ABS lights on

Hi Gang:

I have a 2005 Dynasty Diamond IV. I am having problems with the ABS light and cruise control.

I have been reading thru past posts concerning this issue and need to find the ABS diagnostic

board in order to troubleshoot and figure out what my problem is.

I've looked in the front run bay with no success. 

Can someone out there who has a 2005 Dynasty point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance or any info,

George Brennan

2005 Dynasty Diamond IV

Puyallup, WA

My ABS light stayed on for quite a while, and I finally read were one option was to disconnect the batteries from the coach. In other words from the engine part of the RV. Are use the master cut off switch to do this. This reset my ABS system in life is good again with no ABS lights on.

I have a 06 Dynasty where the ABS light comes on after 5 minutes of driving and stays lit until I turn off the ignition. It's been like that since purchasing and picking up the coach in February 2022.

I haven't had time to research as to the exact reasons but will someday. It's not high on the priority list yet since I never drive in snow or on icy roads.

Over the years I've had the ABS light come several times, most were false alarms. 

Once I got a code for the front drivers side sensor out of spec.  I was able to pull the sensor, clean real good, and put back in and that cleared the code.  

The sensors on the front axle can easily be removed.  On the rear axle I'd have to remove the tire and hub.

During the times I was reaching why ABS light might come on is bad ground and it was recommended to run another ground to my diagnostic module, which I did. 

I want to thank all those who replied to my message.

Actually I am Looking for the location of the ABS Test Button and indicator lamp, on my 2005 Dynasty, so I can troubleshoot

this problem.

The symptoms that I have is that I am in cruise control and the ABS light comes on intermittently, when it does my cruise control

shuts down. On my Aladdin display panel the speed shows 0 which tells me the ABS is somehow connected to the cruise control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

George Brennan

2005 Dynasty Diamond IV

Puyallup, WA

Edited by Tom Cherry
Remove all blank lines at end

24 minutes ago, sailorp40 said:

24 minutes ago, sailorp40 said:

“I want to thank all those who replied to my message.

Actually I am Looking for the location of the ABS Test Button and indicator lamp, on my 2005 Dynasty”

George, I have an 05 Windsor and my button is in the left front electrical bay.  In my case, the module is mounted on the lower left wall and I found it has a dim red light when the ABS dash light is on.  I felt around the module and found the small button on the blind side.  I pressed and both the red light and inside notice went out, and stayed out.

Edited by David White
Incorrect

I wasn't going to comment since we are 5 years apart but who knows, my ABS button is also on the left under the dash and has no light or circuit board, is round metal shape, like a 'bearing ball sticking through a hole'. It blinks the actual ABS status indicator light.

Can't hep you with that as I haven't taken the time to even look for mine.

However, once my ABS light triggers on the dash it has no affect to my cruise control so you must have something more seriously wrong going on between the ABS system and your Smart Wheel Control module.

The ABS system does control the brakes as part of the AntiLock Braking System so I wonder if the light is actually triggering a braking action for a short instant and at the same time sending a signal to the cruise control and it shuts it off. 

Only way to get to the bottom of it is to figure out how to retrieve codes.  Once you get the code I might give you the info you need to fix.

In my case for me to check for codes I actually have to press the brake pedal to start the process, then go outside to my DSRB and press the button on the module for ~2 seconds to start the diagnostic process. 

40 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Can't hep you with that as I haven't taken the time to even look for mine.

However, once my ABS light triggers on the dash it has no affect to my cruise control so you must have something more seriously wrong going on between the ABS system and your Smart Wheel Control module.

Richard,

Maybe yes…maybe NO.  Frank McElroy made a ECM change so that the Cruise parameters in my ECM was programmed exactly like his Dynasty, in a effort to disengage the cruise when the exhaust brake was engaged.  May be a little off in my exact recollection, but then, after that didn’t work and a cursory research, we decided that the cruise and such (wiring…a mess to to chase…) was really the issue.  Hence, Monaco rarely wired anything the same way. My cruise was wired, as to how it disengaged, different from Frank’s Dynasty…but ee both have the same engine and VIP and dash.  The brake light and cancellation circuits are different and I would need to revise or add a relay and such.  Obviously not worth the effort.

My point…I don’t know if your 2006 is exactly the same, nor is the ECU programmed the same, as the 2005. Dynasty.   The 2006, if I recall, was when the Dynasty went through the “new revision” and much of the of the circuits and “harnesses” were changed.  

So, even if the op’s issue is the same as yours, until you pulled the prints, did the troubleshooting and also chased the circuits as well as compared the ECM for both models…. The same “issue”  or problem, if that is the term you want to use, might not react or work the same way.

Thus, I don’t know if the comment about a more serious issue is true…or false..  The other thing…is the ABS module the same?  Therefore troubleshooting the issue to find out what is wrong and then correcting that is probably the best solution.  Bill D’s comment that no two Monaco’s were built the same is even truer today…

Perhaps I am in a more optimistic mood this morning and a general comment about a potential serious issue might be premature…even though only one MY apart…or not.

It will be interesting, after both of you resolve the issue, to see if the two systems were exactly the same as well as integrated exactly the same….. 

Curiosity….gets the best of me.  Most of the posts, when you google, and read or scan usually get around to “speed sensor” problems will drive MH cruise controls bonkers.  Now that is a blanket, generic statement….

Don’t know if you found this topic when you searched.  Makes the most sense and mirrors your problems.  NOT an ABS expert….but read a lot….also had an issue on Yukon.  Did a little “feelie around” and had a “floppy/sloppy” front wheel speed sensor.  Pushed it in…went away.  Shift into 4 WH or Neutral for towing cleared it…sometimes.  Dealer scanned.  OPPS…a faulty, as had an intermittent internal short, in a REAR wheel was issue.  Fixed.  Asked the tech…what about the front loose one.  No codes.  He shinnied under it in the parking lot and reseated it….all is well.

Bottom line….read this thread.  You are on the right path.  Get the exact model/generation/rev level of your ABS, then download the manual (you may already have done this)….then do the diagnostic, once you find the control….that is what seems to work….unless you find a good OTR shop is a certified “repair center” and let the. Scan and resolve.

KISS….hope this helps…