Lamp, not a switch

Gary Petersen
Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

Sealed?  Bwahahaha!

I've taken mine apart, I just don't remember how.  If you pry it apart and replace with an LED internally you'll need a current limiting resistor. 

Replacements are usually LED anyway (internal resistor). 

- bob

As LONG as this is NOT the switch, and just the pilot light, the JR one in the first post will work.

Remember…LED, Neon, Incandescent……it don’t matter,  it is a PILOT or Indicator lamp.  Just make sure you pick a 12 VDC one.  We have had folks that used 120 VAC lamps……and when they did not work, they started “experimenting” with wiring and such as created a mess and caused some expensive repairs.  

If you can’t find a snap in replacement, the the 1/4” or so hole and a tiny 12 VDC Led is a simple fix….as long as it comes on when the pump switch is ON, that’s all you need.

FOR some reason, Amazon’s link or hyperlink is not working.  Put the following in the Amazon Search box.

RV Designer S361, Indicator Light, Red Light, Black Base, DC Electrical

The one above is a twin to the JR, except you get a choice of colors….see the screen shot below…

Good Luck.

43923DBF-35EA-450E-8E8D-04DDAE914BD1.png

3 hours ago, Russ R said:

Ivan K how did you replace the bulb? Aren't they a sealed unit?

No they are not sealed, I just replaced the bulb yesterday. If yours is Sigma, then push on the marked area and green cover will come out. You will see the bulb there, it is not even soldered, you just remove it and put a new one in.

s-l1600.jpg

3 hours ago, Russ R said:

Ivan K how did you replace the bulb? Aren't they a sealed unit?

No they are not sealed, I just replaced the bulb yesterday. If yours is Sigma, then push on the marked area and green cover will come out. You will see the bulb there, it is not even soldered, you just remove it and put a new one in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ali-026 said:

s-l1600.jpg

Where did you get the bulb???