Where is the Sub Woofer in a 2005 HR Scepter/Camelot? What's under the table?

The Monaco electrical diagrams show a left and right front speaker, a left and right rear speaker, a center speaker and a subwoofer in my coach.  I can't find the subwoofer.  But some electrical diagram from some related coach showed a subwoofer in a cabinet under the table, but when I look inside one of the cabinets under the table there is a sealed off, built in metal box (maybe 14"x14"x6") inside of it, and no storage space.  The other door under the table is just shelf storage.  The box sure doesn't look like any subwoofer I have ever seen, and it is hard to believe it is a subwoofer.  It doesn't woof (make noise), either.  It has no outlet on it's smooth visible face, but does have an upward facing small opening on the upward facing surface.    So, does anyone have an idea what the box is?  Is it a nonfunctional woofer with no sound outlet on its face?  See attached photo.

maybe a woofer 20201004_222856.jpg

6 hours ago, daveyjo said:

The Monaco electrical diagrams show a left and right front speaker, a left and right rear speaker, a center speaker and a subwoofer in my coach.  I can't find the subwoofer.  But some electrical diagram from some related coach showed a subwoofer in a cabinet under the table, but when I look inside one of the cabinets under the table there is a sealed off, built in metal box (maybe 14"x14"x6") inside of it, and no storage space.  The other door under the table is just shelf storage.  The box sure doesn't look like any subwoofer I have ever seen, and it is hard to believe it is a subwoofer.  It doesn't woof (make noise), either.  It has no outlet on it's smooth visible face, but does have an upward facing small opening on the upward facing surface.    So, does anyone have an idea what the box is?  Is it a nonfunctional woofer with no sound outlet on its face?  See attached photo.

maybe a woofer 20201004_222856.jpg

That is your sub-woofer. I took our's out to free up the space for storage. We weren't using it and took out the RCA system that it came with years ago. We replaced the old RCA system with a modern DVD player with an HDMI output and use the television for the sound. Some are into the big sound but we are more concerned with understanding the dialect. I have hearing issues and use a separate wireless system for my sound and the wife listens with the soundbar. That way we each can have our own volume control. 

10 hours ago, Bob Nodine said:

That is your sub-woofer. 

To add a little detail, that is a Sony NON-POWERED subwoofer (mine looks exactly like yours right down to the little "L" brackets).  The original entertainment system had a subwoofer amp built in.  If anyone has changed the entertainment system out, they likely didn't reconnect it, as many newer home theater receivers have preamp level subwoofer outputs instead of speaker level subwoofer outputs.  

My 2006 Diplomat originally had a Sony entertainment system with DVD and VHS. That was replaced with a Samsung system, but that system was designed for 3 ohm speakers, and the speakers in my coach are 8 ohm.  This resulted in very low volume levels.

I replaced the Samsung with a Pioneer home theater system, but have yet to decide whether to purchase an amp for the existing subwoofer, or purchase a wireless powered subwoofer to replace it - and then find a place to put the new subwoofer (as it undoubtedly will not fit where the existing subwoofer sits!)   

I removed the unit under the table and it is indeed the non-powered subwoofer.  I had a River Park sound management box that connected the JVC dash radio to the speakers, but no receiver anymore to drive the River Park and make it do connections.  I can't figure out what wires fed the subwoofer from the RiverPark yet.  My dash radio (a replacement, I am sure) has a subwoofer out jack so if I can figure out how to connect the JVC subwoofer out to the rca rtd250 subwoofer, maybe it will work?

9 hours ago, daveyjo said:

I removed the unit under the table and it is indeed the non-powered subwoofer.  I had a River Park sound management box that connected the JVC dash radio to the speakers, but no receiver anymore to drive the River Park and make it do connections.  I can't figure out what wires fed the subwoofer from the RiverPark yet.  My dash radio (a replacement, I am sure) has a subwoofer out jack so if I can figure out how to connect the JVC subwoofer out to the rca rtd250 subwoofer, maybe it will work?

Dave,

If your coach is anything like ours the sub-woofer and the left front, right front, center front, right rear, and left rear speakers are all wired to a connector behind the entertainment center. With the exception of the woofer all the speakers are in the ceiling. These make up the surround sound speakers and can only be used by connecting them to a Home Theater System or suitable amplifier. Our radio has a dedicated set of left and right channel speakers, two above the windshield, two in the center of the coach, and two in the bedroom. These are separate from the surround sound speakers. We use those but are not currently using the surround sound speakers. Our television has a sound bar. I toyed with installing an amplifier to use the surround speakers but decided against it.

Here is a schematic of our Audio and Video connections as they were from the factory. Don't know if this will be any help to you but it should be close to yours.

2006 Diplomat A-V Diagrams.pdf

Edited by Bob Nodine

We had a cubical powered woofer next to the driver's seat in our '13 Discovery.  The corners started tearing the seat material so I removed it and replaced it with an 8 in. self-amplified tube speaker.  Works great and takes up no useable storage space.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tube+woofer&cvid=275cda00699d4a0dbed99b2246ac599a&pglt=547&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS

Indeed I have figured out that my subwoofer is /was under the table in the cabinet.  Thanks to all for the information.  It turns out that the subwoofer was powered by the Riverpark switch box in the side cabinet above the driver.  That in turn was apparently controlled by the RCA Home Theatre system.  The home theatre system was removed by a former owner.  Therefore, I had nothing to tell the RiverPark controller what to do.  Also, the RiverPark controlled the sub-woofer and front center speaker, which no longer were driven by anything since the RCA Home Theatre was gone.  So I tossed the subwoofer and hooked up my JVC dash radio (also replaced by former owner) to the remaining speakers in the coach, putting the left front and front center together.  At least now the speakers work.  My next challenge is connecting the TV to the radio input.

On 10/6/2020 at 5:49 AM, Bob Nodine said:

Dave,

If your coach is anything like ours the sub-woofer and the left front, right front, center front, right rear, and left rear speakers are all wired to a connector behind the entertainment center. With the exception of the woofer all the speakers are in the ceiling. These make up the surround sound speakers and can only be used by connecting them to a Home Theater System or suitable amplifier. Our radio has a dedicated set of left and right channel speakers, two above the windshield, two in the center of the coach, and two in the bedroom. These are separate from the surround sound speakers. We use those but are not currently using the surround sound speakers. Our television has a sound bar. I toyed with installing an amplifier to use the surround speakers but decided against it.

Here is a schematic of our Audio and Video connections as they were from the factory. Don't know if this will be any help to you but it should be close to yours.

2006 Diplomat A-V Diagrams.pdf 94.85 kB · 11 downloads

Thanks for the files, Bob.