Rooftop AC Cover?

Icondirect.com was recommended to me at the "gathering"... They sound like they are made of better (thicker, more durable) material than the one I bought on Amazon.  I was ok with the Amazon quality... but also hope to not have to replace the cover again.... might have been worth the price difference to go with Icon, if I had known about them...

Ken

Get the ones at Icondirect as they are indestructible and will last forever. Unless you forget to secure them correctly. Make sure you select the vented ones which come with the vent holes on one side for the Penguin covers.

• Like 1

Now comes the very “green” new RV owner question.  Why should I have AC covers?  I can think of some obvious reasons like protect from the sun and weather.  But are there other advantages if my coach is in covered storage?

1 hour ago, Bill R said:

Now comes the very “green” new RV owner question.  Why should I have AC covers?  I can think of some obvious reasons like protect from the sun and weather.  But are there other advantages if my coach is in covered storage?

If you really aren't using it, it is only protecting it from elements but if you need to run it, it is absolutely needed to chanel cooling air where it needs to go, through the fins and not around them.

Edited by Ivan K

It's not really an optional piece. It's a permanent cover that screws on the top of the unit and cover all the internal part. And as Ivan said it also helps direct air where it needs to go.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.   Now I feel even greener.    Because I misinterpreted this post thinking it was about temporary covers that you put over the hard shell cover.  I believe I am on track now.  

• Like 1

Someone posted here to make sure we order the "vented ones." Do all covers have the vents? Is there a difference between vents or no vents? Also, It seems that if you order on Amazon the product is from iondirect and is cheaper than if you ordered from the iondirect website.

You don't necessarily need the side vent holes in those covers. While they would allow easier air flow through the condenser fins, I personally opted not to have them because where we go, we always run into a dust storm and I believe our solid covers minimize the exposure to blowing sand and all units work just fine without the holes. I had to replace one cover, got an Icon from Amazon and it is really so much better than the originals as far as the solid feel and flexibility without cracking. Your choice.

1 hour ago, Cubflyer said:

Ivan,

I can't find the ICon brand ones on Amazon.... can you post a link please?

Ken

Yep, Tony's link is exactly what I bought in 2020. Fits our original units from yr 2000. I think to remember redrilling the mount holes, not sure anymore.

1 hour ago, nyrngrz said: