Outside tv

Motox559

This may not be the right place for this but here goes anyways. To start off I have a 09 diplomat 41SKQ. We spend a lot of time at motocross tracks and watch a lot of motocross races on tv so we want to add a tv outside. I have a storage compartment that is small and has plug in but the very next one is wider but very short inside. My question is what is above the wood inside that short compartment? It is directly below the rear furnace vent, I just don’t want to run bolts into the plywood if there is the potential to mess something up. 

Would you be interested in mounting it on the outside on the bay door or the sidewall without drilling any holes? This what use for a 32” tv. I bought it at the Tampa Show last yr it is basically a pump suction cup like the glazers use. There is a bracket that attaches to the tv and it hangs on the cup. Requires a clean FLAT surface. Move it put it where you want. 

AC118171-3115-406F-B291-27EDAC53F5EB.jpeg

56EC52BF-A808-4818-A645-117185BD6A65.jpeg

Edited by tmw188

Post a picture please.

We have a 2008 Endeavor SKQ so should be a sister ship. 

The small compartment you refer to with the outlet is where mine has the option for a third tv. There is actually a coax connection there for it.

As for the cabinet to its left, and below a furnace. That is the water and sewer bay but the actual access is on the opposite side on the drivers side.

IF you have access to that area someone or the factory decided to make it so. Mine did not come with a factory latch so I had to invent my own.

The space is very small but it is obvious it is the water bay backside area. This is below the bathroom and the furnace.

I would be very wary of drilling into anything above. There is a mound of wiring and plumbing above that area in mine.

I would need to look at my tv compartment again but there is definitely a metal wall that would support a tv. Not a huge one because of the dimensions of course. 

My only thought on this was someone using a tv on an outside table and not one permanently mounted. 

Access to the water/sewer bay on passenger side is accessible by removing the screws on the bottom of the door. Lay on the ground to find them. I replaced the screw with (creating a description, hopefully you'll understand) a "spring latch". Bingo! Look up spring latches on Amazon. You'll need a way to keep the door open. These new skinny tv's should fit.

Gary 05 AMB DST

5 hours ago, myrontruex said:

Post a picture please.

We have a 2008 Endeavor SKQ so should be a sister ship. 

The small compartment you refer to with the outlet is where mine has the option for a third tv. There is actually a coax connection there for it.

As for the cabinet to its left, and below a furnace. That is the water and sewer bay but the actual access is on the opposite side on the drivers side.

IF you have access to that area someone or the factory decided to make it so. Mine did not come with a factory latch so I had to invent my own.

The space is very small but it is obvious it is the water bay backside area. This is below the bathroom and the furnace.

I would be very wary of drilling into anything above. There is a mound of wiring and plumbing above that area in mine.

I would need to look at my tv compartment again but there is definitely a metal wall that would support a tv. Not a huge one because of the dimensions of course. 

My only thought on this was someone using a tv on an outside table and not one permanently mounted. 

I will post a picture when I get home in a couple hours. It is very short in height but mor-ryde has a slide out style tv mount the will work for this application nicely. I have propane plumbing in the “tv” cabinet and a mini fridge so I was looking at other options. There is a plastic cover not allowing me to see above the plywood so I may open that up and see if it’s possible to mount the tv in there without hitting anything vital I just wasn’t sure what was in there. 

2 minutes ago, Motox559 said:

I will post a picture when I get home in a couple hours. It is very short in height but mor-ryde has a slide out style tv mount the will work for this application nicely. I have propane plumbing in the “tv” cabinet and a mini fridge so I was looking at other options. There is a plastic cover not allowing me to see above the plywood so I may open that up and see if it’s possible to mount the tv in there without hitting anything vital I just wasn’t sure what was in there. 

Look for the COAX.  I caravaned with a HR dealer (he was general manger).  He left his TV cover off one night and a flash rain zapped it.  He said he knew better and rain was the number one threat to outside TV….and that Monaco was getting grumpy back then.

I have NO IDEA if TV’ have improved and there  may now  now be “ADVERTISEMENTS” for waterproof flat screens, but I know neighbors with outside TV’s in porches or covered patios the report a high failure Rate….

All I remember is the comments from the HR dealership.  He retired and had 5W and two different MH’s and is still a stickler for closing and buttoning up each night….

Here is the compartment I am referring to. It sits just barely under the awning but it would work perfect for what I’ve got here. I was planning on drilling a hole between the two compartments to get the power through and using a grommet to protect the wires. 

5F396271-E40C-4505-9780-37F5FD3A6766.jpeg

259A1B95-1DBB-4991-97B3-AAB469DD141D.jpeg

8 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Access to the water/sewer bay on passenger side is accessible by removing the screws on the bottom of the door. Lay on the ground to find them. I replaced the screw with (creating a description, hopefully you'll understand) a "spring latch". Bingo! Look up spring latches on Amazon. You'll need a way to keep the door open. These new skinny tv's should fit.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Sorry, I didn't realize what platform I was talking about. Totally different from mine. DUH!

Gary 05 AMB DST

So update, I was able to get it mounted in the big bay, it wasn’t where I initially wanted it but after looking and doing more digging the mount I ordered wasn’t going to fit where I wanted it. A little dark but it’s on and working. Thanks for all your input. 

656EFFB5-98F3-4F36-88AC-EEFDC7E74E7A.jpeg

When we first bought our coach it had the older analog TV's which I later upgraded to LED type.  In the bedroom I made an extended swing out type mount that had a quick release feature, I think I actually found it at big lots, nothing fancy but the price was right so I bought two.   We use the area behind the TV to store paper towel and toilet paper so it's good use of space.

Later, after seeing others with outside TV's, I looked how I might be able to mount one outside taking advantage of the quick release mount in the bedroom.  In the large bay furthest back on the passenger side there was a connection for a coax TV connection and outlet.  There was a wooden type box in the upper left corner which held the cabling as it was routed down from the house area.  I removed the box and decided to add a telescoping type system, I had a female/male section laying around so I used it and then used double set of hinges to give me the ability to swivel the TV left or right.  I then mounted the TV female portion of the mount on the swivel hinge.   I can pull the TV out ~12" from the compartment.  When not in use the whole mount just slides back in and I can close the door.  Can't leave the TV hooked up to close the door but it works.

Now if I decide I want to watch TV outside (which is not often) I can go get the TV out of the bedroom and move it outside and put it in the mount.  Pretty easy and the price was right. 

Here are a couple picture of my cheap home made mount 

I just have to remove the TV from the bedroom, drop it into the holder, hook up the antenna and plug it in and I'm good to go.  Using the paired hinges gives me the ability to swivel left and right.  I used large rivets to mate the two hinges together and screws to attach it to the tubing.  It has a button that stops it when you pull out the mount, have to depress it to push it back in.  Not sure where I got the tubing but when I kept it I probably figured I could use it for something😁

Basement mount.jpg

TV mount stowed.jpg

• 5 months later...