Entry Door Grab Bar

The entry door acrylic grab bar appears to have what looks like fiber optic tubes running thru it. It looks as if it would light up but doubt that it is anything like that, and maybe more to do with the fabrication of the bar. The rear engine door handle is the same way. Did these have an option to be illuminated? 

Edited by tmw188
Content

I can tell you that I put a short section of LED light strip (3 LEDs) in the bottom handle housing and wired it to the chassis batteries and it lights up the acrylic bar nicely, full time if the batteries are connected....

I used the bottom because of more space, but the top may be better to keep the strip of LEDs out of any moisture...

Ken

32 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

So then was it a option for a lighted bar? My grab handle for the rear engine access has the same machining in it, so that leads me to think it’s not really there for a light but sure works well for it?

My door handle lights up, never paid attention to the grab bar for the rear engine access. 

Mine lights up when I turn on the step and entry light switch, guess they suspect it only needs to be on in the dark. Had to replace it due to a crack. Replacement is not always an exact fit . do not like drilling any new holes. My light is in the top be sure to seal it. It is wired to the entry lamp wiring./ simple job. Mine reads MONACO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, tmw188 said:

I found them, but need to call to see if I can just get the light assy only?

See a few on AMZ that I’m looking at.

I’d doubt it. Your best best is a auto electric shop in town. Man some days I really miss radio shack 

Guest Ray Davis

If you can solder go buy an  LED clearance light at Walmart,  take the bulb out and solder it in your handle.   It'll probably last forever.

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Todd,

The last one I installed was from Amazon. Because they are LED, they usually last a long time. Mine is on usually 24/7/365 because it is on the same circuit as my outside Entry Door Motion Light I have installed.

https://tinyurl.com/ec26uhbe

BTW, my LED is in the TOP of the handle.

I have it pulled out as shown in pics above. I found one on AMZ, same one you posted I believe. I don’t know why it has to be such a exotic bulb assy on a circuit board though. 

Edited by tmw188
Punctuation

Being we’re on the topic of lighted grab bars; our 06 Dynasty D4 has an interior & exterior lighted bar. Both have been working flawlessly until a week ago. Now neither light. Anyone know where I’d find the fuse to see little buggers? Figured I’d start there! Thanks