New to me last Sept 2005 HR Nav Zero air on passenger side

Rboss22

Hi all,

Last fall I purchased our HR Nav 45’ DD 60.  It was fine when parked late Sept of 22 after driving it home from KY to MN.  We finally came out of our deep freeze here in MN and I decided to fire the old beast up to day.  Cranked and started in under two seconds😎.  Bumped up the idle and went about my examination of how it survived a very brutal winter, it is under cover but open sides.  I watched it build some air on the left gauge, the right did not move.  So the driver side fully aired up, the passenger side never moved.   

I am hoping the old gal just needs a little more time to thaw out and will pop right up, i could not hear any audible air leaks but I was listening over th e sound of the DD 60 so IDK.  

Pointers on where to start are very much appreciated, again brand new coach to me so I have a very steep learning curve.  

Any central MN owners that would be interested in showing me around this amazing rig, I will pay for your time if need be.  

CAF8E42B-2C13-4BAD-AB84-316ABD6525CD.jpeg

4F6603D4-A6FA-4684-8B74-CDC8ACE5202F.jpeg

014D9047-C18C-4483-BD31-57A2F14F00AF.jpeg

1271D67D-1CF4-48AC-9F70-80099CF40A4D.jpeg

Hi Bob, 

I’m Don, I’ve got an ‘05 HR Nav, too. I had an issue with my airbags letting air out of the right side when parked for more than a week. I believe there is a valve that separates the 2 sides and my mechanic changed it out and I’ve not had the problem since. You might have the same problem. As far as the gages, the air IS the left one, the right one is your turbo boost pressure. Keep an eye on the right one while climbing grades. Don’t let it peg, ask me how I know…I blew the turbo boot cover off mine in N. Idaho and had to get towed. Don’t do that either…I’ve had mine almost 4 years and have had lots of issues, but lots of fun, too. If you want send me a text 925-784-5165. I’m in NorCal. 

1 hour ago, donbouv22 said:

Hi Bob, 

I’m Don, I’ve got an ‘05 HR Nav, too. I had an issue with my airbags letting air out of the right side when parked for more than a week. I believe there is a valve that separates the 2 sides and my mechanic changed it out and I’ve not had the problem since. You might have the same problem. As far as the gages, the air IS the left one, the right one is your turbo boost pressure. Keep an eye on the right one while climbing grades. Don’t let it peg, ask me how I know…I blew the turbo boot cover off mine in N. Idaho and had to get towed. Don’t do that either…I’ve had mine almost 4 years and have had lots of issues, but lots of fun, too. If you want send me a text 925-784-5165. I’m in NorCal. 

Thanks you sir, I am really will be trying to locate said valve and tap on it gently.  I am holding out that our deep freezer just ended and she just needs to warm up some.  I will keep you posted and thanks for the cell, I may very well be reaching out.

I read and re read your post and I think I’m still confused.  
The left gauge has both air tanks on the needle gauge (green and red) and the right gauge is the boost, which probably wasn’t moving because you were at idle.  
Are you meaning the left side airbags filled up only and now the coach leans because the right side didn’t air up?

7 hours ago, Rboss22 said:

Hi all,

Last fall I purchased our HR Nav 45’ DD 60.  It was fine when parked late Sept of 22 after driving it home from KY to MN.  We finally came out of our deep freeze here in MN and I decided to fire the old beast up to day.  Cranked and started in under two seconds😎.  Bumped up the idle and went about my examination of how it survived a very brutal winter, it is under cover but open sides.  I watched it build some air on the left gauge, the right did not move.  So the driver side fully aired up, the passenger side never moved.   

I am hoping the old gal just needs a little more time to thaw out and will pop right up, i could not hear any audible air leaks but I was listening over th e sound of the DD 60 so IDK.  

Pointers on where to start are very much appreciated, again brand new coach to me so I have a very steep learning curve.  

Any central MN owners that would be interested in showing me around this amazing rig, I will pay for your time if need be.  

CAF8E42B-2C13-4BAD-AB84-316ABD6525CD.jpeg

4F6603D4-A6FA-4684-8B74-CDC8ACE5202F.jpeg

014D9047-C18C-4483-BD31-57A2F14F00AF.jpeg

1271D67D-1CF4-48AC-9F70-80099CF40A4D.jpeg

Bob, should air up at pretty much any air temperature, we are just across the border, you were at almost 78 degrees over the weekend, looks like it is leaning to the passenger side,air it up again,  move the coach out of the shelter see what happens.

Wayne

1999 Signature ceaser 

Is the front airing up as expected? If it is just the rear, it is likely a bad ride height valve. I had the problem last Summer on my Monaco Dynasty and had to change that valve to get the passenger side to air up. 

Edited by Doug and Nicki

Bob,

Some good advice above.  You can try the HWH air leveling reset switch.  It should be on the drivers left side console all the way back.  You can also tap AIR once on the HWH control panel then press the up arrow on the right side to see if that will raise it.   

In the end you're going to need to make some ramps out of 2"x10" lumber stacked about three high.  Then drive the coach up onto them.   This should give you enough clearance to get underneath.  The ride height valves are pretty simple and occasionally the small linkage to them becomes disconnected.  You should have two ride height valves on the rear and one on the front.  

Good luck!

Edited by vito.a

11 hours ago, WayneC said:

Bob, should air up at pretty much any air temperature, we are just across the border, you were at almost 78 degrees over the weekend, looks like it is leaning to the passenger side,air it up again,  move the coach out of the shelter see what happens.

Wayne

1999 Signature ceaser 

This is the plan for the next attempt, thanks

6 hours ago, vito.a said:

Bob,

Some good advice above.  You can try the HWH air leveling reset switch.  It should be on the drivers left side console all the way back.  You can also tap AIR once on the HWH control panel then press the up arrow on the right side to see if that will raise it.   

In the end you're going to need to make some ramps out of 2"x10" lumber stacked about three high.  Then drive the coach up onto them.   This should give you enough clearance to get underneath.  The ride height valves are pretty simple and occasionally the small linkage to them becomes disconnected.  You should have two ride height valves on the rear and one on the front.  

Good luck!

That is great advise also, I will try this thanks.  I am going to back it out and retry, then build some ramps.  I really want to pour concrete with a pit in the middle just for times like this.  

7 hours ago, Doug and Nicki said:

Is the front airing up as expected? If it is just the rear, it is likely a bad ride height valve. I had the problem last Summer on my Monaco Dynasty and had to change that valve to get the passenger side to air up. 

Only the driver side aired up, passenger side did not air up at all.  Care to share where to buy the valve??

12 hours ago, BradHend said:

I read and re read your post and I think I’m still confused.  
The left gauge has both air tanks on the needle gauge (green and red) and the right gauge is the boost, which probably wasn’t moving because you were at idle.  
Are you meaning the left side airbags filled up only and now the coach leans because the right side didn’t air up?

Yes

On my Monaco, there is one ride height valve in the front and one on each side in the rear. Take a measurement between the top and bottom air bag plates on each side of the front to see what you have. You will obviously find a difference in the rears when taking this measurement. I bought the valve from a truck parts supply place. I actually bought three of them to have spares for the potential replacement of the other two in the future. You will need to remove the one you have and take it with you to the parts supply place. There are many different ones, so they will need to match it up. I have an older post in here from last Summer with some pictures. Try to search to find that post.

On my Monaco, there is one ride height valve in the front and one on each side in the rear. Take a measurement between the top and bottom air bag plates on each side of the front to see what you have. You will obviously find a difference in the rears when taking this measurement. I bought the valve from a truck parts supply place. I actually bought three of them to have spares for the potential replacement of the other two in the future. You will need to remove the one you have and take it with you to the parts supply place. There are many different ones, so they will need to match it up. I have an older post in here from last Summer with some pictures. Try to search to find that post.

Hi Bob! My name is Darwyn and I have a 06 Dynasty with on and off air problems so have some experiance enough to be dangerous to myself and those that might listen. I might have some advice for you on some aspects of your coach.

I live in Brooklyn Park, MN. 612 309 7351

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe ride height valve linkage broken or detached. PN Haldex 48100225. Available online or NAPA or any truck parts store. You should be able to lift that side with your air leveling (HWH). Use jack stands or frame safety blocks near the airbags ( 2'' steel pipe works ).