Xantrex rv 3012m inverter

Got a 2004 holiday Rambler. Navigator with a rv 3012M xantrex inverter. And the microwave and some other appliances make loud Humming noise when on the inverter... Getting 120 volts but my hz are reading like 745.63 [ this reading is wierd but heard that modified sine wave might not read right ]or 49% on my meter.. When on shore power or generator i'm getting 120 with 60 hertz or 59%.... Shouldn't the inverter Have the same as shore power..? 
Been this way since we got the coach 2 years ago..is this going to ruin the appliances..?  As it came with a residential frig from factory.. and most plugs are live when on the inverter.. been doing some reading up on the inverter and I'm pretty sure it's a modified sine wave and not a  pure sine wave, which would explain the Humming maybe..? But why wouldn't they put in a pure sine wave.. is the Humming hard on appliances..? My voltage is good even when using microwave.. 
Thank you for your input..?

I don't use the microwave off Inverter as it uses too much battery amps.  I'll start the generator.  

The only thing I've had trouble with on the inverter is a Space Saver Black and Decker coffee maker, the type you can mount under the overhead cabinet.  Actually installed two of them and they both failed after a short amount of time.  Resorted to a simple on/off type coffee maker. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Got a 2004 holiday Rambler. Navigator with a rv 3012M xantrex inverter. And the microwave and some other appliances make loud Humming noise when on the inverter... Getting 120 volts but my hz are reading like 745.63 [ this reading is wierd but heard that modified sine wave might not read right ]or 49% on my meter.. When on shore power or generator i'm getting 120 with 60 hertz or 59%.... Shouldn't the inverter Have the same as shore power..? 
Been this way since we got the coach 2 years ago..is this going to ruin the appliances..?  As it came with a residential frig from factory.. and most plugs are live when on the inverter.. been doing some reading up on the inverter and I'm pretty sure it's a modified sine wave and not a  pure sine wave, which would explain the Humming maybe..? But why wouldn't they put in a pure sine wave.. is the Humming hard on appliances..? My voltage is good even when using microwave.. 
Thank you for your input..?

This is one of the reasons I changed out my inverter to a Victron MultiPlus II. It's so much nicer having a hybrid inverter/charger.

I have been advising people for years to always run high amp drawing devices only with shore or generator power, never with Inverter power, whether it is MSW or PSW.

The best way to destroy those devices including your Inverter and House Battery Bank is not to heed my warning.

It only takes a few seconds to fire up the generator and a few more to have the transfer switch over to generator power. However it can be very costly to constantly use the House Battery Bank and Inverter to power high amp drawing devices.

There will be those that disagree so bottom-line, its entirely up to you as it's your coach, your money, your choice.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2024 at 8:34 AM, 96 EVO said:

I stopped running the microwave on MSW power for that very reason.

Whether it was harming it or not, I really don't know!

Me too. I also put a small dedicated PSW inverter in for the frig. I’ve had two res frig fail after about 5 yrs. that could be blamed on the MSW. 

On 4/7/2024 at 11:49 AM, Dr4Film said:

I have been advising people for years to always run high amp drawing devices only with shore or generator power, never with Inverter power, whether it is MSW or PSW.

The best way to destroy those devices including your Inverter and House Battery Bank is not to heed my warning.

It only takes a few seconds to fire up the generator and a few more to have the transfer switch over to generator power. However it can be very costly to constantly use the House Battery Bank and Inverter to power high amp drawing devices.

There will be those that disagree so bottom-line, its entirely up to you as it's your coach, your money, your choice.

I’m with you on that. Run the generator. 

X5 on not using an inverter for high amp items… crank the generator. With a PSW inverter I’ll use the microwave for up to 2 minutes without starting the generator IF the batteries are 75%+ SOC and good solar to charge them.