Pocket door dilema

Good morning, so as my wife tried to open the pocket door for some privacy, she couldn't.  Seems the wheel it slides on is still in the track but the threaded rod it attaches to is still on the door. Has anyone ever have this problem and how did you get the door out to access the roller. Thanks...

16934953870478320985739243140573.jpg

16934954187158314197488239767063.jpg

If the door is not on the roller which is in the track, then that lever in your picture gets moved sideways to release and the door can be removed from the track roller assy.  But the real question is why did it fail...so you might have a broken / bent part that will have to be replaced.

Those doors are a PITA to work on...

• Like 1

Your pic isn’t quite big enough for me to see if it’s like my coach…. But in my Diplomat, the wood trim piece covering the track comes off by removing 2-3 screws (mine are covered by plastic caps). That gives you full access and visibility to the slide mechanism. 

Judging based on the position of the plastic lever, it looks like it may have simply come “unclippped” from the trolley that rides on the slide track. If so, just lift the door so the pin fits back in the plastic lever locking mechanism, and close the lever.  

Hope that helps. 

• Like 2

Ronnie,  I can't tell from your pic how the roller is attached to the track, if it is like a bypass closet door that you would have in your home you might be able to lift the door, move it toward or away from you the track? Hou could then remove the roller and reattach it to the door.  Then reverse the process to put both rollers back on the track.

• Like 1

If you take off the face board on the top of the door opening (mine has two screws with caps on them) this will give you access to the plastic levers that hold the pins in the top of the door. Open the levers and the door should lift up and off the holders. On my door, the screws that hold the top track stripped out in the far back side and the door fell like yours. (from bouncing down the road I assume) The hard part is I have not figured out a way to get new screws in due to it being o narrow and mine being right next to the fridge. hopefully your just fell out of the track. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Your pic isn’t quite big enough for me to see if it’s like my coach…. But in my Diplomat, the wood trim piece covering the track comes off by removing 2-3 screws (mine are covered by plastic caps). That gives you full access and visibility to the slide mechanism. 

Judging based on the position of the plastic lever, it looks like it may have simply come “unclippped” from the trolley that rides on the slide track. If so, just lift the door so the pin fits back in the plastic lever locking mechanism, and close the lever.  

Hope that helps. 

The wooden trim piece can be attached a number of ways.  It was made to be disassembled.  If no visible fasteners, then a “pin” or a finishing nail gun.

use a thin putty knife on one end and start to gently pry up.  Then repair.  Pull out the nails.  Put two (3) pieces of 1” wide Velcro on the back and then keep the mating pieces attached. Peel off the backing.  Position in place.  Press.  The use your hand to bang in place.  It will come off later if needed….

That way, you do not need a pin gun.

• Like 1

On a trip the inner roller contacted the stopping block inside the pocket and bent a roller. Seeing how your door is disconnected from the second roller, You may just be able to get the roller down the track and reconnect. If not you'll need a roller. I got mine from a camping world nearby. I had to cut the bottom of the track open at the outer most point to get the rollers out and replace with a new one. Just make sure where you cut is not in the normal track of the rollers when using the door.

Disconnect the door and figure out what you might need to fix. Hopefully you still aver the second door for the bathroom to use.

Good luck on the fix.

Sorry seeing it IS the bathroom door not the bedroom door. Everything else applies but the but the second layer of privacy 😉

1 hour ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Hope that helps. 

Ditto.  My 05 Ambassador is not pocketed but covered by a removable molding.

Don't mean to hijack this post but while on the subject does anyone know of a source for replacement hardware for the pocket doors? Particularly the plastic ground track and also the wheeled unit at the top.

My 2004 Dynasty problem would unscrew from the track by itself... It's not easy but what I did is bought a syringe and needles on Amazon..I have had problems locking the door travel pin on the botton and could see when the adjustments were out of specks. Once you get it back togeather by the way the refrigerator side is a real pain...but when it's level and locks properly  and the lock pins work easly  I  unscrewed the adjustments 2.5 turns put blue lock tight with the syringe on the threads screwed it back up 2.5 turns..Problem Solved...I don't know why but those screws just unscrew by then selves I think from opening and closing the pocket door..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 1nolaguy said:

Don't mean to hijack this post but while on the subject does anyone know of a source for replacement hardware for the pocket doors? Particularly the plastic ground track and also the wheeled unit at the top.

Actually difficult to find stuff. A lot of the commercial places like Camping world have significantly decreased their in stock supply of replacement hardware. I found a top roller there, fortunately. I also started searching pocket door hardware for houses. There have been a significant amount of engineering on the housing side with soft closing/opening pocket doors. I put one in my house and the best thing ever created. No more slamming of the pocket doors.

If I hadn't found the replacement hardware so quickly, I would have taken some residential hardware to repair it.

So I took.the pocket door off the track after removing the trim. Seems the inner roller just unscrewed from the post. If I had some thread locker, I would have done that. But screwed the post back on the roller, rehung the door, and works like a charm...thank you all that responded!