HWH Repair Costs

Bill C

I just wanted to share my experience. 

I went through the great "600 air level svc manual ml19048" (this is for my system, it will vary for other models I suspect) troubleshooting the issue. Once it was determined that it was the control box I called HWH, received a repair order number, sent the box to them, and in about 2 weeks the control box was sent back all fixed, and it only cost me $113. This included the 4 little electrical parts that they replaced.

This was certainly a lot cheaper than buying a whole new system, and my system was too old to find a replacement control box.

I was always wondering about how I would be able to fix such an old system, but thankfully HWH is still supporting systems like my 2000-2001 10 air bag air ride and air leveling system.

Hope this info is useful for others.

• Like 4

I also sent my HWH control module and dash panel into HWH.  They are great! 

i now have the new digital level sensor and after setting it up my system works great.  

Fast turn around and more than fair costs.  

They get busy, so hang in there if you need to call.  

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, CinBob said:

Looks like we'll be sending our ram cylinders from the front slides in for rebuild. We're being told it's about an 8 week turnaround. About the same time to deliver new ones. Guess we'll be parked for a while. 

Isn't there a hydraulic shop in your neighborhood?  I had mine rebuilt the same day by a local shop for what it would cost to ship them one way. There is nothing special about them, in fact these are just baby cylinders compared to what they work on for construction companies and farmers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/26/2021 at 12:07 PM, Ivan K said:

Isn't there a hydraulic shop in your neighborhood?  I had mine rebuilt the same day by a local shop for what it would cost to ship them one way. There is nothing special about them, in fact these are just baby cylinders compared to what they work on for construction companies and farmers.

As Ivan said, there is nothing unusual about these cylinders.  Any competent hydraulics shop can repair them.  One near me replaced all the seals in my generator slide hydraulic cylinder while I waited.  Took about 30 mins.  $20  That was for parts only but they installed the rod seal in the end cap for me, since it took a special tool to "fold" the seal before installing it.

Lippert = Dometic = schmuck customer service + second-rate product quality + third-rate design quality.  Virtually any Dometic or Lippert product is going to give trouble and technical support will be virtually non-existent.  Standard tech support answer: "Please contact one of our HIGHLY TRAINED dealers for technical support."  Yeah, let me know how that works for you.  Been there, done that.

In some  foreign language  Lippert means junk. But the rv mfrs. like bring able o deal with one supplier. Lippert is the mfr. of all the frames for those cheap travel trailers. The frames bend and break.  Lippert supplies everything from frames and slide outs to mattresses.  It is comical that they are called Lippert Engineering