2011 Camelot air compressor issues and questions. Need help understanding system.

camelot
Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

My 2011 Camelot 43dft  of course has air brakes. I had a low pressure tire so figured no problem,but could not find any where to plug in my air hose to fill tire?????????

looked in engine compartment no dice, looked in generator compartment found what looked like air fitttings but seemed like they were plugged or something, any way where in the world  can I attach an air hose to fill?????? Thank You! Steve

On my 2008 Camelot, It's not n the generator compartment along with the tank delrains. It is covered by a plastic cap that comes or to reveal a female quick connect. I have used it to pump up tires and even run a pin nail gun to reattach molding that got shook off on the road to Alaska.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Passenger side under front cap. Moving generator slide helps a little. It’s a male Type C quick connection.

Isn't that fitting for pressurizing the suspension from a tow truck for towing? 

- bob

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Passenger side under front cap. Moving generator slide helps a little. It’s a male Type C quick connection.

the only male connector is on drivers side, but i tried to quick connect would not lock in any ideas. TY Steve

20230805_172304.jpg

20230805_172315.jpg

2 hours ago, JohnC3 said:

On my 2008 Camelot, It's not n the generator compartment along with the tank delrains. It is covered by a plastic cap that comes or to reveal a female quick connect. I have used it to pump up tires and even run a pin nail gun to reattach molding that got shook off on the road to Alaska.

Is this it? Doesnt just twist off, i pulled on it but didnt come off didnt want to force it in case this is not what your talking about. TY Steve

20230805_172304.jpg

As mentioned,  the male fitting is for air IN, into the tank through a check valve,  you won't get any air out of it even when you find the correct type female. How about the one to the right of if that looks like a female type as far as I can tell?

4 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

As mentioned,  the male fitting is for air IN, into the tank through a check valve,  you won't get any air out of it even when you find the correct type female. How about the one to the right of if that looks like a female type as far as I can tell?

That looks like the female fitting your looking for to me!

You should get a rubber cap for that. Keep dirt out when not in use!

4 hours ago, camelot said:

the only male connector is on drivers side, but i tried to quick connect would not lock in any ideas. TY Steve

20230805_172304.jpg

20230805_172315.jpg

Is this it? Doesnt just twist off, i pulled on it but didnt come off didnt want to force it in case this is not what your talking about. TY Steve

20230805_172304.jpg

The female fitting  is the port I was talking about. Mine is vertical, yours is the one on the right in the picture

John

• Like 2

MODERATOR EDIT.  This is the door seal regulator and set to maybe 3 - 5 PSI.  It has nothing to do with the main compressor auxiliary fitting.  Doing this will or could destroy a bladder or tube seal built into the door frame and there is no known new replacement.

DUE to the concern for potential damage, which there is no known solution, the Moderating Staff will post such warnings to prevent misinformation and damage.

Thank for understanding why this post was edited.

@Yoaks5  @camelot

No. The black cap looks like air pressure regulator. Pull the knob out and turn to adjust the air for something I'm not sure what. Entry door seal?  

The picture below you should open the drains monthly or so to check for water in your tanks. Air in will be used by tow truck. Air out used to fill tires or other items. You'll need the correct type in air quick connect to use it. 

https://toolguyd.com/quick-guide-to-air-line-couplers-plugs/

20230805_172315.thumb.jpg.4add4efcd635132970aa8ed83bdd7eec (1).png

Also your owners manual should have a good description about these. 

• Like 1

• Solution
15 hours ago, camelot said:

20230805_172304.jpg

20230805_172315.jpg

20230805_172304.jpg

Late coming in.  First.  All the information is covered in the chassis section.  Since you have some questions about some of the more Fundamental things, might be a good time to scan the manual,

On page 197, there is a complete description of your air system and the brakes.  Specifically on page 200 is the diagram and “how to “ instructions.” On how to use the compressor to inflate items. You might also read the entire section and review the air brake system….as well as the recommended annual or semi annual bleeding and looking for moisture….which is a sign that the desiccant air  filter cartridge in the rear needs changing….very important.  Not doing this can result in water in the braking system….possibly impacting its performance as well as a super costly repair.

The other picture is the regulator that controls your air seal or the speed operated valve that inflated the bladder seal and shuts out 90+% of the road noise that wraps around the entire inner door frame.

DO NOT TURN THE REGULATOR VALVE.  It has been factory adjusted to a very low air pressure and you a need precision gauge, not just a common tire pressure gauge to recalibrate it.

I  great that you asked and posted pictures….and all these are covered in varying levels of detail, some really COVERED, in your manual.

hope this helps.

3 hours ago, camelot said:

Thank You! I will pry it off with alittle pressure, the black cap correct

@camelot

PLEASE DO NOT DO THAT….read my post. If you do then you will run the risk of bursting a seal that was part of the entire door frame and there are no, based on many folks experience, new replacements…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yoaks5 said:

MODERATOR EDIT.  This is the door seal regulator and set to maybe 3 - 5 PSI.  It has nothing to do with the main compressor auxiliary fitting.  Doing this will or could destroy a bladder or tube seal built into the door frame and there is no known new replacement.

DUE to the concern for potential damage, which there is no known solution, the Moderating Staff will post such warnings to prevent misinformation and damage.

Thank for understanding why this post was edited.

@Yoaks5  @camelot

No. The black cap looks like air pressure regulator. Pull the knob out and turn to adjust the air for something I'm not sure what. Entry door seal?  

The picture below you should open the drains monthly or so to check for water in your tanks. Air in will be used by tow truck. Air out used to fill tires or other items. You'll need the correct type in air quick connect to use it. 

https://toolguyd.com/quick-guide-to-air-line-couplers-plugs/

20230805_172315.thumb.jpg.4add4efcd635132970aa8ed83bdd7eec (1).png

Also your owners manual should have a good description about these. 

Are you a Moderator on this site?  Thank you.

No. My post was edited by Tom Cherry who is. 

I should also say I agree with the edit. It looks like I was telling the op to adjust the regulator but I was actually just trying to explain how it works and that it was not his air connection he was looking for. Poor wording on my part glad Tom caught it. 

23 hours ago, Ivan K said:

I use that one all the time to air my tires. It’s a Type C quick connection and I used it on both of my rigs.

IMG_7150.png

Edited by Ivylog

3 hours ago, Ivylog said:

I use that one all the time to air my tires. It’s a Type C quick connection and I used it on both of my rigs.

IMG_7150.png

Yours probably has a thumbvalve where that hole is on the side (as does mine).

That male fitting is where a tow truck would supply air, but is also used as the supply (wet) tank drain.

With the valve missing, it's no good for either.