Room needed to turn wheels hard left

This may sound like a strange request.  I have installed a new steering box/gear and I jacked the front wheels off the ground to set the poppet valve limits before I move it or use it at all.  In order to do it I need to turn the wheels all the way to the left and then all the way to the right.  My garage is tight and on left side my wheel is 13.5” from the wall.  Does anyone know if that is enough room to turn the wheel all the way to the left side?

IMG_9232.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Won't know until you try.

Have two people, one inside turning the steering wheel and one outside watching the tire and the wall.

I’m not worried about hitting the wall but I need to be able to get full turn to correctly set poppet valves

According to my documentation, my wheels can turn 40 degrees. King pin is the center of rotation and is about flush with inner wheel sidewall. The outside center will move slightly back and in, giving you an advantage. Should be able to guesstimate from this info and tire size.

Just pull or back out of building if you think you are going to hit. Then turn it all the way both directions. I did not jack my front end when I changed to the the TRW to set the poppet without any problem.

Measure the overall diameter of your wheel, divide in half for the radius. Find the centerline of your tire footprint then measure out using the radius number you got and measure out how far it will turn. 

5 hours ago, Robert92867 said:

WHEELPROTRUSION.thumb.jpg.0caec107e22c05bc715390ca30b24569.jpgI had to lay this out many years ago to see if I could make a certain turn. 

That is great.  If I’m reading that correctly the tire needs 15” to turn all the way out.  I don’t have that much room.  I will have to let it back down and back it straight out of garage and jack it up in the yard.  Thank you!!