2004 Monaco Signature Windshield Wiper Retro Upgrade Kit

I need to replace one wiper arm but am not able to find a new one.
I have been in touch with a vender "BJ's RV and Marine Parts and Accessories" who is a dealer for the newly sold "Wiper Technologies". It appears that they may be able to make a retro upgrade kit for around $695. Apparently includes everything. He is presently verifying that it can be made. I am leaning this way as I am very cautious about another wiper malfunction on the road. I am quickly learning that being ready ahead of time is the best defense. In that regard, the help I get on this forum is very valuable. My thanks to everyone.

My alternative is to buy used wiper arms from Visone, buy uplinks, buy a spare set of blades and try to locate a new motor.

If anyone has a parts list and or diagram for the original "Wiper Technologies" that would be a very big help. The guy at BJ's had me take a picture of the kit number as listed on the wiper motor.
Thank you in advance for your help.

2004 Monaco Signature Wiper Kit Photo.jpg

2 hours ago, Lee Smith said:

I have been in touch with a vender "BJ's RV and Marine Parts and Accessories" who is a dealer for the newly sold "Wiper Technologies". It appears that they may be able to make a retro upgrade kit for around $695. Apparently includes everything. He is presently verifying that it can be made. I am leaning this way as I am very cautious about another wiper malfunction on the road. I am quickly learning that being ready ahead of time is the best defense. In that regard, the help I get on this forum is very valuable. My thanks to everyone.

My alternative is to buy used wiper arms from Visone, buy uplinks, buy a spare set of blades and try to locate a new motor.

If anyone has a parts list and or diagram for the original "Wiper Technologies" that would be a very big help. The guy at BJ's had me take a picture of the kit number as listed on the wiper motor.

Lee, previously I bought a wiper arm for the RV from a boat parts store online. I'm sorry but I couldn't find any information and I don't remember who it was. It was a replacement arm with the washer tube clamps on the arm. There is someone out there that has our wiper arms. The price was in my thrifty life price range. I'll keep looking.

Gary 05 AMB DST

• Thanks 1

Lee, I'm confused by your original post. Do you just need an arm or is motor defunct. 

I may have a used/good wiper arm for my 2003 HR Scepter. The new blades can always be made (with a small bit of inginuity) from many brands still sold.

My Scepter is a split windshield but that shouldn't matter if your motor and motor linkage is good. 

Get me some good pictures and measurements (don't think part numbers will help) (arm length, pics of arm connection to coach, etc.) and we can try to match things up.

-Jamie

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OhReally said:

Lee, I'm confused by your original post. Do you just need an arm or is motor defunct. 

I may have a used/good wiper arm for my 2003 HR Scepter. The new blades can always be made (with a small bit of inginuity) from many brands still sold.

My Scepter is a split windshield but that shouldn't matter if your motor and motor linkage is good. 

Get me some good pictures and measurements (don't think part numbers will help) (arm length, pics of arm connection to coach, etc.) and we can try to match things up.

-Jamie

The RV is currently in storage at an RV Park while I get my driveway entrance expanded. I expect to have it home in about a week. I will then post pictures and measurements. 
I like your ideas and offer to help.
No, the motor is fine. I just want a spare. Since having wiper problems on the road is such a challenge I want to be prepared.
Thank you very much.

4 hours ago, dleeadkins said:

All my questions about my “wiper technologies” kit were answered by the customer service at Rome Truck Parts. I would give them a call.

http://rometruckparts.com/

I will contact them.
They certainly have a great web site to help identify the parts.
Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

Success:

I was starting to follow a path to purchase a complete retro-upgrade wiper kit from a Wiper Technologies Vendor which was quoted at $750. Fortunately for me that hit a roadblock when they asked for pictures of the installation location and then informed me there was a motor mounting conflict with the dash AC system. I say fortunately because Kristin at Rome Truck Parts was able to get all of the parts I need to do a complete rebuild with the exception of the wiper motor which I was able to get from Veurink's RV Center. Of course, I did not purchase the motor mounting hardware as nothing was wrong with the original on my Signature.

I received the parts and have installed the replacement wiper arm, but I am holding off on the complete rebuild for now. All of the parts appear to be correct but when I do install them, I will complete this post.

Following is the Rome Truck Parts Invoice which lists their part numbers and pricing, a link to the Veurink's RV Center wiper motor, which when received I noticed it was an OEM with the original part number, and a parts list for a 2003 Monaco Signature (I apologize for not crediting where I got this, but I lost track). The 2003 list is actually a MCC 2002 WIN CHAS -Wiper Kit but the post I copied it from said it worked for the 2003 Signature. That statement does appear to be correct but the wiper kit number as listed is different. Probably the motor mounting brackets as all of the parts do work on the 2003 and 2004 Signatures. 

Anway, I feel extremely fortunate to have received such great help on this forum. 
Thank you to everyone who helped me out.
Lee Smith

Rome Truck Parts Invoice .pdf

12V Wiper Motor 4 pin for motorhome windshield wiper assembly I 159100-7370 I 09302946 I 10107182 (findmyrvparts.com)

2003 Monaco Signature Wiper Assembly.pdf

I need to add a follow-up to include wiper blades.

I had wanted to switch to a Wexco# 13732 as it does appear that Wexco does a good job with the wind resistance issue, but Rome Truck Parts was out of stock on the Wexco and recommended a Sprague C-2487 - $30.47. I researched the Sprague, and it looks like a very good blade, so I ordered a set yesterday. Here is a link to the Sprague blade:

C-2487 | Sprague Devices (sprague-devices.com)

This parts list you posted is the same as what I have for my 2002 Windsor.  I download this from the Monaco site back in 2010 when they left the dealer site open, I downloaded about 100 pages of parts for my rig.  Most of the time I can use the vendor part number to find what I need. 

• Thanks 1

I ordered and am installing a whole replacement wiper assembly from Wiper Technologis for our 2005 Signature.

Everything is better about the new assembly:

• larger motor
  • larger gearbox
  • larger spindles
  • more rugged spindle mounting plate
  • Rod ends vs rubber bushings
  • new heavy duty arms
  • new 32” wiper blades
  • 6-point washer nozzles per arm
  • new washer fittings through the front cap

It has not been a trouble free install

• the spindle holes need to be opened up for the new 1” spindles
  • I had to remove 1/4” from the spindle mount (cut and weld) as the spacing did not match the original
  • I had to flip the rod end mounts to the spindle arms so it wouldn’t foul the body

The price was less that’s the shopping list above, but it took a few months for them to fill the order due to supply chain and some medical issues on the Wiper Techology team.

Compare that the the $200+ I would have had to spend on just replacement arms, and it was a simple decision to make. Even with the installation issues, I would not hesitate to do it again.

Paul61648232-F2C6-4F0D-9B9D-B7CF2C58EE28.thumb.jpeg.0b19a02725f79978aa7d9e2274abd440.jpeg4619BDE8-9859-477F-A4CF-3C2E0D3D867C.thumb.jpeg.5bdd62b2a57f6d1cb38e9156999d4394.jpegB05C48E2-A619-4B16-BF22-32B0B39DBFAC.thumb.jpeg.260b9928af432d4f4d77f32d0609cd57.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2022 at 2:34 PM, Lee Smith said:

I have a 2004 Monaco Dynasty and called Monaco and ordered replacement wiper arms from them in January 2022.  

• 1 year later...

This is an old thread, but I thought I would start here rather than starting a new one.  I had to drive back in the rain two weekends ago and the wipers worked, but really seemed to be very sloppy.  The driver side made a slapping noise when at the top.  The passenger side had an area that the wiper blade didn't even touch.  That was not an issue for me as I was not looking through that part of the windshield, but the wife sure didn't like it.  Thank goodness it was not raining hard and just had them on intermittent... otherwise the slapping sound would have driven me crazy.

Is there any adjustment or something to check on these?  Did these work well originally and mine are just worn or out of adjustment?  Not really sure where to even start on this. 

21 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

My wiper blades did behave similarly sometimes when caught in the wind at highway speeds. Changed to 28" Michelin blades and no more. Not a noticeable difference in my view area at all. Plus the size is available everywhere. 

There are other manufacturers, competitors of course, that sell new arms for the OEM A&M Equipment Systems.  They were a major, if not the predominant Wiper systems for Monaco in the early in 2000’s to late 2009/10.  They, using, their test methods feel that the 32” arms were not strong enough nor should have been used for blade lengths in excess of 28”.  A & M bought all the arms and blades from Anco, who had two plants in NA.  One in the upper Midwest and the other in Mexico.  I worked for Anco’s parent company and visited those plants frequently.  Anco closed both and then was spun off and all products are imports now.

Anco actually had a design error and dimensional issue with the J hook.  A&M is now supplying replacements that are offshore.

I replaced mine, or actually A&M did gratis after I discovered the error and their new offshore blades would not work, or snap in, to the OEM arms….they may have modified the clips to fix that.

I personnaly, like Ivan, have switched to 28” blades to reduce the stress on the motor and linkage….even though I have new arms.  Assume you have tightened the arms….as the blades get older, the UV damage can cause them to “skate” and be ineffective.  You might just invest in a new set of 28” and see if that fixes it.  Unless you are filming CineMax wide screen movies, the lower and upper coverage loss does not interfere or impair vision or is a safety concern.

I replaced the blades a couple of months ago, but had not had a chance to actually drive in the rain.  I don't remember the length I used, but will check.  The arms are tight as best I can tell.... it just seems to have a lot of sloppy movement when they go across the window and then make a slapping sound on the drivers side when it gets to the end of its movement and starts back down.  Is there a way to adjust how far they travel? 

12 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I replaced the blades a couple of months ago, but had not had a chance to actually drive in the rain.  I don't remember the length I used, but will check.  The arms are tight as best I can tell.... it just seems to have a lot of sloppy movement when they go across the window and then make a slapping sound on the drivers side when it gets to the end of its movement and starts back down.  Is there a way to adjust how far they travel? 

If your arms mount like this, you can pull it off the splined cone and re-position. Can't change the arch but move it up or down that way. If they are just loose and don't bite, the cone is avaliable, for ours at least, as long as the arm hole isn't just too worn out.

20231128_182058.jpg

• Like 1