Anyone running Centramatic's

96 EVO

Josam's installed Balance Masters on my steers when I switched out the Badyear G-670 Tires for Toyo Tires. I will have a set put on the drives when those are done next year, 2023, followed with a set on the tags the year after that. 2024.

5 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Totally a personal choice. They both do the job.

Agree, I had Balance Masters put on the steer and drive wheels a few months ago.  I did this after one of my steer tire lead weights came loose and propelled itself 2 inches into the bottom of the chassis.  No damage fortunately. I had all lead weights removed from all tires and installed the Balance Masters. 

The one thing I did learn about the difference in Balance Masters and Centramatics is that the Balance Masters uses liquid Mercury as the balance media.  The Centramatics use small steel shot balls. 

Just FYI, not a commercial.

Guest Ray Davis

58 minutes ago, Bill R said:

Centramatics use small steel shot balls. 

Centramatics was on the steer tires when I bought the coach.  No problems in the 10 yrs I have had them.  Eventually I suppose my balls will wear out.

1 hour ago, Bill R said:

Agree, I had Balance Masters put on the steer and drive wheels a few months ago.  I did this after one of my steer tire lead weights came loose and propelled itself 2 inches into the bottom of the chassis.  No damage fortunately. I had all lead weights removed from all tires and installed the Balance Masters. 

The one thing I did learn about the difference in Balance Masters and Centramatics is that the Balance Masters uses liquid Mercury as the balance media.  The Centramatics use small steel shot balls. 

Just FYI, not a commercial.

Feel any different?

Smoother, worse, same?

25 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Feel any different?

Smoother, worse, same?

Before I added the Balance Masters the ride was fine as the steer tires were already balanced.  But I do feel as though there is a bit of an improvement through out varying speeds.  These are "dynamic" balancers and will keep the wheels in balance at different speeds as well as when the tires begin to wear.   A great upgrade for me as I think they are well worth the investment.

• Thanks 1

I had always used beads up til my last tire purchase, and was never completely satisfied.  When I put new steers on a couple years ago at Josam's, I had Barry install Balance Masters at the steer and the tag.  Then when I replace the drive and tag in a year or so I will have him install Balance Masters at the drive.  So far even with beads still in my drive tires the ride is noticeably smoother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1