Diesel leak up front on 1999 Monaco. We r camping 3 days and it just started. We did fill up right before. Is it safe to drive to next stop 2 hr away

We’ve been camping for three days we filled up our RV with diesel fuel right before the campsite two days later as of now we have just noticed a small leak upfront it’s Good Friday can’t reach anyone going two hours down the road to Lebanon Tennessee will it be safe to drive

36 minutes ago, Terryjean said:

We’ve been camping for three days we filled up our RV with diesel fuel right before the campsite two days later as of now we have just noticed a small leak upfront it’s Good Friday can’t reach anyone going two hours down the road to Lebanon Tennessee will it be safe to drive

Just for info, what engine, and any pics? 

I have over filled my 2004 34 Cayman, If it’s warm  the fuel will expand and come out the tank vent. If it’s not a lot you just got the tank too full. Just like I did. If it’s not really running out I would say go ahead and run it. If you run the generator a Bit and run the tank down it should stop. 

• Like 1

It is up front I don’t have pic it night but in morning I will. Good idea about generator wish I thought of that. Thank you everyone. I will try and look under  it is just dripping   Terryjean

It’s a little back near the leveler

I had a leak one time after I filled up.  What I found was the rubber gasket on the fuel fill cap was missing.  Where I had parked was not level and the fuel was dripping out the fill pipe.  Hope your problem is as simple as mine.

JJ

John J

2002 Monaco Signature

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terryjean said:

It is up front I don’t have pic it night but in morning I will. Good idea about generator wish I thought of that. Thank you everyone. I will try and look under  it is just dripping   Terryjean

It’s a little back near the leveler

Right behind the leveler is where the tank vent is. If it's that it should quit after you use some out of the tank. If I recall correctly it's about a 1 inch rubber hose.

the most likely point of this leak is on the generator... mine leaked at the seal of the electric fuel pump. my generator was an old constant speed 7.5 , yours maybe a quiet diesel meaning the fuel would be coming from a different point in the genset. 

Hi everyone. Thank you all for all your help . It was a loose clamp on a hose. Called repair shops near rest stop no one could help with a possible tank leak .  There was a truck mechanic at the stop we asked him to look at it and he found the clamp was loose and tightened it for us all was well. So thankful that he was there I don’t know what we would have done it’s amazing I think God was looking out for us to have that mechanic right where we had stopped. 

• Like 4

If you filled your tank just before stopping to camp, the leak may merely be from expansion. The fuel is stored underground at the station. The fuel might have expanded in your tank when exposed to the warmer air, causing the tank to overflow. I made a mess of my driveway when it happened to me.

• Like 1