Dometic remote temp sensor cover replacement… Information

Lenny D
Go to solution Solved by Tom Cherry,

Hi, I stole this photo of a remote temp sensor from a past post I found in the 'search' bar .. I own a 2002 Windsor. I went to clean the cover and it was so brittle it just crumbled when I touched it. I'd like to replace it. Any info on a vendor or someplace I can buy a replacement ?

Thanks

LD

0696B294-1795-44AA-B9E7-E24D694E6E08.jpeg.a1ce13fd83cd60a0e60332adc4c1da09.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Google "dometic ac sensor cup", pretty expensive from stores that have it in stock.

Thank you .. So, I saw a white one for $14 from Boat and RV Accessory. Of course its listed as 'Out Of Stock' ...  I also saw a black one from Dyers RV .. They have it in stock $44.92 !!! ... lolol. . Get an RV they said. You'll love it they said .. We actually do love it .. Bank account be damned.

Thanks

Rumor has it that something at Walmart or Dollar General,for less than $4, and much prettier, would do the job. My accessory Keurig coffee cup strainer in polished nickel is getting nervous right now. I've also seen some tea bag strainers that would do the job.

Edited by Gary Cole

• Solution

@Lenny D  edited…found one….

There you go.  Tan/Brown ain’t out there.  Hereare the PN for replacement.  Too HIGH.  Start with the Black.  I found the OOS white for $15 and in stock by googling…it is a “prostitution market”.  Keep looking.  

NOW…the other option is Northwest RV Supply.  They boight tons of Monaco inventory.  Call or email them.  They may have them or try ebay.

The key goggle phrase is Dometic RV temperature (temp) sensor cover.  That is how I found the PN and had copied the white and found the $15 OOS 

EDIT

https://rvpartsexpress.com/product/dometic-3313107-064-sensor-cap-white/

IN STOCK..$22

Buy the whatever color you can find… Choose a spray can color you like.  Be proficient with a spray can and spray the sucker….will last for years.

That’s how I would do it.

IMG_0955.png

IMG_0956.png

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Dometic remote temp sensor cover replacement… Information

I would buy a 3D printer and learn how to use it before I would pay someone $45.00 for a fancy bottle cap. I've avoided one particular European car maker for years due to their rapacious parts pricing. I began to suspect that their cars were engineered to consume parts on a regular schedule.

On 8/14/2023 at 4:12 PM, Gary Cole said:

I would buy a 3D printer and learn how to use it before I would pay someone $45.00 for a fancy bottle cap. I've avoided one particular European car maker for years due to their rapacious parts pricing. I began to suspect that their cars were engineered to consume parts on a regular schedule.

Sorry Gary,
Sounds like you need to Bring More Wallet.