Aqua-Hot Reset Button

Ron P., 2004 Monaco Executive 

I recently had my Aqua-Hot furnace and water heater serviced.   It was working fine and now it's not.   I have looked high and low for the electronic controller but can't find it.   Does anyone have a Monaco Executive,  2004 and knows where it is located?

Its in the last basement bay inside just beyond the water pump..  But, there is a stainless steel enclosure around the Aqua Hot.  Remove the top half of the enclosure.  The controller is clipped to a bracket on the pump.  

To remove the enclosure you enter the next bay forward, passenger side and side a divider back 

Edited by vito.a
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, powersltc said:

Ron P., 2004 Monaco Executive 

I recently had my Aqua-Hot furnace and water heater serviced.   It was working fine and now it's not.   I have looked high and low for the electronic controller but can't find it.   Does anyone have a Monaco Executive,  2004 and knows where it is located?

Have you called the technician that serviced your Aquahot?

Do you have adequate fuel in your coach to run your unit ? 

What doesn't work?

Electric or diesel side ???

21 minutes ago, powersltc said:

I see the technician on Tuesday.  I was trying to figure out before hand.

Tank full.  It is not firing up.

I have always carried one or two extra burner controllers with me. Referred as, silver boxes by some. 

Plus fuel filters and nozzles 

Ask if you can observe the technician and ask him questions as he works on your

Unit. You will learn tons. 

Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

Was using mine this weekend and noticed fuel dripping out through. Drain hose.... yup shut that thing down real quick. Anyone ever have a fuel leak b4..  gotta tear into it when I get home. 

I agree about the access. The storage compartment has a slide door that gives full access on my 2000 signature 

2 hours ago, Romeo84 said:

Was using mine this weekend and noticed fuel dripping out through. Drain hose.... yup shut that thing down real quick. Anyone ever have a fuel leak b4..  gotta tear into it when I get home. 

I agree about the access. The storage compartment has a slide door that gives full access on my 2000 signature 

Yes

Could be a few thing's 

Pull your burner motor and see what's leaking. 

When I purchased mine, someone had stripped the nuts threads on the banjo fuel lines to the pump and created a leak.

Misfiring will create a leak. 

Check your fuel pump and connections. 

Mine was in dire strates back then, 15 years ago.

So I sent the burner to Roger Burk for a complete re build and a great education 👍

$800 & a 3 day turn around time.

Several great youtubes available also.

We have a 2005 Executive so things might be different. A couple of thoughts:

Do you know the model number of the Aqua-Hot? You might have AHE-100-02S or AHE-100-03S depending on the build date. There could be differences in the control scheme, and where to find things, between the models. Ours was built April 2004 and had the 03S.

Did you have the 12VDC power off for any reason lately? The 03S model has a “Low Voltage Cutoff” circuit that drops out when 12VDC drops below ~10.5 volts (low batteries or turned off).

8 hours ago, John Haggard said:

Yes

Could be a few thing's 

Pull your burner motor and see what's leaking. 

When I purchased mine, someone had stripped the nuts threads on the banjo fuel lines to the pump and created a leak.

Misfiring will create a leak. 

Check your fuel pump and connections. 

Mine was in dire strates back then, 15 years ago.

So I sent the burner to Roger Burk for a complete re build and a great education 👍

$800 & a 3 day turn around time.

Several great youtubes available also.

Thanks man! How do I find this roger burk? Lol 

17 minutes ago, Romeo84 said:

His website and forum website were discussed last week.

He also has great prices on parts and tec help available 😀👍

Someone will chime in with what you need if you can't find a recent aquahot thread 

4 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

His website and forum website were discussed last week.

He also has great prices on parts and tec help available 😀👍

Someone will chime in with what you need if you can't find a recent aquahot thread 

Try

Google search

Roger Burke.com  home 

Edited by John Haggard
More info
  • Like 1

Aqua Hot Parts and Service.

John Carrillo Aqua-Hot Parts - https://heatmyrv.com/

1 hour ago, Romeo84 said:

Aqua Hot Parts and Service.

John Carrillo Aqua-Hot Parts - https://heatmyrv.com/

• Like 2

My 04 windsor has a panel next to the unit in the basement. There is a very small reset hole on it . Takes a small stick or whatever will go in and push the button behind the panel. Any time the power is totally turned off (battery and shore) you have to reset.

Just wanted to throw out what I experienced recently with my Aqua-Hot that took me by surprise.

I had mine serviced end of March this year in preparation of spending the summer/fall in New Hampshire. Once back to our home in Flagler Beach I made sure to have just the diesel switch on to make sure that it would cycle on and off correctly. It worked flawlessly except for a few occasions where I had found the diesel switch light off. However, I discovered that it must have faulted upon shut down, not startup. Normally the diesel will fault for many different reasons upon startup. Each time I recycled the switch the light remained lit up and the unit did not attempt to start. So I haven't figured that one out as yet other than maybe the control box is causing it to happen. More on that later once I have determined the cause.

So here's what happened on my trip from Florida to New Hampshire. We were staying the night at a Cablela's in East Hartford. When we got up I noticed the Aqua-Hot light off so recycled the switch BUT this time it wouldn't fire. Attempted a handful of times but nothing. Started the generator up to make coffee and use the microwave. After a few minutes I tried the Aqua-Hot switch one more time and the Webasto fired right up. Plus it has been working flawlessly ever since then.

I now believe that the voltage in my House Battery Bank was too low to allow the coil to create a strong enough spark across the points to fire the burner. However I have my RC7-GS Auto-Gen start set for 12.0 DC which I thought would have been plenty of voltage to keep the Aqua-Hot running correctly.

Possibly my house battery bank is getting weak or maybe I need to set the AGS to start at 12.2 VDC not the 12.0 VDC that I have currently.

One other point I would like to throw out is my brother has a oil burner in his house and tells me that the gap on his points are set much closer together than the standard gap used on the Webasto. Has anyone tried a closer gap setting on the Webasto points?

Richard,

I think you’re spot on regarding the house battery voltage dropping enough to prohibit the Aquahot from igniting.  

When we went to Florida this winter we stopped in North Carolina and spent the night in a Hobby Lobby parking lot.  I have never used the AGS on my generator, but figured this was a good opportunity to see how well it worked.  I looked at the manual to see what the settings should be.  It indicated the default start voltage was 11.0.  I thought this was too low, but thought that the manufacturer knows what is best.  Well, I woke up around 2 AM and it was cold.  The Aquahot diesel light was off.  I turned the switch on and off and the burner ignited and all was good.  

When I got up in the morning the Aquahot was off again.  I attempted to started the generator and it just clicked.  I hit the battery boost button and it fired right up.  I ran it  until the batteries fully charged.

Reading the Aquahot manual, it is very clear that you need at least 12 volts for the igniter.  If the voltage is low, the low voltage circuitry disables the ignition and you have to either hit the reset button or turn the switch off and back on.  What I think happened in my case was the battery voltage was probably right at 12 volts.  I think the residential refrigerator compressor energized and temporarily drew the battery voltage below 12 volts.  At the same time, the Aquahot attempted to start and did not have the 12 volt minimum, so it went into fault mode.  When I got up at 2, the voltage must have been at or above 12 volts, so the Aquahot fired up.  

Of course, I have no way of proving my theory, but it’s the only thing that I can think of as to why the Aquahot went into fault mode.  I don’t know why the Magnum manual has a default starting voltage of 11.0.  The generator will not start at 11 volts.  I think I will change the starting voltage to 12.1.  The manual indicates that if the voltage drops to, or below the starting voltage for 2 minutes the generator will start.  I think this will allow some tolerance for the Aquahot to be “happy”.  In the meantime, I might try to see if I can determine how much the voltage drops when the refrigerator compressor kicks on.

Dan