Borg Dually Valve Stems

Dr4Film

Purchased our current 06 Dynasty last February. Flew to Salt Lake City to drive it home the beginning of March. Brought a Pressure Pro TPMS with me for the 3000-mile drive back to Florida. I had the shop in SLC install solid extenders on the inside duals as there were none which would have made it impossible to install any sensor on the valve stem. As posted previously last springtime, when installing the TPMS sensors I immediately had problems with the extenders but managed to get back to Florida without any tire pressure problems.

Our trip from New Hampshire to Florida this month I had one inside dual tire leaking air slightly which required me to pump it up each morning before getting on the road. Once home I called the Borg shop in Tujunga CA to order a set of their Dually Valve Extenders. I also had them send valve stems for the tag axle as those are pointed in the wrong direction making it a real PITA to check air, install air and deal with the tire sensor. 3 days later I had them in my hands. Josam's installed new front tires and valves stems back in April of this year. The only difference is those are not polished chrome like the ones from Borg.

Great people to deal with and very helpful too.

Bottomline, I absolutely hate ANY valve stem extensions as they are an accident waiting to happen.

I HIGHLY recommend Borg Dually Valves Stems to everyone on this forum. By the way, I had them installed on my previous Windsor back in 2010 when I had 6 new tires installed prior to leaving CA and Full-Time traveling. Not one problem in the following 12 years I owned the coach.

Your Tire Shop Supply | Supplies for Tire Shops

Borg Dually Valve Stems-1.jpg

Borg Dually Valve Stems-2.jpg

Old Tag Axle Stem.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Comments…..  I too. have the Borg stems.  Been using them since 2012.  I use the Pressure Pro TPMS.  Was talking to Frank McElroy.  He uses the PP TPMS.  Being an innovative DIY, he changes his own tires.  He says that his Dynasty wheels with their “special” Monaco HOLE cutout allows him to, with great adeptness and precision, actually screw on and use his PP TPMS sensors on the “inners”.  For whatever reason, my 2009 Camelot does not the proprietary Monaco Cut out.  Accurride told me that their agreement or whatever ran out or Monaco did not want to pay the additional cost of setup for the non standard cutout or hole.  Since I have the Borgs, it is no big deal.

I do not balance the rears using a speed machine.  I did have, freebie, the last set bubble balanced.  BUT due to the longer extension, the inners could not be balanced on the dealers equipment.  Don’t know if they, with the longer stem, would work on different types or designs of balancers.

So, I rely on the PP system.  I remove the batteries at the end of the season.  Frank, I believe, does that also….maybe more frequently….but says it is no big deal to get the PP TPMS sensor on the inner wheels on or off….

6 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Do you have a picture of the tag with new valves? Your last pic is from before, right?

just received the stems in the mail yesterday. Won't be installing the ones on the tag axle until I have the steer tires installed this winter sometime. I will post a photo once they are installed.

2 hours ago, Rocketman3 said:

That looks interesting…

can you show a complete picture of it now installed. 

thanks

As stated above, the dually stems won't be installed until early next year during the winter here in Florida.

Once installed I will post a photo for you or maybe someone else that already has a set of dually stems installed will post a photo for you.

Sounds to me that Frank must have rubber arms to get to the inner valves … just joking.

I put extenders onto the outer wheels and these have worked very well and without issues. We bought the coach 8 years ago and the tires were replaced at the time. The inner wheels had flexible valve extenders and ons started leaking during 2021. A year ago we again put on new tires and at the time I replaced the extenders with new steel braided extenders. I understand the concerns about the flexible extenders and at the time there was not an alternative.

I will provide a photo tomorrow of the extenders. I have TST sensors on the wheels and have not had an issue with this configuration. 

The only issues have been the leaking valve extender I mentioned and the beads in the steer tires getting into the valves (what a PITA).

As Richard stated above, the valve stem extenders are an accident waiting to happen. As far as balancing beads getting into the  valve stems, check tire pressure with the valve stems as close to the 12 o’clock position as possible. Also, give the valve stem a shot of air to clear any balancing beads from the valve stem before checking air pressure. Once you get the routine down, really not a problem when checking air pressure. This has worked really well for me with the dully valves and my Tire Minder sensors. Hope this helps.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:37 PM, Martinvz said:

Sounds to me that Frank must have rubber arms to get to the inner valves … just joking.

My middle 3 fingers are long enough to reach the inner dual tire stem through the hole in the outer dual wheel.  Takes a bit of dexterity but with 3 fingers I can remove and replace the pressure pro tire sensors even on the inner dual without extentions.  Been doing it that way for 15 years.  I think that I only dropped a sensor once.

IMG_20190412_231823.jpg

IMG_20190412_225915.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:52 AM, Ivan K said:

Do you have a picture of the tag with new valves? Your last pic is from before, right?

Few years ago, I had to have a tag tire patched due to a nail in the tread. Asked the guy why he didn't rotate the stem to point out, and he muttered something that he couldn't do that :classic_blink:!

Made no sense to me as my outer drive wheels have the valve stem facing out!

54 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Few years ago, I had to have a tag tire patched due to a nail in the tread. Asked the guy why he didn't rotate the stem to point out, and he muttered something that he couldn't do that :classic_blink:!

Made no sense to me as my outer drive wheels have the valve stem facing out!

Yeah, I can see how it keeps the stem safe inside the dish so I wonder how the Borgs are different, maybe just shorter? 

16 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Yeah, I can see how it keeps the stem safe inside the dish so I wonder how the Borgs are different, maybe just shorter? 

Haven't measured them but my Borgs on the outer duallies look like the same length.

I also have pressure sensors on them, and they have never moved!

Edited by 96 EVO
  • Like 1