Norcold 1200 Refrigerator not working - Error Codes

Gonzalo
Go to solution Solved by Ivan K,

I did change my GFI receptacle but my refer still not working I check all receptacles   Fuses are fine except for a 20 amps circuit breaker on the back it feels a little hot I turn off but still the refer said something like this

IMG_2552.jpeg

IMG_2551.jpeg

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Norcold 1200 Refrigerator not working - Error Codes
18 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

Look at this video, you are not alone.

https://youtu.be/zKOMuGfkWtQ?si=WM5z3ZS_D15zR16-

@Gonzalo

OK....Ivan has solved it.  PLEASE watch the Video and THEN AGAIN.  You will need a strong magnet not a weak one.  I am JUST GUESSING....so here is what you can try.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-Zinc-Magnetic-Cabinet-Latch/3115795

Lowes sells a Hillman round base magnetic "hook" .  That is the link to it.  That is one more powerful magnet.  I think it would work.  Otherwise, find a rectangular one on Amazon, but it needs to strong.  They are called "RARE EARTH" magnets.  The Hillman catch or hook is very powerful.. I know, I have one.

If you can't get it to reset or have a buddy to help you....then you might ought to consider a Residential upgrade.

If I UNDERSTAND you, you NOW have power to the outlet in the back of the refrigerator compartment and that works off the inverter.  In our last offline PM', you were going to reinstall the GFCI correctly.  Now you have POWER.  The issue is NOTHING to do with the POWER.

If that doesn't work...then one last try.  Shut DOWN everything.  Use your Battery Cut Off or Salesman switch on the door or the Battery Cut Off Switches.  Let it sit for maybe an hour.  Then start the Generator....Then let it run a while.  If you have 50 Amp service at storage or home or wherever...then use that.

OK...NOW retry the refrigerator.  It MIGHT clear itself...if not then the Video shows you how.

Past that...I would be very reluctant to spend any $$ on a Norcold....it is like a bottomless pit and dangerous...

I DO trust the Camping World in Greensboro.  They have a long time (maybe 30 year tech...can NOT remember his name...), but he is the one I would specify for the installation. Your Endeavor, which I THINK is the same as the Diplomat requires some "special work" as you have a Furnace under it.  

@Scotty Hutto has a 2006 Diplomat and did the upgrade.  He is a site Administrator and might reach out and help you with some of the details....You need to understand WHAT has to be done and how he did that.  There are a LOT of topics here...but Scotty did his own and, I think, posted the HOW TO.

Read and understand that...then go to Camping World and get a quote and show them the link here for Scotty's upgrade...that explains it....

Good Luck

Yes, Diplomat and Endeavor are twins.  I did the change out and there are some pics here on the site, but the definitive guide to lowering the refrigerator deck without removing the furnace and installing a residential refrigerator in a  Diplomat was written by Bob Nodine and is in our files.  

One word of caution (and I’m hoping a 2005 Diplomat or Endeavor owner will speak up); I believe the ceiling height is slightly lower in a 2005 than in Bob’s 2006. Double check that before doing anything!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Yes, Diplomat and Endeavor are twins.  I did the change out and there are some pics here on the site, but the definitive guide to lowering the refrigerator deck without removing the furnace and installing a residential refrigerator in a  Diplomat was written by Bob Nodine and is in our files.  

One word of caution (and I’m hoping a 2005 Diplomat or Endeavor owner will speak up); I believe the ceiling height is slightly lower in a 2005 than in Bob’s 2006. Double check that before doing anything!

Scotty,

Double thanks.  Yes, your memory is correct.  MH's had a "stretch" in the mid 2000's...based on TALL cousin's research.  The 05 Dip/End were 81.  The 06 were the 3" added or 84"

@Gonzalo

You will need to research and see what folks did.  SOME might have been creative or the usual Samsung might NOT fit in yours.  See if you can FIX the Norcold...then we will help you get info if it is still not working....

I don't recall a circuit breaker on the back of our Norcold and if it was there it shouldn't be hot to the touch.  The heater elements should draw about 3A, the icemaker has a dedicated AC circuit.  I don't know how much it draws. 

I have a Norcold 1200 Service Manual and can't find those error displays in it.  There's even a diagnostic mode you can engage.  If you pm me your email address I'll send it to you. 

I did the magnet trick once on ours.  It worked several more months.  The fail safe circuit trips because of an overheat condition. 

In addition to our 2003 Endeavor's furnace floor being too high to accept a Samsung (or other full size refer) there was a plumbing drain line that would have been very difficult to move to get the furnace ceiling lower.  OTOH, there are some residential 2 door models in the 14 cu ft range, still more room than the Norcold's 12 cu ft, that don't have the height of a full size refer.   They're a little less wide also.  Some installers put a small broom closet or sliding spice rack next to the fridge. 

We found a similar Dometic for a song but if I were doing it over I'd be thinking a small residential.  I boondock 90% so probably add some solar to compensate. 

I hope you find your Norcold's issue and able to fix it. 

- bob

I just took out a Norco 1200 out our Diplomat & swapped for a Frigidaire house refrigerator.  My Norco would still work sometimes so if you need some Norco parts I might could help you out. I have the floor furnace under the Norco & the house refrigerator I got fit without lowering the floor. I did add some additional bracing with angle iron under the floor the refrigeratorsits on. I also put back 3/4" plywood for the house refrigerator to sit on insteadof the OSB board. Also I drilled through the floor & installed two 1/2"eye bolts. I used a 2" ratchet strap over the refrigerator to hold it in place. 

20230825_104839.jpg

@Gonzalo

any luck.  Here is a link that a member used when he had the NO CO….FWIW.  Linked younto the new topic.

https://rvfridgeguys.com/blog/norcold-refrigerator-in-lockout-mode-do-you-need-to-reset-your-power-board-/

Yes I have to hire an electrician he find a sensor in the gas lines behind refrigerator that prevent fire corroded also one electric plug is shorted on  top of driver seat that triggers the GFI then he change the refrigerator back plug to the ice maker plug Wich has permanent current so far so good charge $365 thanks again