We don’t have any buttons on the steering wheel in our 2002 Diplomat... 🙁

And I really don't like taking my eyes (and more importantly my peripheral vision) off the road to find the correct switch on the side panel... 

So I added my own remote!

The Lights button turns on ALL THE LIGHTS!  

And the Horns button activates the airhorns on the roof.  They're loud, but nice have sometimes!

The remote is a Visonic.  They're not made any more, sadly, but sometimes you can find them on eBay...

Remote for the Steering wheel in the RV 1.jpg

Remote for the Steering wheel in the RV 2.jpg

How was that to wire up into the steering column and back to the switches?

What exactly does ‘all the lights’ consist of?

I could use a remote for my Dometic roof AC's 5 button thermostat . . . . either for temp adjustment or mode. 

Going down the road I can turn on the generator without much load but shutting the generator off while drawing 20A isn't advised. 

- bob

18 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

I could use a remote for my Dometic roof AC's 5 button thermostat . . . . either for temp adjustment or mode. 

Going down the road I can turn on the generator without much load but shutting the generator off while drawing 20A isn't advised. 

- bob

Get a Microair thermostat and control it all from your phone or tablet. That's what I do for all the AC units from anywhere. Switch to heat, cool, fan, set temp, whatever. It uses Bluetooth or wifi depending on distance.

8 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Get a Microair thermostat and control it all from your phone or tablet . . .

I really don't like the Dometic 5-button but for $250 I'll pull over somewhere!  Unless you're buying it for me . . . 😁 😁

- bob

I took a leap of faith and bought a Microair when I installed both AC's new.  I would have had to replace the 5 button anyway so the cost difference wasn't that bad.

The Micorair has some nice features and am very satisfied with the purchase.  

When boon docking in really cold weather I can just use the phone app to turn the furnace on.  

• Like 2

I had the same issue last month on a 2007 Dynasty, it was my clockspring that is under the steering wheel, I took it out, removed steering wheel and column cover and disconnected at base of steering column and from steering wheel, check continuity on the wires and they all showed good, put back in and some buttons worked so I new it had a back spot in it, ordered a new one and my issue appears to be fixed.

Edited by bryan browne