Cruise control issue

Go to solution Solved by Thomas,

Good evening everyone, I am having an issue with cruise control.. Everything on the smart wheel works fine except cruise, I have done all the smart wheel diagnostic tests, and the module passes. The light on the dash works as it should as well.. I have done some other tests on the cancel switch's on outside firewall and I am getting 4.75 volts through both switches. and when brake pedal is pushed it drops to 0 volts on the outgoing terminal to module.. So I am assuming switches are working correctly, However is the 4.75 volts to low..?  Where does this 4.75 volt feed come from..?  And also I can not find the relay that is for the cruise in the FRP This relay sends power to the ECM when cruise is activated. Does anyone have a picture or a location of this relay..   Any ideas would be great, Been working on this for a while now.. I have also taken dash apart to make sure no wires were rubbed trough and grounding anywhere as I heard that was an issue as well with the 2 wires going to cancel switches..  Thinking that this relay I'm looking for might be the gremlin..

2004 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45'

Detroit 60 series 

Thanks 

Thomas 

I have done the tests that are listed for the smart wheel. I am assuming that with all the functions and the tests passing for the control module, that the clock spring is functioning correctly.. I'm not aware of any other tests that can be done ..?  I think I might contact intellitec Monday to see if they can point me in the right direction for this relay I'm looking for, being that they are the makers of all the circuit boards..  

I had the same problem took it to a shop they found the brake switch unplugged or loose... my symptoms started working intermittenting  sometimes worked fine then while driving  would cut out and not set then would set... I thought so.ething was getting hot... Finally it quit once and for all 3000 miles away from home 🏡 

The whole problem was around the brake switch... all good.

• Like 1

I have the parts page for my brake pedal and shows the brake switch pn as SM-1C-5R1WP205

This is a Nason switch that was made for Monaco so it won't show the switch on their web site https://www.nasonptc.com/products/switches/low-pressure/sm/

But you could find a similar one and use your wiring harness to connect.  The website has a configuration tool, if you can decipher the above part number you might get lucky and find what you need. 

I remember a post on IRV2 a couple years ago, the individual was having the same problem, I tried to go back and find it but no luck.  Ultimately he found that the previous owner had tried to attach a wire for a tow brake harness and that was the problem.  But I did try and find a new switch with no luck but found you could find similar ones. 

jacwjames

I got 2 switches ordered from a distributor of nason. $36 each.. Not sure if these are the problem but for that price I will replace them anyway, I have sent the control module to M & M RV electronics along with the steering wheel buttons and PCB #3 in the front run bay to be tested to see if any of them are bad..  I have been chasing this gremlin for months now so hoping that one of them are bad, (Have already replaced control module once but maybe it was bad from the place I got it) otherwise I have a wiring issue.. Think I am going to replace the engine brake on/off switch as well just to eliminate on more thing..

Just my two cents worth; The two Nason Pressure Switches on the firewall for the brake pedal are different internally. One will be a normally closed (NC)switch that that is part of the cruise control circuit. You also have several other switches that are necessary for the cruise control to function which includes the park brake switch, engine brake?, ABS/traction control.

The other Nason Pressure Switch is a normally open (NO)and activates the brake lights only and provides no cruise control function

The parts page I have for my coach only lists one part number so I guess if I ever have a problem I'll have to try and remember there might be a difference.  Based on photos of other post I know that my wiring/system is different then other coaches, specifically the high coaches above my model.   My wiring diagram shows two switches of the both same type.

I went ahead and attached a file showing the treadle valve wiring, it will be blurry when you open it, hit CTRL5 to clear it up.

I will not pretend to know how it works. 

2002 Windsor Treadle valve wiring for cruise cancel.pdf

Edited by jacwjames

Flyinhi,

Here is the picture of my switches the top ones are for the brake lights and the bottom ones are for the cruise cancel 

The part number from the Nason website is SM-2B-5F QC Approx $35.00 each from one of their dealers 

From Rev Parts their number is Marson 10119027 $135.00 LOL

image.thumb.jpeg.c61df39c0828bcc3acedd92e1613f1ca.jpeg

Ronnie,

You can copy and paste this website address and then look up dealers near you then give them a call and they can order directly from Nason 

On this page you can basically build the switch you need if you don't have a part number 

https://www.nasonptc.com/products/switches/low-pressure/sm/?_gl=1*48d2zi*_up*MQ..&gclid=Cj0KCQiAx6ugBhCcARIsAGNmMbg8AE9l0xFVJpiDs92dRszJ_2C9_JmfevI7xp68QcCnJ713wpYKJKIaAlWpEALw_wcB

Let me know if that works !!

I ordered mine from the dealer below in Ca.

Nathan Stalioraitis, Inside Sales

5370 South Watt Ave, Suite 300

Sacramento, CA 95826

Controlled Motion Solutions, Inc., MFCP Company

800-532-8837 phone

800-370-0447 fax