Windsor has it. 

It does come in handy, my wife is on a trip and one night she heard a drip drip drip near the washing machine.  She turned off the pump and the next morning I explained how to shut off the water to the washing machine.  Something I'll have to fix when she gets home. 

Edited by jacwjames