Monoco Windsor ‘02 leveling problem

kgflawson57

22 hours ago, Romeo84 said:

Niiiiice!!!!!! Thanks!!!! How did u get the threaded bolt out of the brass? Does it just unscrew?

It just unscrews, I’ll post back if the nitrous solenoid tool fits, once it arrives.   It was in one of the links in my last post.  I just realized it’s another thread...

Yes, the center part unscrews, there are two indentions the tool should fit into, you can also use two of the solenoid nuts in a jam situation to get them out, but some of those nuts are a little soft for that.

This latest service I went with brown orings, just to make sure I didn’t mix any up or miss any.   The old ones were black.  Just make sure you get everything super clean.

Here are some close ups of the pieces, there’s also a spring in each one that’s not in the pictures:

157C05B1-7378-4870-B3E8-19A9A6EF9CCB.jpeg

C3388F1D-D58B-42B2-A9CF-5CD06D0D77AA.jpeg

FEE7A2E4-8F39-44EB-A58E-460F4F646F18.jpeg

70ECE4DA-6EEB-41E9-9282-BF074C429B75.jpeg

76E82B03-6F3D-4F32-A9E6-4031CEB6DA4B.jpeg

Edited by granvillebarker
Added link to other thread.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info bud! Never seen the nitrous tool b4. I wonder if their was an actual tool for that. Totally used your pics to order from Amazon. Super ez!!! Thanks again. 

Add me to the "slow-leak" list too.  Recently replaced the two big ping-tank-to-airbag hoses on passenger side front.  That helped; now the leak down is slower.  My wife says she can hear a faint leak.  Did some dawn spraying yesterday; more spraying is scheduled as soon as weather permits later today.  I suspect leak is in line which feeds ping tanks; it's hard to see all of it.  

[Diagram from Monaco air-line book is confusing.  I'd expect to see lines from Ride Height valve to HWH-manifold but it doesn't show it that way.  HWH book shows lines from RH valve to one set of manifold ports, then on to airbags, but Monaco diagram seems to show wrong ports going out.]

image.thumb.png.c91abb51a647b234fa7d3a15c9556fbd.png

On 10/5/2020 at 7:28 AM, rpasetto said:

Add me to the "slow-leak" list too.  Recently replaced the two big ping-tank-to-airbag hoses on passenger side front.  That helped; now the leak down is slower.  My wife says she can hear a faint leak.  Did some dawn spraying yesterday; more spraying is scheduled as soon as weather permits later today.  I suspect leak is in line which feeds ping tanks; it's hard to see all of it.  

Dang, I don’t think I’ve ever checked those lines to the ping tanks, i will check them this week.   If a 2006 has leaks in them, I’m betting my 2005 is in the same boat.

19 minutes ago, granvillebarker said:

Dang, I don’t think I’ve ever checked those lines to the ping tanks, i will check them this week.   If a 2006 has leaks in them, I’m betting my 2005 is in the same boat.

Mine is an '05 too.  Spent a lot of time still looking for the small leak.  Airbags are staying filled, never go soft. Lines feeding the ping tank should be coming from the HWH manifold according to diagram from a few days back.  So it looks like the ping tank and hoses on the airbag side of the HWH block are OK.    

@Bill Groves explained to me how to force the two check valves closed by rapidly dumping the wet tank.  So testing with tanks separated, it appears there's a leak in something connected to the front tank.  Fittings at tank show no bubbles so I'm looking at six or eight possibilities like the air chuck, step slide, etc.   I'm still having trouble finding the Vac. Generator.  It's going to be tough finding it if there's a hole in the middle of an airline.  Search continues.

image.png.83381913fefba40f7fe4927a25971348.png

• Thanks 1

Guest Ray Davis

Rick ,  I doubt you have an air powered vacuum generator .   Monaco used those devices in the past but I haven't heard of them in a long time .                       I believe they were a metal box mounted on the firewall .   Most coaches use a small 12v vacuum generator mounted on the firewall .

I'm still having trouble finding the Vac. Generator.  It's going to be tough finding it if there's a hole in the middle of an airline.  Search continues.

Rick, my 2002 Windsor has an Air Vacuum Generator however yours may have a 12 VDC Vacuum Generator. Both will be mounted on the front of your firewall with a hose going to the Vacuum Reservoir.

You can see the air line going to the top of the vacuum generator in my photo.

Vacuum Generator.jpg

Vacuum Reservoir.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Rick, my 2002 Windsor has an Air Vacuum Generator however yours may have a 12 VDC Vacuum Generator. Both will be mounted on the front of your firewall with a hose going to the Vacuum Reservoir.

You can see the air line going to the top of the vacuum generator in my photo.

Vacuum Generator.jpg

Vacuum Reservoir.jpg

Wait what is that giant ball?? I have 1 as well. What is it for?

58 minutes ago, granvillebarker said:

What is the blue valve for at the bottom of one of your pics?  

I installed a small self-contained air compressor that sits on top of the storage area in front of my 7.5KW generator to supply air to our step cover. Our step cover is air driven versus 12 VDC powered. I did not want the small air compressor attempting to air up the large tanks so I installed a check valve in the line coming from the tanks to the step cover Mac Valve. Unfortunately after trying a few different check valves (which all leaked to some degree) I chose to install a Ball Valve  instead. When the valve is open I let the coach air system maintain air to the step cover. When we are parked I close the ball valve then use the small air compressor to maintain air for the step cover.

16 minutes ago, Romeo84 said:

So interested!! What is a vacuum generator even for?

The vacuum is used to open and close the various vents for the Dash AC & Heater such as floor, dash front or defrosters.

Guest Ray Davis
13 minutes ago, Romeo84 said:

So interested!! What is a vacuum generator even for?

Gasoline engines generate vacuum , diesels don't .

For yrs car companies used the vacuum to operate things like the doors that direct air in your dash HVAC .

When pickups started using diesel engines they didn't want to make a different dash HVAC system so they came up with a small elect 12v vac pump                Our coaches use that same technology for controlling ourA/Cs .

4 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Romeo84, in your Sig, the vacuum generator should be just under the vacuum reservoir in Front run bay just like ours.

It is but I have no idea what it did.