Ride Height for 2008 Camelot

Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone

I was checking the ride height on our Camelot and noticed inconsistencies between four corners and decided to adjust the valves. First I've started with the rear valves, left and right. I was doing this on a level ground, and after almost an hour of adjusting, testing and re-adjusting, I've got all four rear ride height measurements within 1/4 inch of each other. I put valid to manual, dumped the air, put back on drive, and it was still in-spec, so far so good.

Then I moved to the fronts but puzzled to see the curb side airbags were almost 1-and-half inch higher then the driver side. The driver side was exactly what it should be, same as rears, it was just the passenger side way off. I don't understand how 3 corners can be in-spec while the front-passenger side is off. It was getting late, I leveled the coach and decided to tackle it next weekend.

Any thought/suggestions on why front passenger side bags were higher while all other 3 corners were in-spec?

Thank you  

Edited by Ali-026

2 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Drive it around a little and then check again. 

Are you measuring directly on the upper to lower airbag mounting plates?

7 hours ago, klcdenver said:

Read the instructions in the owners manual. I know for the Diplomat you adjust the front first. Any adjustments on the rear effect the opposite front corner.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I did check the owners manual and there were no instructions on how to adjust the ride height or what the ride height should be. I believe this is the same for all Camelots 2007 to 2010 -no instructions in the manual. The last year of Camelot with instructions on how to adjust was 2006 which are posted in the image below. Even the 2006 owners manual did not mention ride height length. The only info I was able to find was in the "parts list" from Monacoer's web site -which was 8 13/16"

5 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Drive it around a little and then check again. 

Thank you James, I am planning to do that this weekend. I am hoping there was an error in my measurements. I will report back my findings next week.

3 hours ago, TomV48 said:

Are you measuring directly on the upper to lower airbag mounting plates?

Correct. I am following the instructions from the 2006 owners manual.

3 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Do you 'know' the surface is perfectly level, or it just looks level?

Yes, I did check the surface with a torpedo leveler and it was pretty level. I am going to drive around and re-measure this weekend.

1 hour ago, Doug and Nicki said:

do you have two valves in the front? my Dynasty only has one in the front.

one valve in the front and two valves in the back.

image.thumb.png.e3b2d527b073cf4f3dfd00f4400ba351.png

4 minutes ago, klcdenver said:

Here is a copy of the Ride Heights for Monaco's.

Thank you but I don't see Camelots listed under 2007, 2008 or 2009 -neither other side radiator models such as Dynasty, Exec or Sig:

image.png.dfeb48cb29011c85ccaaedbf6d8e6037.png

32 minutes ago, Doug and Nicki said:

do you have two valves in the front? my Dynasty only has one in the front.

Only one valve in the front. It sends air to the front bags. You have no control over side to side in the front.

3 minutes ago, Ali-026 said:

Thank you but I don't see Camelots listed under 2007, 2008 or 2009 -neither other side radiator models such as Dynasty, Exec or Sig:

image.png.dfeb48cb29011c85ccaaedbf6d8e6037.png

What do they all have in common............................ Air levelling!

There is an existing forum “Ride Height Adjustment 08 Camelot” you might want to look at it. It appears they never found it for 2008 but adjusted to 8 13/16”.  If you read in your instructions in step 6. It refers to doing the rear valves next. So it means do the front valve first. Not very plain.

5 minutes ago, klcdenver said:

There is an existing forum “Ride Height Adjustment 08 Camelot” you might want to look at it. It appears they never found it for 2008 but adjusted to 8 13/16”.  If you read in your instructions in step 6. It refers to doing the rear valves next. So it means do the front valve first. Not very plain.

MODERATOR NOTE.

Ken is correct.  It is a rule to do a title or subject search, prior to a new tooic.

@Ali-026

Ordinarily , your new topic, which is a virtual repeat of the other one, would be merged.  BUT….due to the age of that topic and the number of replies….as well as “the staff has a life, too” and we didn’t catch it earlier….this topic stands.

However, here is the old one….and as Ken says….the gist of the replies were in the old thread….not merging.

Please review this and get more information…. 

Please follow the guidelines for key word search prior to staring a new topic.  Thanks for doing that in the future….

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Happycarz said:

Once upon a time, I did have the spec sheet for the 2008 Camelot.

It is 8 13/16”, for both the front and the rear ride height valves.

If I ever get around to checking mine and it's above that 8 13/16", I'll adjust it to where you run yours! 

The driveway I park mine on has a slight downhill slope, so, with air levelling, it's not worthwhile checking it there!

Edited by 96 EVO

FWIW,

When I first tried to set mine using a tape measure it was an exercise in futility.  I finally took a piece of scrap wood and cut it to length so I could easily check and adjust with a quick go/ no go check with the stick.  In my case the rear is different then the front.