Interior door panel bunching up.

Mine entry door has the same problem, no idea why. I plan to address it when I open up the door to adjust the latch mechanism. Not even sure how until I look closer. There is so much bunched up in the upper forward corner that I may have to remove some.

I had the same issue and I took the vertical trim off the door which also allows access to adjust the door latch and lube it well. I found that using contact cement you can smooth the material as best you can then replace the trim insuring the material is under it when tightening. Don't forget to reseal the seam with appropriate silicone to avoid this problem down the road.

That's a little bizarre how it crept up like that.  Likely remove the phillips screws from the window frame perimeter and pull it down to straighten.

I assume that's vinyl and not plastic?  If so, it should pull out.  Looks like the vinyl has gotten mashed near the door striker.  Is there a bezel missing from around that area?

I’m not sure if there’s anything missing on that door strike or not. I’m going to take the window covering and the strike panel out I need to lube the door also so I’m going to try and get it all done at one time. I just can’t get over how it’s bunched up all of the top like that. Thanks for the help guys.

Don

My 09 Knight is plastic. Can’t see how it can do that unless a lot of heat would basically melt it.

Both my 04 Navigator and my current 06 look like that also. I tried to smooth out the material on the 04 using a heat gun and iron (very carefully) and if was better but not great. I think some glue is probably needed to help hold it in place. But I think it's going to be tough to get the now wrinkled material to lay flat again. 

16 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Donflem, Remember when you take out the indoor window frame, there is nothing holding the window in place. Push on it and the window will pop out. Were those phillips screws original? I know on my 05 Ambassador, all screws are square drive. They sure look like phillips.

Gary 05 AMB DST

I’m not sure about screws,thanks for the heads up about the window.

I had the same problem years ago on my 2003 Signature. I removed the window, stretched the vinyl or whatever it is back to remove all the humps, very carefully cut out the excess and glued it back down and replaced and sealed the window, again very carefully. I know where the cut is where I removed the excess but anyone else would have a hard time finding it. The vinyl has stayed in place since.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same problem.  We are going to try and use heat to flatten it out.  Thanks for the heads up on the window falling out.  3M may have some adhesives that are stronger than contact cement and will give you a little working time to get things just right.  Past experience with contact cement is sometimes it is completely stuck the moment it comes in contact with no chance of removing or adjusting.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty